Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
steviln

Any news about upcoming tech trees?

56 comments in this topic

[D_R_M]
Players
852 posts
15,224 battles

I just wonder if WG have specified or there are any reliable rumours about any new tech trees being added soon? Then complete ship lines and not side branches like the new japanese DDs coming soon?

Beta Tester
753 posts

British DD, Italian Cruisers and German Carriers is what we can expect, in that order.

German Carriers will come at the same time as CV rework. Late 2018 or early 2019.

Players
28 posts
3,335 battles
Just now, Hannibalurg said:

British DD, Italian Cruisers and German Carriers is what we can expect, in that order.

German Carriers will come at the same time as CV rework. Late 2018 or early 2019.

Are you sure about German Carriers being in the pipeline - given that the tree would have to be made of complete works of fiction all the way to T10? The one candidate that actually existed didn't go down terribly well with the player base when they added it to the game.....

British DDs almost certainly next as you state. I would certainly hope for Italian CA/CLs after that. The next CV line (if they were to add one) would probably be British.

Beta Tester
753 posts

Pretty sure german CV's are the next CV line to arrive. During the Q & A the devs mentioned a hybrid carrier, whatever that entales. Time will show. British DD is 100% confirmed and ship stats released. Italian CA and german CV is educated guesses. 

18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

There will be no german CV...

Source?

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles
7 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

You got sources for that or is that just what you think they might bring?

We know RN DDs are in the making, but I have heard nothing substantial about RM cruisers and absolutely zilch about any plans to introduce a new CV line anytime soon and if there were I very doubt they'd do KM CVs because there's simply precious little material to work with to make a complete line without an unhealthy dose of imagination (especially when you could actually do a line much easier with RN which actually employed CV).

1 minute ago, Hannibalurg said:

During the Q & A the devs mentioned a hybrid carrier, whatever that entales.

Pretty sure they were talking about IJN Tone ...

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
1 minute ago, Hannibalurg said:

Source?

Common Sense and WG said that the german CV tree is VERY unlikely as you have to basicly make up everything.

Another hint: The only halfway realistic german CV is a premium ship in game...

RU BB are much more likely during the next year.

Players
28 posts
3,335 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

RU BB are much more likely during the next year.

Oh joy of joys....given WG's idea as to what a high-tier RU CA is like - one can only guess what weird and wonderful imaginary figments they'll whip out for the BB line in it's entirety.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

German CV's is irrational as well as being historically bollocks, they only ever part built 1 and that's already modelled (badly) in the game.Royal Navy at least had real ones and they don't exist yet.

Royal Navy DD's - Certain

Italian Cruisers - Extremely likely

Russian (totally fictitious) BB's - Very likely

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles
17 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Oh joy of joys....given WG's idea as to what a high-tier RU CA is like - one can only guess what weird and wonderful imaginary figments they'll whip out for the BB line in it's entirety.

TO be fair, the Imperial Russian navy did have dreadnoughts, and the Soviets were building 4 different Sovietsky Soyuz.

It might not be as paper as people think.

• Cool 4

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,407 battles

Wg stated with the release of the Graf Zeppelin that GZ is going to be the only German carrier in game.. Will search for it when am home from work. 

Will be interesting to see if they will come with a mixed eu destroyer and/or cruiser line. Pray for that :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

"German CV line"

:Smile_teethhappy:

WG has confirmed earlier they have no intention of making that.

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,417 posts
8,419 battles

add french DD's to the list...

• Cool 2

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
655 posts
11,727 battles
Vor 54 Minuten, Hannibalurg sagte:

Pretty sure german CV's are the next CV line to arrive. During the Q & A the devs mentioned a hybrid carrier, whatever that entales.

They were talking about ships like Ise- and Tone-class

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ise-class_battleship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone-class_cruiser

Players
2,361 posts
15,164 battles

0.7.9: RN 'defensive floating islands'

0.8.3: RM 'inoffensive floating targets'

0.9.0: Russian spaceships.

• Cool 2

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

There was a post in the news thread some time ago that I can't find anymore, but it detailed that after the USN split:

RN DDs in the summer

RM (Italy) CAs in fall or winter

Russian BBs in early 2019

This mentions the Rm cruisers, but I can't find the rest atm.

• Cool 1

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
3 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

Pretty sure german CV's are the next CV line to arrive. During the Q & A the devs mentioned a hybrid carrier, whatever that entales. Time will show. British DD is 100% confirmed and ship stats released. Italian CA and german CV is educated guesses. 

''Hybrid'' carrier could be a normal carrier with secondary guns build. Because I heard Graf Zeppelin can use secondary guns build.

3 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

Source?

The same question pointed at you for German CVs.

Players
149 posts
1,541 battles

It's impossible that we will have RN DDs this summer. They just have teast them. They still have to be tested by that secret testgroup and after that you have testing by Notsers, flamu,..... And after that you have the public test. No the RN DDs is for after the summer. For the summer it's the 2 Japanese DD's

If you have followed Mighty Jingles and Notser. There will be NO new CV line this year. Still way to much work that has to be done for CV play.

And if you look at the first 1/2 of 2018 and 2017 there is only room for 1 other new line. And I say it will be a Commonwealth cruiserline. And why this line. Simple hoping for a new market.

So in short:

- Summer the 2 new IJN DDs

- Fall the RN DDs

- Winter Commonwealth cruisers ( my personal guess)

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,191 battles

I remember seeing long ago (2 years, but the info came from much earlier) an image leaked by the admins in the WOWS oficial facebook group from Spain about the tech tree of the german navy. It was shortly after the relase of german battleships and in this image there was the proposed german cv line. Basically high tier (7 to 10) german cvs were some sort of battlecarriers. With frontal turrets with 3 and even 4 280 mm cannons.

Unfortunately I can't find that image.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,126 posts
2,202 battles
13 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

German CV's is irrational as well as being historically bollocks, they only ever part built 1 and that's already modelled (badly) in the game.Royal Navy at least had real ones and they don't exist yet.

Royal Navy DD's - Certain

Italian Cruisers - Extremely likely

Russian (totally fictitious) BB's - Very likely

^This^

But @BeauNidl3, you forgot to add that the RU BB's will be stronk ships.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts

Given the fictional nature of a large part of the Russian BB-line, the somewhat reduced popularity of WoWS in Russia, the BB-heavy meta and the relatively widespread mockery of the Russian surface fleet, I would’t be surprised if we get to see the French Speedboats Destroyers before the Russian BBs.

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,604 battles
14 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

That might be British Carrier line tho? It would make more sense to me at the least. :cap_hmm:

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,126 posts
2,202 battles
13 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Given the fictional nature of a large part of the Russian BB-line, the somewhat reduced popularity of WoWS in Russia, the BB-heavy meta and the relatively widespread mockery of the Russian surface fleet, I would’t be surprised if we get to see the French Speedboats Destroyers before the Russian BBs.

No. Thats exactly why WG will give us stronk RU BB's :Smile_trollface:

Players
149 posts
1,541 battles

In 2018 they introduced the French BBs. It is highly unlikely they will implement a second new BB-line. Only 2 BB lines left. The Russians and the Italian. So that's for 2019 and 2020. I even wouldn't be surprised that they keep the Russian BBs for something big like WOWS 1.0.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
15 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

German carriers?....they had more than one unfinished??

Sign in to follow this