You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
julmatar

Why matchmaking sucks nowadays?

38 comments in this topic

Question

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles

matchmaking was way better back then before they change so bad it seems that some tiers get more often +2 tier matches now than others for example playing as t4-5 doesn't get that often 6-7tiered match when you playing 6 you get like6/10 battles  +2 mm, t7 not so often it's like 4/10. but then t8 arrives and it's like 7/10 that you're playing against +2. tier9 sailing pretty mutch + - 1 mm and well t10 cant get +1 or 2 obiously. why is that there is not good reason why t8 has to play so damn often against +2 match make when i started this game a long ago there what pretty good mm but not it's like some drunk made.

imo Tier 10 should be in its own battles it's so stupid to see what the [edited]1 t8 ship doing is full t10 match lol

37 answers to this question

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles

I just dont get how ppl like this +-2 is good just dont understand it i can still do decently as undertier but that's still bad match making imo

it's stupid defend mm by player skill ofc if your good you can play undertier but mm is still bad

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,201 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 1 Minute, julmatar sagte:

I just dont get how ppl like this +-2 is good just dont understand it i can still do decently as undertier but that's still bad match making imo

Because being toptier is actually the only chance for bad players to have a good match.

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
  • That is not new
  • Interesting that you like the old MM better, but many people did not like the the different number of ships per class.

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • That is not new
  • Interesting that you like the old MM better, but many people did not like the the different number of ships per class.

Didn't like that but more often was almost same tiers back then like t8 plays against t7-9 not that often came t10 back then

[OM]
3,201 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 23 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

some tiers get more often +2 tier matches now than others

The new matchmaker didn't change anything about that. It only balances the ship classes and tiers so that each team has the same number of destroyers and lowtier ships and so on.

Vor 24 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

why is that there is not good reason why t8 has to play so damn often against +2 match

There is a good reason. It's simply the lacking of T11 and T10. That obviously means that T10 is always toptier and therefore T8 is lowtier more often.

Vor 26 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

when i started this game a long ago there what pretty good mm but not it's like some drunk made.

You mean when the MM was actually +-3 instead of +-2 and with fail divisions even T2 ships could end up in T10 matches? Yeah, sounds pretty good indeed. /sarcasm

Another reason (that is obvious as well) is that more people reach T10 the longer the game exists. With more players in T10, T8 will obviously meet T10 ships more often.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
6 minutes ago, julmatar said:

t10 should have their own games only t10s

Why? And how does that improve the game?

That only shifts the current problem down to tier9! With this suggestion tier9 ships will now be always toptier and tier7 will complain about being to often matched +2. Great job!

Why doesn't people can really think beforehand posting something?!

[OM]
3,201 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 11 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

t10 should have their own games only t10s

T10 only matches already exist.

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles

like i sayed different tier affect differently t1 get only t1 now which is good t2 is only +1 t3 plays very often +-1 t4 again mostly +-1 t5 get often +-2 t6 get dont get that often +-2 t7 mostly +-1 t8 most horrible it's more +-2 than 1 by % t9 mostly against t9-10 t10 get often match against -2

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

T10 only matches already exist.

you mean clan batles or after reach rank 1? i mean random battles that not alrdy exist

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
2 minutes ago, julmatar said:

would be way better balance if mm would be +-1

no

and if you have no data to back this up, this is just your personal and subjective opinion, nothing more

my opinion is that +/-2 MM is just fine

• Cool 1

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

no

and if you have no data to back this up, this is just your personal and subjective opinion, nothing more

my opinion is that +/-2 MM is just fine

why +-2mm is good it would be more balanced with +-1 since not that mutch difference

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

you still do not get the point...

1 minute ago, julmatar said:

would be more balanced with +-1

How? How is this "more" balance then a +/-2?

Any statistics available?

You are mixing up your personal opinion with facts.

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles

hmm how about t9-10 upgrades and modules they are way stronger that t8

[OM]
3,201 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

you mean clan batles or after reach rank 1? i mean random battles that not alrdy exist

No, I mean random battles with T10 only. And they do exist, I had them.

Vor 3 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

would be way better balance if mm would be +-1

That's completely wrong. Ships are balanced for +-2, going +-1 would destroy that balance.

The only problem is shitty player skills. Being lowtier is no problem at all if players would just activate their brain, be a little bit more careful and adapt their playstyle to the situation.

But instead they are like you, open stupid threads about MM that are exactly the same as the hundreds of MM threads before.

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
2 minutes ago, julmatar said:

Please, for gods sake, stick to ONE topic. Don't divert into another topic.

Do you want to talk about the Matchmaker or (legendary) upgrades?

[OM]
3,201 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

And T8 upgrade is way stronger than T7 upgrades, so it's good that T8 rarely meets T7 and below, right? Oh, wait.

Players
199 posts
6,347 battles

Current match making completely invalidates WoWs as a PvP game, there's a good reason why other games take time to construct matches, this game has no waiting period at all, which is clearly suspect, also it's the only game i know of where you can predict match outcomes as soon as you load into a match.

Current match making is the way it is, to simply benefit a certain cross section of the player population, matches aren't balanced by design.

At this point in time i fail to see any one single thing about this game that's actually good.

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles

how about make team points matchmake so it try make equal team by points that would also work

[OM]
3,201 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, julmatar sagte:

how about make team points matchmake so it try make equal team by points that would also work

The teams are equal :fish_palm:

Vor 12 Minuten, KHETTIFER sagte:

also it's the only game i know of where you can predict match outcomes as soon as you load into a match.

You said the same stupid thing in another thread, but when I asked you to prove that statement, you suddenly went quiet and left :cap_hmm:

Vor 13 Minuten, KHETTIFER sagte:

At this point in time i fail to see any one single thing about this game that's actually good.

Then what are you still doing here?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,687 posts
13,121 battles

Ah, yes, the golden days where CVs weren't mirrored, you could get +/-3 MM and faildivision a T1 ship into a T10 game were clearly better than what we have now.

Good times.

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Ah, yes, the golden days where CVs weren't mirrored, you could get +/-3 MM and faildivision a T1 ship into a T10 game were clearly better than what we have now.

Good times.

you guys only remeber those but back then it was more same tiered matches...

[TAITO]
Players
205 posts
6,044 battles
17 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The teams are equal :fish_palm:

and how you're think teams are equal if  2x 3super unicum divs get to same team why they cant split between good and bad players

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,687 posts
13,121 battles
Just now, julmatar said:

you guys only remeber those but back then it was more same tiered matches...

Lol no.

Let me give you a breakdown of how MM worked back then:

The tier numbers of the respective teams were added up then equalized against each other. That means extremely unbalanced results often occurred which were fine in the eyes of MM.

Basic example:

Team 1

T8 CV

T8 BB

T6 cruiser

T7 DD

Sum of tier numbers: 29

Team 2

T5 BB

T5 BB

T6 cruiser

T8 cruiser

T5 DD

Sum of tier numbers: 29

Team 2 is obviously going to get absolutely demolished but this was considered balanced by MM.