Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
evp66

kitakaze and harugumo

16 comments in this topic

[AEDL]
Players
269 posts
8,923 battles

Both ships are in test and everything can chance but some thinking about specs now.It looks like they are not getting superakizukis designet 36,7 knots speed(harugumo 35,7).Their agility is even worse than Akizukis.Six torps but very long reload time.Other specs look fine...exspecially harugumos health pool and guns.I hope they do someting to that agility...they are both gunboats and need it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles

There is only so much they can do about the agility of a ship since it's a factor of the hull dimensions. A long and thin ship will always have awful turning radius.

Looks like we might be getting 1/4 penetration on the 100mm guns which should help quite a bit. With IFHE that means you can even damage BB bow/stern plating as well as some extra cruiser armor sections. Or you can skip IFHE entirely and go for a flamethrower build.

• Cool 1

[AEDL]
Players
269 posts
8,923 battles
On 7/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, _ramrus_ said:

No, Kitakaze is getting the speed. Might be a fun ship.

In wows wiki 33 knots...

On 7/10/2018 at 6:29 PM, Nechrom said:

There is only so much they can do about the agility of a ship since it's a factor of the hull dimensions. A long and thin ship will always have awful turning radius.

Looks like we might be getting 1/4 penetration on the 100mm guns which should help quite a bit. With IFHE that means you can even damage BB bow/stern plating as well as some extra cruiser armor sections. Or you can skip IFHE entirely and go for a flamethrower build.

Means Harugumo with 10 barrels is bad enemy for t8 cruisers and can maby deal with Khaba.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,508 posts
6,365 battles
11 minutes ago, evp66 said:

In wows wiki 33 knots...

Wiki always tends to be slow to update and often enough is straight up wrong. Especially on ships that are still "in development"

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles
4 minutes ago, evp66 said:

and can maby deal with Khaba.

Close range flat broadside Khaba perhaps. If the Harugumo has to resort to HE, then no.

[AEDL]
Players
269 posts
8,923 battles
8 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Close range flat broadside Khaba perhaps. If the Harugumo has to resort to HE, then no.

Needs 19 p captain and ifhe and mabe se...in current specs hp 26000+.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles
4 minutes ago, evp66 said:

Needs 19 p captain and ifhe and mabe se...in current specs hp 26000+.

Khaba has 50mm main armor. 100mm HE shells can't damage that even with 1/4 pen and IFHE.

[AEDL]
Players
269 posts
8,923 battles
27 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Khaba has 50mm main armor. 100mm HE shells can't damage that even with 1/4 pen and IFHE.

I dont remember but how about bow armor...and ofcourse you can do damage to superstructure...it is a lot of shells 10 shell in every 2,7 s...but time shows.

Beta Tester
271 posts
3,337 battles

Considering that these new DDs will turn slower than some BBs... I dunno... I love the akizuki right now and was kind of looking forward to the Kitakaze and Harugumo, but I just can’t see them being effective when most ships they will face is going to be that much more manouverable than them. I dont think that great DPM on paper is worth having worse turn radius than BBs, having a weak [edited]smoke and poor acceleration...

Imo, buff the turning speed a bit and we’re good.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles
1 hour ago, evp66 said:

I dont remember but how about bow armor...and ofcourse you can do damage to superstructure...it is a lot of shells 10 shell in every 2,7 s...but time shows.

Yes, but since the Khaba can damage the Harugumo everywhere and the Harugumo can't specifically just aim for bow/stern/superstructure, it loses way too much dpm from only doing damage with some of the hits.

Khaba only has 24% less raw dpm than Harugumo.

[AEDL]
Players
269 posts
8,923 battles
7 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Yes, but since the Khaba can damage the Harugumo everywhere and the Harugumo can't specifically just aim for bow/stern/superstructure, it loses way too much dpm from only doing damage with some of the hits.

There is also one thing that is for Khaba...heal.It can take damage,heal, and still be able to fight after that one knife fight...

[ALONE]
Players
1,291 posts
10,289 battles
6 hours ago, evp66 said:

Both ships are in test and everything can chance but some thinking about specs now.It looks like they are not getting superakizukis designet 36,7 knots speed(harugumo 35,7).Their agility is even worse than Akizukis.Six torps but very long reload time.Other specs look fine...exspecially harugumos health pool and guns.I hope they do someting to that agility...they are both gunboats and need it.

It seems WG "solves the problem" in their own style. They will just nerf the Akizuki, so good bye T6-T8 DD hunting. Worse concealment, worse rudder shift. RIP. :cap_old:

And if you want your old Akizuki back, go grind T10! 

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,185 posts
5,503 battles

most Akizuki sailors should have enough Exp on the ship to go straight forward to T9 , if not T10.

The Akizuki could not be made Elite status.

With some more than 500 fights on it i have over 1.000.000 Exp on it. short grind inwould say :cap_cool:

anyway, my plan was to keep the T8 (because you are somtimes as T8 hightier :cap_rambo:) and go straight to thevT10 , for that i have a second 19pt Capt ready.

Now.....i wll see.

[TS1]
Players
454 posts
7,145 battles
4 hours ago, Nechrom said:

The Kebab armour isn't quite that extensive, especially since the Kebab has bigger superstructure, but it's enough to make the difference.

I've only had one short duel with a Harugumo in my Kebab. Didn't last long before he smoked up and disengaged, but I did a lot more damage to him than he did to me, so if that's representative of Haru HE power, then eh, Kebab still rules.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

It seems WG "solves the problem" in their own style. They will just nerf the Akizuki, so good bye T6-T8 DD hunting. Worse concealment, worse rudder shift. RIP. :cap_old:

And if you want your old Akizuki back, go grind T10! 

*t9. I mean, assuming that Kitakaze keeps CURRENT Akizuki's stealth and maneuverability. In fact, if she does and gets the speed buff, she's going to really be worth it since they're giving her the speed they, let's say "forgot".

Although, in fact, with the speed buff she'd be an obvious improvement, well worth going up to t9, even if Akizuki stayed as she is now.

T10 is going to suck no matter what, however, for the same reason Akizuki is going to suck now: stealth. Akizuki never was a demon of fast turns - the rudder shift nerf is going to hurt but it doesn't fundamentally change what the ship is (and isn't) capable of. The deal breaker is the stealth nerf. Akizuki NEEDS the stealth she has. She's not the stealtiest but she's stealthy enough to forcibly engage against enemy DDs that lack strong supporting fire from behind. Akizuki can just rush them, spot before they turn around, and destroy or severely damage before they manage to abuse superior speed and nimbleness to escape. But her current stealth is BARELY good enough for that. The nerf isn't huge but it's going to break this gamestyle, taking away a very important (perhaps the most important) tactical option she has.

Harugumo has the same problem, only her stealth is outright abysmal, making her effectively a big, slow Khaba without Khaba's armor and with guns that aren't effective at I-can-dodge-shells ranges anyway. Problem is, Harugumo can't really be fixed. She has terrible concealment but she's also HUGE - so she probably shouldn't be as stealthy as predecessors. She's basically one of these ships that blur boundaries between classes - she's a cruiser-DD hybrid... problem is that this kind of hybrid is hellish to balance. A BB-like cruiser and cruiser-like BB can still do the job of their nominal class, more-or-less, and finding the middle ground between their strengths actually gives them a bit benefits and costs them a bit. With cruiser-like DD it's not the case. She gains a bit (the hp, the firepower) but a compromise on the main DD characteristic - stealth - eliminates her ability to perform the DD job.

PS:

On Akizuki's planned concealment nerf: if this is introduced to outweigh the buff to HE penetration, she just shouldn't be getting one. Instead of a special rule for 100mm guns' penetration, these ships should all get a special UPGRADE (in slot 1 or 5) that would have that effect. After all, we do already have special upgrades only to certain lines or even just a couple selected ships (like Aiming Systems Mod. 0)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this