Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Daily Missions in July - Your Feedback

23 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles

Captains,

Please let us know whether you liked our idea for the daily missions with changing rewards that we implemented for July.

You can find details here if you are not sure what I am referring to.

Do you like what we did? What would you change or add? We want to know!

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,488 posts
10,344 battles

I like the idea, but I hope this will not replace most of the other missions in the future as it did this month.

That would be a bit boring.

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Players
5,804 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, MrConway sagte:

Please let us know whether you liked our idea for the daily missions with changing rewards that we implemented for July.

I think those missions are a nice little addition. You don't lose much if you cannot do them, but over time you will get some welcomed stuff. And with the chaining to get coal and more signals it is (at least for me) even more motivating.

And I think the "level" of the missions is also fine and that you can those missions in every game mode

Gerade eben, ColonelPete sagte:

I like the idea, but I hope this will not replace most of the other missions in the future as it did this month.

I am still hoping that we will see some updates to the calender in the next days :Smile_hiding:

[BYOB]
Players
2,669 posts
9,762 battles

I don't like the idea. I'd rather have a focused mission chain where I can invest time for a concentrated reward.

The whole mission chain is very uninspiring and I really miss missions tied to real world battles of the past.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,388 posts
14,086 battles

If you mean the missions that commemorate real battles with very specific involved ships, I liked them, but the rewards as far as I can remember have always been +100% Commander XP, so hardly " changing rewards".

Are we getting more for the rest of the month? The info about them stops today, when no missions are on.

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles

The idea are ok, but I dont like the amount of Coal we can earn, even on dates when its x2 amount considering the prices in Arsenal store.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,865 posts

As supplementary content, the daily missions are pretty damn perfect in terms of idea, execution,... These are rather small tidbits to entice you to log in every day and play a little. Small gains if you do, but if you don't, nothing of huge value is lost, at most some flags, consumables and some coal. And they're open for Co-Op players, it's good to see they finally get some well deserved love as well. 

As main content however, it's WAY too weak. The July monthly calendar for the days that have been released (1/7-10/7) feels very feeble, barren and downright boring if it wasn't for the US Independence celebrations with the massive XP boost. The historical content with ships that participated in certain battles that happened in July 19xx is a very nice touch, but also can be categorized as "supplementary", since they offer nothing for players that don't own the ships in question (and often they're hidden behind a paywall if they are premiums). Sure, we were kind of spoiled with a free Indianapolis (thanks for that btw, I like mine!), Dunkirk Crates,... in June, but even when not using June as a reference, July is pretty bleak.

Suggestion: keep the "log in every day"-thing, and maybe rework it to a "log in X days/month" to allow all kinds of players to benefit from it (also those who can't log in every day, but do log in frequently), with small stuff being given out on the short-term for a piss-easy mission. Have a medium-sized reward (some extra containers? Or a CCT-container?) if players reach the goal of X missions/month. And use that as a sauce to plaster over the main events that are scheduled for that month. Basically a hybrid of the events/missions of Spring of 2018 with the small missions of July as a small extra. 

At least it's not "earn 2500 BXP and sink 5 ships in a T6+ ship" or "Sink 20 Russian ships, T8-10".

• Cool 11

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

only thing i dont like about daily challenge missions is that they cant be done in CB. CB are 4 days a week, they last 4 hours (normal clan will play them for 2-3 hours) and after that you need 6 wins to finish those missions. i have 60% WR so that means another 10 battles in random after 2-3 hours of CB. with average 12 minute game that is 2 additional hours of playing in randoms. so overall i need to play 4-5 hours a day to get the mission rewards on days when there is CB :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles

Free stuff is always nice, so not complaining, but... the first day I logged in and I had 10 or more combat missions I was like "wtf?"  Way too mich information and stuff going on.  I'm not stupid, I do have patience, but I don't always have a lot of time or the inclination to read through a ton of mission objectives to work out what I am supposed to do.  It just felt a bit like information overload...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles

Idea's nice, except for the past where it takes up A LOT of time.

As I already posted in the "General Feedback" thread:

Spoiler

While Daily missions are a rather nice idea, why can't they be completed in Clan Battles?

Just look at this:

• 1st and 2nd missions are "whatever" - it's really hard to fail those. Sometimes it will be a quick one, sometimes you'll get that 250 xp in a 2500 base xp game. But lets assume that both are pretty average - about 12 min game + a few min of queue and loading time. Lets say 15min per game. This is 30 min.
  • 3rd through 6th require a win. In randoms you can not guarantee it, so operations is your quickest possibility. Also in the Cherry Blossom it's hard to get below 1300 xp even if you die early on. Lets put the operation + loading time at 20 min, even if it could be slightly longer. That's 1h 20min

Add both of those together, and you are left with nearly 2 hours AT BEST to do the daily mission. Perfectly fine usually, BUT on days with CB (*khm* 4 of 7 days in a week *khm*) there's up to 4h of CB gameplay. Am I really expected to spend 6 hours (that's 1/4 of the whole day) for it?

In CB days going 2+ hours for missions + 4 hours of CB is just too much

• Boring 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts

I'm seconding the wish to complete them in Clan Battles too.

I don't understand why that's excluded. It's not some kind of easy mode where it's far too easy to farm the missions

[SEAL5]
Players
31 posts
2,350 battles

It will be nice to see, beside the daily reward and daily mission, easy to do and that don't commit you too much, a very hard chain mission that give you a super duper reward (like a monthly marathon)

To reward the frequent players and to push them play more (but let the task completable both in random and competitive (clan and ranked)

Easy task should be doable also in co-op

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles
19 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Idea's nice, except for the past where it takes up A LOT of time.

As I already posted in the "General Feedback" thread:

Reveal hidden contents

While Daily missions are a rather nice idea, why can't they be completed in Clan Battles?

Just look at this:

• 1st and 2nd missions are "whatever" - it's really hard to fail those. Sometimes it will be a quick one, sometimes you'll get that 250 xp in a 2500 base xp game. But lets assume that both are pretty average - about 12 min game + a few min of queue and loading time. Lets say 15min per game. This is 30 min.
  • 3rd through 6th require a win. In randoms you can not guarantee it, so operations is your quickest possibility. Also in the Cherry Blossom it's hard to get below 1300 xp even if you die early on. Lets put the operation + loading time at 20 min, even if it could be slightly longer. That's 1h 20min

Add both of those together, and you are left with nearly 2 hours AT BEST to do the daily mission. Perfectly fine usually, BUT on days with CB (*khm* 4 of 7 days in a week *khm*) there's up to 4h of CB gameplay. Am I really expected to spend 6 hours (that's 1/4 of the whole day) for it?

In CB days going 2+ hours for missions + 4 hours of CB is just too much

Why salty tears?

If you play clan battles and get couple of thousands of Steel, what is 1500ish Coal for you..

This Coal grind is reward more for players without clans.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Why salty tears?

If you play clan battles and get couple of thousands of Steel, what is 1500ish Coal for you..

This Coal grind is reward more for players without clans.

Except that you need all of that steel to get the Stalingrad, you don't get anything extra on top of that ship. Coal is completely separate

And it's not "1500ish" - in July we have 17 CB days, which is 7650 coal just from finishing those mission chains. On top of that 4 of the 6 "coal" days fall in days with CB, leading to additional 5400 coal.

So that's 13 050 coal, which is 59.18% of all the coal you can earn in those daily missions directly intersecting with CB

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,397 posts
21 hours ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

You can find details here if you are not sure what I am referring to.

Do you like what we did? What would you change or add? We want to know!

I like the idea quite a lot. There a few minor things I'd improve though.

Daily missions are more like a month long repeatable mission

Right now those two mission chains are essentially just one mission which is repeated six times. With the only real change being the necessary base XP gain. It would be nice if one of those chains had a different goal, equally simple, that is changing daily. That would be turning it into an actual daily mission instead of a "repeatable mission of the month" with changing rewards. Right now, when I think about completing those missions, I find myself in some kind of routine to process through. A rather boring way to play, I might add. To stop myself from doing that, I started to no longer care about them. They no longer provide an incentive for me to play more (not that I would be able to, but that's a different story).

Some variations for the current chain could look like these:

• Hit 2 / 4 / 6 times with torpedoes in a single battle
  • Deal 25,000 / 40,000 / 50,000 damage in a single battle
  • Earn 100,000 / 150,000 / 250,000 credits in a single battle
  • and so on ...

Coal rewards are improperly balanced in comparison to other rewards

I am not sure I am convinced about the concept of coal as a reward yet. As others have pointed out in feedback threads dedicated to the topic, there is a noticable imbalance in the value coal is supposed to have. I highly prefer signal flags or consumables over a few hundred units of coal, as they provide a far better value for the game. If I add the coal rewards for the whole month together, completing all daily missions, that's 22,050 coal (correct me if I'm wrong). Which is actually not that much if you want to turn that into signals (with consumables not even an option).

Depending on your choice, a single signal in the Arsenal is most often worth more then the offered 150, or even 300, coal. The average value for a single signal seems to hover around 400 coal. Which turns 150 and 300 coal into a laughable sum. If you want to make the reward comparable to the signal flags value, you'd need to increase the coal reward.

On the other hand, for a little less then the total coal reward of this months daily missions a low tier premium ship (T-III - Campbeltown) would also be available. With an increased reward even the Yubari would be achievable (which still isn't that much, as a tier IV ship) and I don't know how much that would be in the interest of Wargaming. Keeping players interested in the next level reward is a part of the game.

The topic of the coal value might be offtopic to the daily mission idea as such, but as it an essential part of the current version I had to mention it.

Tier Restrictions (just for the daily missions)

Remove them. Anyone who has reached an account level to be eligable for missions (level 12) should have access to the daily missions. No matter what ship that player is using.

• Cool 4

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Except that you need all of that steel to get the Stalingrad, you don't get anything extra on top of that ship. Coal is completely separate

And it's not "1500ish" - in July we have 17 CB days, which is 7650 coal just from finishing those mission chains. On top of that 4 of the 6 "coal" days fall in days with CB, leading to additional 5400 coal.

So that's 13 050 coal, which is 59.18% of all the coal you can earn in those daily missions directly intersecting with CB

Thats IF you play every day when Coal reward is double and finish both chain missions.

And it doesnt matter. You get Stalingrad and if you have flags for it from previous seasons.

You can convert Steel into Coal for 1:10... So those 13k Coal is 1300 Steel.

I dont bother with doing those daily chains for Coal because that amount I get from 4-5 daily containers anyway.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles
10 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

You get Stalingrad and if you have flags for it from previous seasons.

You get Stalingrad if you have BOTH flags from previous 2 seasons, get 30 wins in Typhoon in this season AND you haven't spent your ship discount coupon in Arsenal just yet.

Fail one of those and you're not getting her

I have both flags, I have the coupon. Just got to get my 30Typhoon wins now (and I'm pretty sure I will get them)

12 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

You can convert Steel into Coal for 1:10... So those 13k Coal is 1300 Steel.

Which means I lose 1.3k of valuable steel (bye bye Stalingrad) that I could use on something else. If those missions would be doable in CB I'd end up with 1300 steel AND 13k coal

To have 1.3k "spare" steel after this season on top of having both previous flags you'd need to get 30 wins in Typhoon + 15 wins in Hurricane, and it would be much better kept for other Steel ships rather than being converted into coal

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles
21 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You get Stalingrad if you have BOTH flags from previous 2 seasons, get 30 wins in Typhoon in this season AND you haven't spent your ship discount coupon in Arsenal just yet.

Fail one of those and you're not getting her

I have both flags, I have the coupon. Just got to get my 30Typhoon wins now (and I'm pretty sure I will get them)

Which means I lose 1.3k of valuable steel (bye bye Stalingrad) that I could use on something else. If those missions would be doable in CB I'd end up with 1300 steel AND 13k coal

To have 1.3k "spare" steel after this season on top of having both previous flags you'd need to get 30 wins in Typhoon + 15 wins in Hurricane, and it would be much better kept for other Steel ships rather than being converted into coal

:when you realize some people are not happy with what they get:

Yea, lets make it ALL easier for CB players...:Smile_smile:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,847 posts
20,666 battles

II hope both for variation and more missions I agree with MrFingers post above, that if these are the missions instead of anything else it is mediocre a clear negative turn - if they are supplementing other missions it is ok. 

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
639 posts
2,668 battles

It's alright, I guess. I'd like to see a bit more variety, but at the same time... well, no offense but WG have a history of designing really stupid mission objectives that just royally mess up the matchmaking and how people play. So maybe keeping it simple is better.

My main beef is that it requires winning battles (yes, I know, I can play operations or coop, but PvP is just more fun), because.... well, winning or losing is mostly a lottery. And those days where you have a serious loss streak just get really frustrating.

It's one thing for campaigns or short-term mission chains. Something that runs daily should ideally be possible to complete in at least a predictable amount of time (ok, I guess it is that if you play coop, but... meh, coop).

Beta Tester
1,347 posts
On 10/07/2018 at 4:46 PM, krazypenguin said:

Free stuff is always nice, so not complaining, but... the first day I logged in and I had 10 or more combat missions I was like "wtf?"  Way too mich information and stuff going on.  I'm not stupid, I do have patience, but I don't always have a lot of time or the inclination to read through a ton of mission objectives to work out what I am supposed to do.  It just felt a bit like information overload...

This is my problem too. I only made sense of it after I had completed some missions and saw how the progress worked. Part of the problem is the headings on the news page; they don't divide the page sufficiently to be able to discern which missions are related to each other, or they cause divisions between related missions.

The progression of 'Monthly Missions' is related to 'Challenge of the Day', but they come under separate large headings, implying their progress will not be linked. The 'Monthly Missions' description calls the unapparently related chain 'Daily Challenge' instead. Given WG's mission naming conventions in the past and how many missions run concurrently, a reader could be forgiven for thinking 'Challenge of the Day' and 'Daily Challenge' are separate things entirely (maybe one's for clan wars and the other for randoms, for example).

The news article page layout is not good for this. I'm fine with and even prefer list formats like is used, but proper segmenting of sections is really needed. As it stands there are 2-3 lines of spacing between each section, when really this should be 4-8. Those faint dividing lines aren't enough. The list of daily login rewards shouldn't have the line spacing it does; even on my monitor which is taller than the standard 1920x1080, I don't get the entire list on screen at once. Ideally each mission should fill the screen by itself, then the next should take up the next screen's worth of space, etc..

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles

Thanks for the feedback everyone!