Jump to content

171 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles

So according to Notsers new video, the latest version of the Stalingrad seems to be the final one.

 

Instead of a truly interesting and unique ship to reward the effort of veteran players, we now just get   a n o t h e r   K r o n s h t a d t   with HE shells and bad dispersion.

 

To me that is very disappointing - all that effort for a boring ship.

 

They did not have to take away the ricochet angles AND the dispersion, just to add some lame HE in my opinion.

 

The saddest thing is, that because of the HE it can and will actually be used in CW now, which will get us the next crap-storm. 

 

They should have just nerfed the dispersion and kept it AP-only with the better ricochet angles. 

 

 

Here is the (final) change btw:

Quote

ST. Balance changes. The Stalingrad cruiser.

Added HE shells with the following characteristics:

Initial Shell Velocity 950 m / s; Maximum HE Shell Damage 4500; Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell 33%.

Firing Range is reduced from 22,890 to 20,350. Reload Time of Main Battery is increased from 18.5 to 20 seconds. Rotation Speed of Main Battery is increased from 4.5 to 5.0 deg. / sec.

The parameters of the dispersion ellipse are set to similar values of the Graf Spee cruiser (better than battleships, but worse than common cruisers). The parameters of ricochet angles of the AP shells are changed to the standard values.

In this form, the cruiser will become more versatile, while retaining the possibility of an effective game while using armor-piercing shells. However, shooting armor-piercing now becomes more demanding to the player's ability to choose the right moment for the volley.

 

Also:

 

meeting.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

Previous version was way too powerful. The adjustments for the final version look reasonable to me.

 

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

It is a slightly better Kron thanks to it's access to HE shells, I argue that this version is exactly what it should be. If Kron and Stalingrad were silver tech tree ships, this is exactly the kind of progression they would (should) get. If you wanted another Black aka bronkbote that is "balanced" by it's exclusivity to already stellar players, I am glad that you didn't get what you wanted. No offense.

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,548 posts
10,358 battles

We do not need another ship with magic shells and lack of choice.

With AP & HE you have to choose what to use and you cannot be neutralized just by angling.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles

That exaggerated Flamu video does not mean they had to completely destroy the ship.

 

Nerfing ricochet angles OR dispersion would have been enough.

 

Also adding HE is quite silly, because it will be used in CW then, and people will cry even more...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
688 posts
17,369 battles

So its less accurate Moskva now? Haven't followed its stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
1,615 posts
15,173 battles

hmm...it seems that I will buy Flint soon instead of waiting for Stalin since I have Kronstad already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles

It's a significantly better Kronshtadt (except for concealment) at tier 10. I don't see why people are complaining.

Giving a ship only AP or only HE is not a good kind of unique. The better penetration angles were a result of that "only AP" decision, so both had to go at the same time.

 

28 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

with HE shells and bad dispersion.

You mean really good dispersion, as opposed to hilariously broken in the previous version.

 

Those who wanted the previous Stalingrad version implicitly also would have been fine with pre-nerf Giulio Cesare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles
40 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

So according to Notsers new video, the latest version of the Stalingrad seems to be the final one.

 

Instead of a truly interesting and unique ship to reward the effort of veteran players, we now just get   a n o t h e r   K r o n s h t a d t   with HE shells and bad dispersion.

 

To me that is very disappointing - all that effort for a boring ship.

 

They did not have to take away the ricochet angles AND the dispersion, just to add some lame HE in my opinion.

 

Here is the (final) change btw:

 

salem.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles
5 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Those who wanted the previous Stalingrad version implicitly also would have been fine with pre-nerf Giulio Cesare.

 

Only that GC was at low-tier-broadside-valley and Stalingrad will be at TX.

 

Why is it so bad that we want a ship that is actually able to punish mistakes at TX and is not a freakin BB ???

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,558 posts
9,082 battles
8 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Why is it so bad that we want a ship that is actually able to punish mistakes at TX and is not a freakin BB ???

 

Because it was a BB in all but name, but with a cruiser's accuracy and taking up a cruiser slot in MM, giving a huge middle finger to the enemy team ?

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
139 posts
12,486 battles

Kronstahdt is not boring. [co]

But the cost for a Moskva with a differant gun module upgrade look like absurd now. (Compare to Salem you can have for coal. :/)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles
14 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

 

Only that GC was at low-tier-broadside-valley and Stalingrad will be at TX.

 

Why is it so bad that we want a ship that is actually able to punish mistakes at TX and is not a freakin BB ???

Because we want ships to be balanced?

Don't get me wrong, I want ships to be able to punish mistakes. But I don't want only a single ship to be able to do that, and a heavily gated one at that.

I don't know what I can say if you look at the Stalingrad and don't see a problem.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i kinda miss tradition of OP high tiered ships... :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,651 posts
14,703 battles

i dislike this version alot not cause its not OP but because its THE most booring and uninteresting version of alle of the test variants.

 

its could have been uninque, chalenging and rewarding without beeing OP with the right adjustments.... but WG just wasnt  brave enough to ignore all the whining players that missed their precious HE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles
18 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Because we want ships to be balanced?

Don't get me wrong, I want ships to be able to punish mistakes. But I don't want only a single ship to be able to do that, and a heavily gated one at that.

I don't know what I can say if you look at the Stalingrad and don't see a problem.

 

It had AP-only and was spotted from the moon.

 

Angeling against that is probably too much to ask for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles
Just now, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It had AP-only and was spotted from the moon.

 

Angeling against that is probably too much to ask for...

Doesn't matter though.

Kronshtadt has practically only AP (since the HE is garbage) and it manages, with actual bad BB dispersion I might add.

 

 

"Just angle" isn't a valid response unless the game suddenly became 1 v 1 duel battles. If a ship has BB guns with cruiser accuracy, amazing shell velocity and USN CA penetration angles it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's not going to be balanced. Never mind that the ship with those guns is also more tanky from the front and back than any BB in the game.

 

I'm cool with them pulling the concealment down to Kronshtadt levels, but at no point does bad concealment validate stupidly OP guns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles
17 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

If a ship has BB guns with cruiser accuracy, amazing shell velocity and USN CA penetration angles it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's not going to be balanced.

 

As I said, they didn't have to take it ALL away and go for the boring HE solution instead.

 

Quote

Never mind that the ship with those guns is also more tanky from the front and back than any BB in the game.

 

What are you on?

It had 25mm bow and stern without that newest Moskva buff (and even current Moskva is still not even close to frontal BB tankiness).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,140 battles

Kronshtadt can already use AP to punish broadsides better than at least half the BBs at T9/10. If Stalingrad has better dispersion than Kronshtadt, even if not to the ridiculous cruiser levels, with that muzzle velocity it's going to be a killer.

 

So the ship is a bit more "standard". So what? It's still a pretty unique huge cruiser with semi-BB guns and it looks great. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get one, but I would not be unhappy with her in this form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles
3 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

As I said, they didn't have to take it ALL away and go for the boring HE solution instead.

They didn't. They took away the USN CA angles and half the accuracy. Didn't touch the velocity or any other shell parameters.

 

Boring HE...

Can't play 95% of the ships in the game then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles
1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

Boring HE...

Can't play 95% of the ships in the game then.

 

That is why I wanted something that is actually different, but you don't seem to get that.

 

Also you should play the Moskva or Kronshtadt yourself before you talk about balance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles

To be perfectly honest this is one nerf that was completely and totally justified, as anyone who has actually watched her played should realize

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,041 posts
8,167 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

To be perfectly honest this is one nerf that was completely and totally justified, as anyone who has actually watched her played should realize

 

It is not about nerfing it, it is about changing its style from something unique into a TX Kronshtadt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×