You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Affeks

Buff/reduce Republiques current superstructure

38 comments in this topic

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

Currently part of Republiques deck is counted as part of the superstructure for no apparent reason:

unknown.png?width=885&height=473

As you can see this makes the Republique eat way more AP pens from other BBs. 

Its even worse when you take a look at the other french BBs and notice that Republique is the only ship treated this way.

unknown.png?width=942&height=474

This is Gascogne, and as one can see is that the same deck is counted as upper plating.

unknown.png

Even Lyon and the other Dreadnoughts are treated this way.

unknown.png

Even Dunkek feels bad for Republique

I think Republiques superstructure needs to be reduced as it just adds an unnecessary weakness to the ship. Its already weak enough to HE that having BB AP when angled be a weakness as well is just nonsensical.

• Cool 8

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles

i dont have this ship....everybody "spits" on him and how it is bad....i look at stats....second highest dmg after "balanced HE spamer from UK".....confused 

• Funny 1

Players
2,188 posts
7,110 battles

Yeah, eating 20k AP salvos at every angle imaginable is pretty annoying. Would like the change :cap_like:

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles
10 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

i dont have this ship....everybody "spits" on him and how it is bad....i look at stats....second highest dmg after "balanced HE spamer from UK".....confused 

High damage =!  OP

Henri is my highest damage cruiser at tier 10, but it also has by far the lowest WR.

its not rocket science as to why that is.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
1 minute ago, Affeks said:

High damage =!  OP

Henri is my highest damage cruiser at tier 10, but it also has by far the lowest WR.

its not rocket science as to why that is.

as i sad i dont have this or any BBs from France line, so i have no idea if he is OP, UP or anything. Only i hear very bad stuff about this ship (size + armor). And his stats are not that bad at all. it is second Bbs in dmg and WR

Izrezak.PNG

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

While opinions on her are mixed, the rest of her armor is just so trollish that I don't believe she needs buffs to her survivability. And if you meet a guy that can actually play her she is just flat out nasty and will blap pretty much anything due to her amazing penetration. I would argue against a buff,  albeit she is one of the more difficult ships to play.

Sailing Hamster
2,336 posts
9,243 battles
26 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Stats aren't anything to gy boy at this point, the ship is still to young for the stats to have normalized when compared to the rest of the T10 BB's. That is even in some way true for Conqerour.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
8 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Stats aren't anything to gy boy at this point, the ship is still to young for the stats to have normalized when compared to the rest of the T10 BB's. That is even in some way true for Conqerour.

300.000 battles...it is not vey small sample.

but still it is kinda confusing

Peoples - bad ship

Stats - not bad

i am tempted to grind that line, but till now i was avoiding it (same as FR cruisers that are totally uninterested to me) because of bad reviews from t10.....but it is interesting ship (8 fastfireing large calibre guns) with long secondaries and top speed) and stats are not that bad.

that why i am interested in this topic

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,221 posts
7,027 battles

that thing is great as it is

but if WG decides to improve it, i am all for it

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles
12 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

300.000 battles...it is not vey small sample.

but still it is kinda confusing

Peoples - bad ship

Stats - not bad

i am tempted to grind that line, but till now i was avoiding it (same as FR cruisers that are totally uninterested to me) because of bad reviews from t10.....but it is interesting ship (8 fastfireing large calibre guns) with long secondaries and top speed) and stats are not that bad.

that why i am interested in this topic

Well the ship is not bad, far from it. It has some of the most comfortable BB guns I have used, it is fast and packs enough base stats in its secondaries and AA so they still help even when you don't spec for it.

It is pretty soft though. It can tank a suprising amount of damage but any form of mistake results in a ton of AP or HE pens and huge damage. And the superstructure fault shown in this thread means you can't fully angle against people that aim higher.

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

As much as this is a buff, its also a matter of consistency across the tech tree.

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,514 battles
52 minutes ago, Affeks said:

it just adds an unnecessary weakness to the ship. Its already weak enough to HE that having BB AP when angled be a weakness as well is just nonsensical.

What is nonsensical ?

To have weakness ?

But hey you maybe right you know, let's buff their resistance against HE, we will rise his citadel, because Yamato fell lonely to be the only one BB to be "easy citadel", agree ?

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles
1 minute ago, Lebedjev said:

What is nonsensical ?

To have weakness ?

But hey you maybe right you know, let's buff their resistance against HE, we will rise his citadel, because Yamato fell lonely to be the only one BB to be "easy citadel", agree ?

Being overly punishable when angling is not a well designed weakness, therefore I called it nonsensical.

Yamato is an example of weakness designed right, show broadside and you take citadels as well as even more HE damage due to weak 32mm side plating.

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles
2 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

What is nonsensical ?

To have weakness ?

The Republique already eats more HE damage than any other tier 10 BB, it has a huge flat broadside, it can get citadelled from long and close range and it is the tallest BB in the game. Getting a slight superstructure buff to stop massive pens from the front is not really dumbing it down.

[RAIN]
Players
91 posts
8,939 battles

Oh no the République has a little bit of deck that counts as superstructure, the HORROR! Ship is totally unplayable...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,514 battles

Republic eat more HE damage than other 10 BB... Yes and ?

This ship have pro and con, if you want make him stronger against HE, what will you choose to lose ?

(except decrease effectiveness against cv =.=)

[RAIN]
Players
91 posts
8,939 battles
3 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

it has a huge flat broadside, it can get citadelled from long and close range and it is the tallest BB in the game.

Huge flat broaside? Every T10 BB has this..

Citadelling the Conqueror is easier in my opinion and yeah in addition to the already baguettish looking ship it also has one place on the crap as the superstructure :cap_hmm:

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles
4 minutes ago, TBNRtom said:

Oh no the République has a little bit of deck that counts as superstructure, the HORROR! Ship is totally unplayable...

Very nice post mister, nice thing you are able to put words in my mouth. 

If you actually looked at my post this is more about tech tree consistency and removing a weakness that punishes good play more than anything.

Go to a whine thread and post this kind of stuff there instead.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

4 minutes ago, TBNRtom said:

Huge flat broaside? Every T10 BB has this..

Citadelling the Conqueror is easier in my opinion and yeah in addition to the already baguettish looking ship it also has one place on the crap as the superstructure :cap_hmm:

The Republique is overall a fatter target from the side than the other tier 10 though, and since it is clad in 32 mm armor everywhere any AP happily dig into the broadside

Spoiler

Xc5SQHs.png?1

I do think the Republiqe is fine overall, but I would not mind getting that tiny "shottrap" on the superstructure sorted out if you will.

• Cool 1

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles
9 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Republic eat more HE damage than other 10 BB... Yes and ?

This ship have pro and con, if you want make him stronger against HE, what will you choose to lose ?

(except decrease effectiveness against cv =.=)

Read the post, the biggest issue here is that big superstructure eats BB pens since BBs overmatch the 19mm superstructure plating.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Republique's survivability absolutely bottom of the barrel for t10 BBs. She 32mm omni-plating, and THIS MUCH superstructure, and people actually think that Conqueror's super heal is justified because it is "too squishy".

She performs well exclusively because of her guns. Giving her more 32mm deck instead of this extra 16mm [edited] would do nothing but reward good play via angling, and good play NEEDS to be encouraged. I argue it wouldn't even really increase her survivability overmuch because hey, it is still 32mm, but at least you may notice a difference if you decide to angle vs ap or not.

[RAIN]
Players
91 posts
8,939 battles
8 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Very nice post mister, nice thing you are able to put words in my mouth. 

If you actually looked at my post this is more about tech tree consistency and removing a weakness that punishes good play more than anything.

Go to a whine thread and post this kind of stuff there instead.

And what is your suggested buff going to change? The superstructure is 19mm so reducing the area covered by the superstructure is only going to help to reduce HE pens from 120mm guns and lower and 32mm (entire deck if I am riht) is still penetrated by every cruiser with 203mm guns.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
Just now, TBNRtom said:

And what is your suggested buff going to change? The superstructure is 19mm so reducing the area covered by the superstructure is only going to help to reduce HE pens from 120mm guns and lower and 25mm (entire deck if I am riht) is still penetrated by every cruiser with 203mm guns.

If it is so inconsequential, why are you so vehemently opposed to it? Stop being contrarian for the sheer sake of it. Observe the facts.

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,514 battles
4 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Read the post, the biggest issue here is that big superstructure eats BB pens since BBs overmatch the 19mm superstructure plating.

I don't see the issue, you can't have all the tool in a single ship, you need weakness and his "low" survivability is one them. 

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles
3 minutes ago, TBNRtom said:

And what is your suggested buff going to change? The superstructure is 19mm so reducing the area covered by the superstructure is only going to help to reduce HE pens from 120mm guns and lower and 25mm (entire deck if I am riht) is still penetrated by every cruiser with 203mm guns.

AFAIK it is not about HE, that I don't care much about and accept as a weakness. It is about getting that strip into 32 mm of armor so you don't get a 10k BB volley 90% of the time people fire into your superstructure despite your angling.