Sign in to follow this  
Gnirf

Seattle captain skills last 5 pts

4 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,799 battles

Well I am currently grinding the Seattle, I use PT, LD (yes I hate being out of engine, rudder), DE, IFHE, CE.

Now I have 16 pts + I am keeping the ship - in fact I am starting to like it despite ups and downs, I have the range module and when the bug gets fixed it will be around 18 km.

I have another 14 p in store for the Worcester.

So I am toying with the last 5 pts, I see 2 options AFT the aura of over 8 km with 90 dps is long, combined with PM. But I am also toying with BFT/SI to get extra radar (heals I seldom use all, get very seldom sunk because of no heal, ) but a radar more might be welcome, or BFT to get that 20% damage increase on AA when the CV is foolish enough to attack. But then I can combine it with AR, for that reload buff. 

Most other cruisers I take AFT on without reflecting much, but the light cruisers are somewhat different as IFHE and DE seems necessary in combination. 

Any input?

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

I would take SI + AR, because I usually play in a much more daage-trady way, but then again, it's not my ship. 

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,154 battles
On 7/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, piritskenyer said:

I would take SI + AR, because I usually play in a much more daage-trady way, but then again, it's not my ship. 

Ha ha, to be honest I would have taken AR and SI as part of my first 10 points and got DE and LS or whatever else as the last 5, not the other way around. I haven't played this specific ship but I've played enough US cruisers generally and planned my own builds for this line.

Nothing to be ashamed of taking LS. Some cruisers need it. My Zao has it for example and it saved me in Clan Battles more than a few times!

It seems you're leaning towards AA. I can't advise on that as basically I don't "do" AA builds, I just don't find them worth it with the small number of CVs around.

But I would not skip AR for anything on a ship like this.

So yeah AR/SI is a good mix for 5. For a cruiser with that many handy consumables, I would seriously consider JoaT as well (I run it on DM). If you want you can go AR/JoaT and spend the last point on PM.

Sign in to follow this