You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

American collection duplicates

20 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,374 posts
5,380 battles

Well, at this point I have slightly more, a tad more than half collection made. 26/48

But I noticed that for trading the duplicates, the exchange it's getting more expensive.

Others collections were 3 duplicates for 1 then it was 4 duplicates for 1, now it's 5 for 1.

Why?

In the other day I found a topic of a guy asking for the opportunity to complete the WG's 2 nd birthday  collection (I don't have it all, either, in fact it's the only one so far incomplete).

But I can't complain much, because when I arrived to this game the Hunt for Bismark collection had just ended or had ended before I had a ship to do it and now i have that collection complete, thanks to WG.

I value collections, apart from the nice rewards, it's a way to recycle historical knowledge and learn more about history.

Let's take Hunt for Bismark collection as an example.

I didn't know that many ships were assigned to pursuit the Mighty Bismark, (only the main ones and swordfishes) with that collection complete I can research every one of them and perhaps finding other interesting stories about them.

I Know that collections are viewed as a lesser thing, overall, by (apparently) the majority of the community.  

Just before I made this topic I took a look around  the forum, and today's main subject it's radars and if it's not radars it's something else.

But this collection will be around until every one who wants to complete it, right?

tldr

I noticed that for trading the duplicates, the exchange it's getting more expensive.

Others collections were 3 duplicates for 1 then it was 4 duplicates for 1, now it's 5 for 1.

Why?

thank you.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,571 posts
6,638 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Well, at this point I have slightly more, a tad more than half collection made. 26/48

But I noticed that for trading the duplicates, the exchange it's getting more expensive.

Why?

So you will buy containers.  Is it so hard for you to understand that this game exists so that WG can make money?

• Cool 1

Players
1,706 posts
9,658 battles
20 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

So you will buy containers.  Is it so hard for you to understand that this game exists so that WG can make money?

To be fair you don't have to buy any containers (even though I did got myself 5 :Smile_teethhappy:). I just kept on playing and getting the daily containers along with all the duplicates. Left with 4 more items to collect before completing the collection.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Butterdoll sagte:

I noticed that for trading the duplicates, the exchange it's getting more expensive.

As BeauNidl3 has already answered, this is not true. I guess it depends on how many items are in the collection, how long it runs and how (easy) you can get items...

and already the second collection, Dunkirk, had a 5 to 1 rate

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,489 posts
10,344 battles

Just do not use conversion until you can finish the collection.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,847 posts
20,666 battles

OP, if you play normally you will complete the collection, as a decent number of the daily containers have it. 

I have not bought any containers (1 free bonus code). I have already enough duplicates to convert (but it is not a sport), will wait until 4-5 left.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
4 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

(...)

tldr

Why?

At the beginning, they were trying out the Collections. Then they decided that 3:1 exchange rate was too fast. Also, these early 3:1 collections were limited-time Collections where you were gathering containers from time-limited and/or quantity-limited missions (unless you were willing to pay) and WG didn't want poor luck to stop f2p players from completing the collection (imagine the backlash if 50% people couldn't finish a collection without buying their way through!)

Currently the standard seems to be 5:1. And frankly, this doesn't seem unbearable when you have pretty much forever to finish the collection and the items fall out of daily containers - so it's not possible for the source of items/duplicates to dry up as it was when containers could only be obtained (for free) as rewards for campaign tasks (setting a hard limit on free collection items).

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
672 posts
7,169 battles

Isnt the Isoroku Yamamoto also 5:1?

[BOATY]
Players
406 posts
7,430 battles
59 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

Isnt the Isoroku Yamamoto also 5:1?

It is. 

P. S. My issue with duplicates is that I keep geting them from Indianapolis marathon containers even if I have completed the collection and set it to "Do not collect". 

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,571 posts
6,638 battles
5 hours ago, pra3y said:

To be fair you don't have to buy any containers (even though I did got myself 5 :Smile_teethhappy:). I just kept on playing and getting the daily containers along with all the duplicates. Left with 4 more items to collect before completing the collection.

Well we'll see if you can get enough before the event ends.  Good luck.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,805 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, Episparh sagte:

P. S. My issue with duplicates is that I keep geting them from Indianapolis marathon containers even if I have completed the collection

you should get 15k Credits for each

Zitat

and set it to "Do not collect". 

of course this option only works for "random" items while the items in the US containers are "set" content... 

Players
1,706 posts
9,658 battles
7 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Image result for anime flag trigger meme

Hahahaha I'll just sacrifice RNGesus to get the 4 remaining items........oh wait :Smile_trollface:

[KAKE]
Players
639 posts
2,673 battles

It depends on the collection, if it's an event or permanent collection.

IIRC, the Battle of the North Cape collection only required three duplicates to buy one item, but that was a short event with limited opportunity to collect the items.

The HSF collection which is, if not permanent at least very long running requires five. The American Cruiser collection is permanent, and requires five. I assume the same is true of the Yamamoto collection.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,292 posts
13,551 battles
8 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

tldr

Why?

thank you.

Weel, you know. Rampant inflation, trade war, general impeding Doom, climate change, drought and all those poor kids stuck in a cave - This all combined with the knock-on effects of Brexit, Trump, pickled herrings and the price of corn. And of course the poor, poor, impoverished shareholders of WG starving out in the cold, begging for alms at the street corners for a bowl of soup. How could we say no? WE HAD TO DO SOMETHING!!! And this is it. :cap_old:

beggar.jpg.a2ab56ce4234d9341bbdd3b68810be96.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,842 posts
8,033 battles

Hi all,

Right now I have 31/48 with 30 duplicates (i.e. 6 possible for "exchange" )...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
727 posts
11,444 battles

IIRC, I'm at 39 items and 20-something duplicates. In a worst case scenario (all duplicates from now on) but keeping my current gameplay rate, with the remaining Indianapolis containers and considering that about one third of the normal ones also have one, I should probably complete the collection by early August.

3 hours ago, Klopirat said:

you should get 15k Credits for each

Which is the reason why I haven't bothered to set the "don't collect". Even if it's a small amount, those extra credits from duplicate patches and collection items come in handy.

7 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Just do not use conversion until you can finish the collection.

Basically this, unless you really wish to have your second flag or custom colour for a certain kind of ship. The only one of the American sub-collections I have completed thus far is the colour scheme one for DDs and I don't have any. Not bothered about it though, I'll get the CV-related ones in due time.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
15 hours ago, Episparh said:

It is. 

P. S. My issue with duplicates is that I keep geting them from Indianapolis marathon containers even if I have completed the collection and set it to "Do not collect". 

The "collect" and "do not collect" thingies refer to what falls out of daily containers. Also, once the collection is finished, every duplicate that you then acquire is immediately converted to a bunch of credits, so it's just a tiny bit of extra income, why would you have an issue with having it? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
1,706 posts
9,658 battles
On 7/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, Hedgehog1963 said:

Hiya again ;)

Spoiler

shot-18_07.18_23_22.24-0985.thumb.jpg.0e106f3bd6423511415ddee28c142d7f.jpg

shot-18_07.18_23_30.06-0546.thumb.jpg.28129a1613009c805cbe7affed35761d.jpg

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

I'm at 38/48 and sitting on 38 duplicates so technically 45/48 if I convert today. But I missed almost a dozen containers I could have got from missions due to being on holiday. So if I was here the whole time I would have completed the collection easily without spending anything.

Also, I'm still getting items from daily normal containers, so with a bit of luck I could complete it anyway in a few weeks (no rush).

So yeah, it looked like a lot but honestly not that hard for a regular.