Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Poi__

A "potential damage" related bug

8 comments in this topic

[POI--]
[POI--]
Players
258 posts
6,718 battles

Not sure if this is the right place to put this; really sorry if it is not as i can't find anywhere else i could. So if it is just close this.

This has probably been reported before but to put it simply: Potential damage will continue to accumulate following a ship's sinking.

Example: I sail out in my z-46 and meet my end with 546,000 potential damage taken.

Following my death; a fight ensues in the area which i was sunk and the enemy shells and torpedoes that pass through my area of death cause my potential damage to skyrocket to over 1,100,000.

At first I thought this might simply be an in-battle visual bug; but this will be the same result shown in the end screen and repeated battles show the same results.

This is not a major gameplay issue, but is a noticeable bug which skews results quite a bit.

[POI--]
Players
3,194 posts
4,348 battles
8 minutes ago, __Poi__ said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put this; really sorry if it is not as i can't find anywhere else i could. So if it is just close this.

This has probably been reported before but to put it simply: Potential damage will continue to accumulate following a ship's sinking.

Example: I sail out in my z-46 and meet my end with 546,000 potential damage taken.

Following my death; a fight ensues in the area which i was sunk and the enemy shells and torpedoes that pass through my area of death cause my potential damage to skyrocket to over 1,100,000.

At first I thought this might simply be an in-battle visual bug; but this will be the same result shown in the end screen and repeated battles show the same results.

This is not a major gameplay issue, but is a noticeable bug which skews results quite a bit.

During or after the sinking animation?

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,257 posts
3,752 battles
40 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

After, was sunk in my cruiser and my teammate drived where i was sunk.

Shots that failed him increased my potentional damage.

• Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
649 posts
2,712 battles

I did notice that my potential damage counter was going up during the sinking animation in a game in the Amagi the other day, and found it even more amusing when my sinking hulk even got a spotting ribbon. Gotta respect those Japanese radio operators.

But can't say I've noticed anything happening after the sinking animation has completed.

Players
730 posts
11,514 battles

Yes, it happens even after the ship is underwater. I suspect there's a radius around your ship, certainly smaller than the assured acquisition (potential damage stopped accumulating in one battle when the closest friendly ship to my wreck was nearly 2km away and getting further), that stays active even after your sinking, hence the extra potential damage if any shell hits the water within it. Still can't say for how long, though, combat tends to move elsewhere pretty fast.

Salute.

[POI--]
[POI--]
Players
258 posts
6,718 battles
4 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Yes, it happens even after the ship is underwater. I suspect there's a radius around your ship, certainly smaller than the assured acquisition (potential damage stopped accumulating in one battle when the closest friendly ship to my wreck was nearly 2km away and getting further), that stays active even after your sinking, hence the extra potential damage if any shell hits the water within it. Still can't say for how long, though, combat tends to move elsewhere pretty fast.

Salute.

6 hours ago, Riselotte said:

It happens during and after the sinking animation; i have seen this occur for any length of time after sinking. I stayed until the end of the game (i died 8 minutes in it lasted until only 3 minutes remaining in the previously mentioned example. So i presume this idea of an area around the ship's location (before sinking) to be a likely idea.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,126 posts
2,202 battles
On 7/8/2018 at 2:53 PM, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Salute.

I believe its anything landing in a 700m radius around your ship counts as potential damage, We had a mission a while ago to get so much potential damage and the criteria listed that radius as the criteria for potential.

I would hope that the potential damage calc also took that it was your ship targeted into account.  

Sign in to follow this