Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

F3 torps + Torp Acc?

12 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
2,781 posts
11,530 battles

I really like to do it in yugu, but it seems so stupid at the same time... Has anyone tried it?

[CATS]
Players
13,584 posts
10,382 battles

Never.

8km torpedos were already hard over a year ago. Going 6.4km limits your targets too much.

[UNICS]
Players
2,781 posts
11,530 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Never.

8km torpedos were already hard over a year ago. Going 6.4km limits your targets too much.

So I'd have the fastest torps on the planet, what you're saying?!

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

I can see how they could be equally hilarious as hell handled well and absolutely uselessely stupid when mishandled. 

Try it and tell us what yu got :D (81kts torps tho)

[UNICS]
Players
2,781 posts
11,530 battles
7 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

I can see how they could be equally hilarious as hell handled well and absolutely uselessely stupid when mishandled. 

Try it and tell us what yu got :D (81kts torps tho)

:Smile_honoring: Someone has to do it. I'll report in later.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,946 battles
30 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I really like to do it in yugu, but it seems so stupid at the same time... Has anyone tried it?

I tried it about a year ago (even with TRB).

It's hilarious to have these 81kts torpedoes, but they require a lot more risky gameplay; the more DDs there are, the more difficult it was.

Also, iirc, there was a lot less radar presence then, so you could actually close in if there were no / few radar ships.

Now there are too many radar & hydro ships for this set-up to be viable imo.

It's fun if it works, but that'll probably be 1 game out of 10 where RNGesus gives you 1-2 DDs & radar ships per team and no CV ofcourse.

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts
40 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

If you can make it work for you, nice one :cap_rambo:

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

if you think 1/20 games that you will have lolz is worth it... go for it... although with shima concealment buff it may work, but radar/hydro/planes... make that 1/30 games...

Alpha Tester
1,743 posts
4,631 battles

It might work on the Yūgumo considering that she has the firepower to be useful in other aspects, but you'll be mostly limiting yourself to using torpedoes from smoke or launching them at approaching targets. Even then, with the amount of radars at the moment (or in general for that matter), you'll be quite vulnerable.

On the other hand, it will be nasty against destroyers which are capturing and/or contesting capture points :fish_haloween:.

[UNICS]
Players
2,781 posts
11,530 battles

104K damage first game. Top scorer but a loss. 2K damage the next game and at the bottom. 3rd game - died early but managed 2 torp hits. Not sure how this battle will end, but I think the experiment is over. Too much of suicidal torps and not even that in the wrong conditions. I'll have to upgrade to the 12Km torps to not be a detriment to the team.

[CATS]
Players
13,584 posts
10,382 battles

I have seen a couple of players with these torps. Launching the torps, looking like a dev-strike and watching the torps run out a couple of meters before the target...

[IRQ]
Players
2,680 posts
6,353 battles

They're fun. Very effective in the right circumstances, but at the same time depends a lot on those circumstances. You have to be very good at skirting the detection edge, and very good at reading your targets, since you'll never hit something running away from you. Hit fast, hit hard, and run away. They're also the most effective torpedoes against sonar. If you know you can regularly get close to your targets without dying, it might be the best choice for you.

Sign in to follow this