Des Memes Captain build suggestions

6 comments in this topic

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles

Howdy sailors! 

I just recently unlocked the DM and I need some suggestions regarding speccing the captain. 

I tried youtube and shipcomrade. But most of those are "outdated" . I can only imagine her role might have slightly changed with the light cruiser split. Or not, idk. I need help! :D  

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles

Flamu is using this

PT AR DE CE PM SI AFT EL

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles

DM itself hasn't changed for a long time, the existance of new ships doesn't magically "outdate" the builds just because they are a bit older.

I think Flamu's build is pretty solid. Depending on how much you care about AA, you might not need AFT so that's 4 points to spend on something else. JoaT is very nice to shorten radar CD (I'm using this for CW). I know most people don't use EM but the turrets are quite slow, so I like that too. My final build will be:

PT EM SI CE DE AR JoaT PM EL

• Cool 1

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

I would def recommend this. If you play clan battles you will want to switch AFT for Radio Location. If you cant play without Priority Target then take it instead of Expert Loader.

PM is def a must since DM turrets gets knocked out a lot especially in close range duels with other CAs. 

I personally think PT is a waste, but thats a discussion for a different time.

DE is not really needed as much of your DPM is going to come from AP and if you get half a minute to shoot at somone they will most likely have 3-4 fires because of DMs rof.

• Cool 2

[SOCKS]
Players
700 posts
5,290 battles

PT-AR-SI-CE

Then EL (AP/HE change in 2.5 seconds is nuts and allows you to fire the proper ammo almost all the time), AFT (extra AAA range),  DE, PM.

Personally I find PT a great tool. Not each time you're seen you're being fired at, and it gives you a great tool to know when you can keep on machinegunning like mad, and when you should go silent and reposition.

DE is very useful. The faster you set a fire and force a repair to set fire again, the sooner you can move on to other targets to do it again. I personally don't find EM useful at all (your aft turret will be an afterthought most of the time you'd need to change angles anyway because you don't want to show broadside) and JoAT just shaves off 6 seconds off Radar, 4 of heal. Neither are a huge deal for me but I guess it's a matter of tastes.