Sign in to follow this  
lukathenotorious

10 point american comander

11 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,061 battles

Hi.I got 10 point american comander.I dont know where to assign him,i got premium ariozona,dd is on 4 tier and cruiser on 5th tier.

Also,im new in this game ~400 games and battleships are not my favorite ships.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles

Just put him where you think he'll do the most good.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
456 posts
5,682 battles

Well, I find the USN BB quite fun to play though.

But as u move along your DD and CA/CL grind u will meet a ship u want to keep.

Always nice to have a 10 pointer then.

I got lots of iddle captains laying about, nice to have when I purchase new/old toys.

[AS13]
Players
1,204 posts
1,575 battles

If BBs are not your favourite, then put him on your favourite... 

I have the Arizona too, but it came with a 10 point captain. 

I like the BBs though, I also have the New Mexico and regularly I run the New York.

New mex has a 12 point cappy, NY an 11 pointer. 

I do have an Omaha and a Clemson... I like cruisers, but I'm not that good at DDs.

[POI--]
Players
3,204 posts
4,348 battles

DDs or cruisers, imo. BBs don't have nearly as much of a gain from the skill Concealment Expert at 10 pts, while for DDs from T6 on it is basically a must have. Below that, it's just nice.But not having it at T6 and later gets painful really fast and a 10 pt commander allows you to never find yourself there.

• Cool 2

Players
2,038 posts
5,930 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

DDs or cruisers, imo. BBs don't have nearly as much of a gain from the skill Concealment Expert at 10 pts, while for DDs from T6 on it is basically a must have. Below that, it's just nice.But not having it at T6 and later gets painful really fast and a 10 pt commander allows you to never find yourself there.

I'd agree with this.

I'd also recommend having Conceilment Expert skill on any cruiser captain (preferably from tier 5, it can make life a lot easier as you don't have a spotted range that is basically your maximum gun range).

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,813 posts
6,439 battles
20 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'd also recommend having Conceilment Expert skill on any cruiser captain

FTFY.

CE on every ship, period.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,204 posts
1,575 battles
2 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

FTFY.

CE on every ship, period.

I dunno if that helps for some BBs.

After they fore they get detected all over the whole map.

Maybe if they run CE, some borderhugging other BB might mniss the other bordercuddling BB. 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,813 posts
6,439 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Maybe if they run CE, some borderhugging other BB might mniss the other bordercuddling BB. 

20 seconds of gun bloom for 30 seconds of reload. Catch my drift ?

CE is useful on every ship, CV included. It helps positioning for all classes, and for BB you get back to your concealment before you fire your next salvo.

[POI--]
Players
3,204 posts
4,348 battles
3 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

CE on BBs is for helping disengage. If you have a concealment rating that isn't Fuso-level garbage, you can actually stop firing and fall back and end up undetected. Which would mean noone fires at you anymore and you can repair and wait for any damage control repairs to come off cooldown. Otherwise, even if you end up at low hp and want to pull back for recovery, you'll stay spotted and get killed off likely.

Also, on ships with good concealment, you can surprise cruisers. If you do not fire until you are detected from 11 km away, because such may be your detection rate, that can give cruisers a really bad surprise. A Conqueror at that range with AP loaded would likely delete a cruiser that isn't angled.

[AS13]
Players
1,204 posts
1,575 battles
On 9-7-2018 at 11:06 PM, Riselotte said:

CE on BBs is for helping disengage. If you have a concealment rating that isn't Fuso-level garbage, you can actually stop firing and fall back and end up undetected. Which would mean noone fires at you anymore and you can repair and wait for any damage control repairs to come off cooldown. Otherwise, even if you end up at low hp and want to pull back for recovery, you'll stay spotted and get killed off likely.

Also, on ships with good concealment, you can surprise cruisers. If you do not fire until you are detected from 11 km away, because such may be your detection rate, that can give cruisers a really bad surprise. A Conqueror at that range with AP loaded would likely delete a cruiser that isn't angled.

Ah well, I have never had te luxury to 'disengage' so far. 

Every BB I have is slow as a turd, once in you must stay in. 

Do or die, sort of. Maybe I'll grasp it when I get faster BBs.

Sign in to follow this