You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lady_godiva_s

U.S New cruisers need Nerf immediately

59 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
6,432 battles

Beloved W.G a couple time ago u claim that u want us players be more aggresive,claims areas etc.4 more "fun".

First u gave us the british machineguns-Radarsattelitehydros-smoke-health ships(and u call them Cruisers).

Now u bring a new goth play style...STAY BEHIND the NEAREST rock and blind shoot EVERYTHING with machineguns-radar and many other

thinks...BUT now u call them U.S cruisers...u want we  choose between just 2 nations cruisers?Because

EVERY other nation cruisers CANT DO NOTHING...what?ZAO?...HIPPER?...MOGAMI?(LOOOL)...kidding us dont u?

I cant stand seeing cruiser blind fire at 7 Km...not in 2018.I thought we had finished with this circumstances.

I had played 5300+ battles...i had unlock british until neptune and u.s until Cleveland.I had Loved the Tier 6 cleveland...was good ship

and victories with this ship was fill me in pride...NOW....British and U.S cruisers have not victory respect...They have ridiculous

gameplay that just stay in smoke or any rock and push their left mouse button.And is your fault W.G

Consider where u want to go our beloved game and try harder to balance the ridiculous o.p cruisers of yours.

With LOVE 4 our game.

Greetings from Greece

Yianna

• Cool 7
  • Funny 16
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,574 posts
9,108 battles

4 minutes ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

First u gave us the british machineguns-Radarsattelitehydros-smoke-health ships

Only the Payfast can smoke+radar

5 minutes ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

I cant stand seeing cruiser blind fire at 7 Km...not in 2018.I thought we had finished with this circumstances.

wat

5 minutes ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

EVERY other nation cruisers CANT DO NOTHING...what?ZAO?...HIPPER?...MOGAMI?(LOOOL)...kidding us dont u?

Zao weak, pls buff WG.
:Smile_popcorn:

Mogami? clearly needs more guns.

6 minutes ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

i had unlock british until neptune and u.s until Cleveland.I had Loved the Tier 6 cleveland...was good ship

and victories with this ship was fill me in pride...NOW....British and U.S cruisers have not victory respect...They have ridiculous

gameplay that just stay in smoke or any rock and push their left mouse button.And is your fault W.G

Clear something up for me...
When have RN CLs ever been actually different to now?

7 minutes ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

Consider where u want to go our beloved game and try harder to balance the ridiculous o.p cruisers of yours.

You were going well in the first part of that sentence, but it crashed and burned at the end.
USN CLs aren't OP. Some aspect might be downright broken (*cough* 9.1-9.5km concealment with 9-9.9km radars), but OP? Nope.

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles

Honestly, I respect Chapayev and radar Edinburgh more in my DDs than the Cleveland. At least they can hit me still at the edge of radar range. and don't get me started of how I think in a BB about a cruiser without a torp option. And I can only guess all other cruiser lines have not too much trouble taking on Cleveland, with maybe the exception of RN, because frankly, the ship has such lazy arcs at range, dodging most of their salvo isn't even hard, while a Russian cruiser just nails it with the railguns every single salvo.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
13,685 posts
10,389 battles
1 hour ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

Beloved W.G a couple time ago u claim that u want us players be more aggresive,claims areas etc.4 more "fun".

First u gave us the british machineguns-Radarsattelitehydros-smoke-health ships(and u call them Cruisers).

Now u bring a new goth play style...STAY BEHIND the NEAREST rock and blind shoot EVERYTHING with machineguns-radar and many other

thinks...BUT now u call them U.S cruisers...u want we  choose between just 2 nations cruisers?Because

I had played 5300+ battles...i had unlock british until neptune and u.s until Cleveland.I had Loved the Tier 6 cleveland...was good ship

With LOVE 4 our game.

Greetings from Greece

Yianna

Sounds like a L2P and emotional issue.

I suggest less whining and more thinking. There is a counter to everything.

The new CL play exactly like the old Cleveland. That is nothing even an average player cannot deal with.

• Cool 3

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,983 posts
4,968 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Sounds like a L2P and emotional issue.

I suggest less whining and more thinking. There is a counter to everything.

The new CL play exactly like the old Cleveland. That is nothing even an average player cannot deal with.

You appear to be correct, the OP is a DD main.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles

OP is just a "whine and run" sort of forum user anyways.

It's telling how the only to give him a thumbs up is another whiner who doesn't play the game anymore and who has no idea how these ships actually work..

[NODF]
Players
4 posts
6,600 battles

Agreed the New USN  CL range and especailly the Radar Cleve has come as a bit of a shock as the Cleve already was a formidable hard hitting, tough,  gun boat. Now I see them hide behind rocks like Belfast does. My gripe is as the Cleve was and is an incredibly popular ship we are a massive amount of radar ships in game, that as a USN DD players is ruining things. What is the point of even having DDs even with good stealth when you have even more radar ships than before and Note most USN dds have a torp range of 9.2km only at tier 10 in Gearing it gets better. My suggestion counteract the masses ov Cleves out there is give all tier 7  and up DDs regardless of nation a torp range of 11km or 12km. That is 1-2 kms over standard radar range which lies around 10km. Then DDs are in the game again. A fair trade off or not???

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralOxen said:

Agreed the New USN  CL range and especailly the Radar Cleve has come as a bit of a shock as the Cleve already was a formidable hard hitting, tough,  gun boat. Now I see them hide behind rocks like Belfast does. My gripe is as the Cleve was and is an incredibly popular ship we are a massive amount of radar ships in game, that as a USN DD players is ruining things. What is the point of even having DDs even with good stealth when you have even more radar ships than before and Note most USN dds have a torp range of 9.2km only at tier 10 in Gearing it gets better. My suggestion counteract the masses ov Cleves out there is give all tier 7  and up DDs regardless of nation a torp range of 11km or 12km. That is 1-2 kms over standard radar range which lies around 10km. Then DDs are in the game again. A fair trade off or not???

Payfast needs no rock. It can create its own cover and if the map is Ocean.

And honestly, DDs don't all need standoff torps. At that point you could ask what's the point in playing US cruisers, when BB can delete them anyway? And no US cruiser has the ability to stealth torp a BB or shoot from ranges where the BB can't just potentially oneshot them back, unless they are behind some really good cover. I mean, if you expect to have a fair chance against a cruiser by launching torps from 12 km away, that cruiser must be dumb enough that 9-10 km torps would've done it anyway. Just needs an approach that doesn't prompt enemy radar, so, maybe a bit of teamplay. Or, well, let the BBs delete the cruiser...

[FT13]
Players
63 posts
5,620 battles

Because playing tactically is overpowered, apparently.

I recommend learning the strengths and weaknesses of what you're whining about before making threads like this. Then you might know why certain ships play like they do and how to deal with it.

• Cool 1

Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

You appear to be correct, the OP is a DD main.

yeah. But if the counter is the own team, people get frustrated. 

too many clevelands in tier eight matches, too much radar. At a certain point, you can not adapt anymore. and that point is close.

add the free indis and crap hits the fan. Either they know how to press the magic button or they run away like panicked chickens.

DD gameplay in tier eight and higher is broken and unfun.

sure … the OP might not be the best player but his frustration is real and bad for the game.

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

Can anyone translate the txtspk and ranting into something that makes sense?

I take it he's upset about the US cruisers shooting him while sitting behind islands as they have to do or get deleted.

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
7 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

yeah. But if the counter is the own team, people get frustrated. 

too many clevelands in tier eight matches, too much radar. At a certain point, you can not adapt anymore. and that point is close.

add the free indis and crap hits the fan. Either they know how to press the magic button or they run away like panicked chickens.

DD gameplay in tier eight and higher is broken and unfun.

sure … the OP might not be the best player but his frustration is real and bad for the game.

Cleveland is a way worse DD hunter than Chapayev as for the poor folks that only just stumble into its range. It only is better close up, where it has an easier time dodging torps and keeping the guns on you. And Indianapolis is one of the least useful radar ships. It fundamentally is no DD hunter, but long to mid range support and its radar also goes nowhere close to detection range, meaning if you get detected, popping radar is likely just a waste. Not to say it's a bad ship and radar isn't useful, but Indy certainly is not the DD terror of T7 the same way Belfast is or Chapayev (or the rare radar Edinburgh could be) one tier higher. Add to that that no cruiser is designed solely around its radar and Indianapolis has certainly not the potential to become super popular, when radar won't save you from getting mauled by BBs.

[L4GG]
Players
1,383 posts
5,546 battles
3 hours ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

With LOVE 4 our game.

Greetings from Greece

Yianna

Just don't get too close to them (under 14. something km) or 13.1km if they are stock.

And if you have to, just do it in such a way that you'll be able to be covered by a island, wait a bit then retreat or push. ambushed them , get them when they are in transit between islands.

if you have a island between you and them it's easy to throw off their aim if you add some wasd into it.

Maybe, if you are lucky, the us cl will be greedy and try to move in a better position to hit you and expose itself to you or to any of your team mates.

Just stay out of their range and you will be golden, that it's not too difficult.

learn where are their favourite spots in the maps you play and avoid getting too close.

and you will leave them helpless.

Don't get too focus on it either, be aware of the minimap.

choose another target.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

With LOVE 4 our game.

Greetings from Greece

Yianna

WG, listening greek ideas might put you in bancrot. just look at their economy.

With love for our game,

Greetings from Montenegro

Boris

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

• Funny 3

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts

I was laughing so hard when reading this post...:cap_haloween:

Yes, the CLs are clearly overpowered, that is why UK CL are everyones favourite targets. When you get spotted in a minotaur, the PT count goes from 0 to 5 in less than 10 seconds. Even in smoke, you get blasted by players with spotting planes. 

.... now, look at US CL, they don't have smoke and torpedoes yet handle like pigs in comparison with UK CL. Do you even play any high tier games? A lot of maps with open water and very few low islands for cover. 

Then Zao? Zao is weak??? Wat!? 

The concealment is only 200m more then Worcester and now gets amazing 12 km torp and massive HE+AP alpha... the AP has so much pen, at close range Worcester's 25mm side armor plating can be penned unless at extreme angle.

So how about show WG some hard evidence how overpowered UK and US CLs are? I am sure you know the game data more than WG, right?

Edit: after checking OP's profile, OP doesn't even own a Zao ... :cap_fainting: LOOOL, how do you speak for a ship that you don't even own??

[L4GG]
Players
1,383 posts
5,546 battles
4 minutes ago, Rionage said:

Then Zao? Zao is weak??? Wat!?

I think he's talking about DPM, Zao it's slow to reload, right?

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts
22 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I don't understand a lot of the paragraphs, but no, I don't think that's what he meant. 

4 hours ago, Lady_godiva_s said:

(snip) .... u want we  choose between just 2 nations cruisers?Because

EVERY other nation cruisers CANT DO NOTHING...what?ZAO?...HIPPER?...MOGAMI?(LOOOL)...kidding us dont u?... (snip)

I read it again, and no, I think he meant all other cruiser lines are underpowered in comparison to UK and US CL lines. :cap_book:

And even if Zao has slow reload, it doesn't justify his unfounded claim of how OP the UK and US CL lines are. The ship is balanced around other factors such as torps, strike alpha, better armor, versatility etc. 

Basing an argument on DPM alone is BIASED, right? 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,574 posts
9,108 battles
33 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

And it also manages to nail you with 12 very high damage HE or AP shells consistently.
It achieves high practical DPM by having much better practical accuracy (dispersion and shell velocity) than anything short of a Moskva.

A Zao at 12km+ is much scarier than a Des Moines, despite having 100k less HE DPM, and only a bit over half the AP DPM 

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,383 posts
5,546 battles
21 minutes ago, Rionage said:

I don't understand a lot of the paragraphs, but no, I don't think that's what he meant.

I read it again, and no, I think he meant all other cruiser lines are underpowered in comparison to UK and US CL lines.

And even if Zao has slow reload, it doesn't justify his unfounded claim of how OP the UK and US CL lines are. The ship is balanced around other factors such as torps, strike alpha, better armor, versatility etc.

Basing an argument on DPM alone is BIASED, right?

I think the OP is just frustrated. A lot

What I take from what he/she said. And I can be way off the "mark"

you can choose only between two cruisers ( I assume US Cl and UK CL because of high DPM, etc) All the others are just helpless against the US CLs, with one exception, Mogami, all the others have lower DPM and their armour don't work against HE.

I though the OP was talking in a cruiser vs cruiser point of view, but perhaps that statement  you quoted  is based in what he/she saw. If he/she is a dd main.

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I think the OP is just frustrated. A lot

What I take from what he/she said. And I can be way off the "mark"

you can choose only between two cruisers ( I assume US Cl and UK CL because of high DPM, etc) All the others are just helpless against the US CLs, with one exception, Mogami, all the others have lower DPM and their armour don't work against HE.

I though the OP was talking in a cruiser vs cruiser point of view, but perhaps that statement that you quoted  is based in what he/she saw.

That is how I interpreted it too (except Mogami part), and I am saying that high DPM is not everything.

A ship is balanced around many factors, not just DPM. So even if Zao has a slow reload and low DPM, does not make it a weak ship.

Arguments based on only DPM are clearly biased.

[L4GG]
Players
1,383 posts
5,546 battles
19 minutes ago, Rionage said:

That is how I interpreted it too (except Mogami part), and I am saying that high DPM is not everything.

A ship is balanced around many factors, not just DPM. So even if Zao has a slow reload and low DPM, does not make it a weak ship.

Arguments based on only DPM are clearly biased.

I'm with you there.

but I think  those arguments are just conditioned by frustration, not biased. In this case.

Maybe in the situations the OP was in, a DPM monster was what he/she needed it.

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts
10 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm with you there.

but I think  those arguments are just conditioned by frustration, not biased. In this case.

Hmmmm, fair enough... you mean we should show more empathy....? :cap_like:

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Just don't get too close to them (under 14. something km) or 13.1km if they are stock.

And if you have to, just do it in such a way that you'll be able to be covered by a island, wait a bit then retreat or push. ambushed them , get them when they are in transit between islands.

if you have a island between you and them it's easy to throw off their aim if you add some wasd into it.

Maybe, if you are lucky, the us cl will be greedy and try to move in a better position to hit you and expose itself to you or to any of your team mates.

Just stay out of their range and you will be golden, that it's not too difficult.

learn where are their favourite spots in the maps you play and avoid getting too close.

and you will leave them helpless.

Don't get too focus on it either, be aware of the minimap.

choose another target.

Why stay 14 km away? As a DD, you can just stay 10 km away, if they are spotted and all's fine, because radar range does not go that far. And even if for whatever reason you get spotted at that range, the ballistics are so crap on that ship, you can likely dodge and run without much issue. Whatever spotted you will give you greater trouble.

The greater issue is the concealment rating of the Cleveland, which means that unless someone else spots it or it is firing, the Cleveland will not be spotted by you unless just before you enter radar range, which makes it extremely hard to avoid the radar. But even then, a Chapa can do that even better and a Chapa can nail you at its radar range, a Cleve likely cannot.

[L4GG]
Players
1,383 posts
5,546 battles
11 minutes ago, Rionage said:

Hmmmm, fair enough... you mean we should show more empathy....? :cap_like:

Yeah... why not?

This is WoWs, today was the OP, tomorrow can be you or me.