Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

The purpose of new resources?

17 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles

Buying flags for coal is pretty expensive... Now you get coal as a reward where before you'd get flags, consumables, etc. I guess handing out resources allows players to choose their rewards, but mostly it gives WG more control over the economy. It seems the value of the rewards from missions may go down. 

For me personally, I'd prefer getting direct rewards instead of coal.

What are your thoughts?

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,398 posts
8,385 battles

well eventually you might be able to get a premium ship for free using coal...

Players
779 posts
6,831 battles

It's kinda a "semi premium" currency like the Tokens in Warplanes. You get it by simply playing, and can use it to buy a small selection of content normally locked behind the paywall.

I find I'm already looking forward to the stuff I can get for coal, so in that sense I guess it's mission accomplished for WG, in providing another incentive to grind.

I'm missing like 5% of the French collection, and it's nice that they allow me to grind the boxes of whatever past collection you missed out on.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
406 posts
2,635 battles

I'm still on the fence about coal. But choosing a reward like a certain camo or signal you need at the moment. Is better than being solely dependent on crates and missions. 

[PUPSI]
Players
5,820 posts

that coal system is imho quite good, but I wonder how Molybdenium, Saltpeter and Brass will fit...

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,788 battles

The problem with coal is that buying anything other than special upgrades is just not economical. The prices are too high for signals and camos.

The premium ships like Campbelltown are ok, they are a long term goal. But consumables are too expensive.

Having said that I must admit I'm a fan of the arsenal, I have been thinking about something similar and now here it is. Having the ability to buy the things I need is great, no more RNG, no more heavy grinding just to get that one thing I want.

• Cool 6

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,117 posts
2,173 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Having said that I must admit I'm a fan of the arsenal, I have been thinking about something similar and now here it is. Having the ability to buy the things I need is great, no more RNG, no more heavy grinding just to get that one thing I want.

With you on this one.

Yes everything seems expensive, but then we still don't know what the full potential for gaining coal is as of yet.

Love the arsenal, and that I can choose to buy what I want, as and when I can afford it.

[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles

The Arsenal is a big improvement from earlier. The whole reach Rank 1 three or five times to get unique ships...? It's not a bad idea by itself, but how would a newcomer know about it without research? It's much easier to display long term rewards now and making it much more obvious how to obtain them.

..or acquiring Stalingrad through CBs.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
1 hour ago, Linkaex said:

I'm still on the fence about coal. But choosing a reward like a certain camo or signal you need at the moment. Is better than being solely dependent on crates and missions. 

But the prices for these are so exuberant that you'd be better off relying on crate/mission luck. I mean, seriously, the amount of coal you get at once is usually less than the price of a single signal flag. If the prices were so that a single flag was worth some 100 coal, then you'd be right. But that's just not the case. Instead you pay 12k for 20 pieces of cloth.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,242 posts
7,932 battles
1 hour ago, Salentine said:

for free

There's no such thing in this world :Smile_hiding:

[SKRUB]
Players
139 posts
12,481 battles

Bah look like steel is kinda a new gateway for access content. :/

Sure it is a endcontent thing, but  grinding this ressource will take forever...

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
2 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Buying flags for coal is pretty expensive... Now you get coal as a reward where before you'd get flags, consumables, etc. I guess handing out resources allows players to choose their rewards, but mostly it gives WG more control over the economy. It seems the value of the rewards from missions may go down. 

For me personally, I'd prefer getting direct rewards instead of coal.

What are your thoughts?

Agreed. I'd prefer to be able to make a choice between coal or signal flags. SInce I actually use all kinds of signal flags (as I play different classes of ships) I don't really have a need for to be able to pick signal flags at a greatly inflated price.

What good is it to me to be able to 'purchase', say, 20x ESCL if the coal takes the place of 15x all signal flags (with spread due to RNG)?

[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles
8 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Agreed. I'd prefer to be able to make a choice between coal or signal flags. SInce I actually use all kinds of signal flags (as I play different classes of ships) I don't really have a need for to be able to pick signal flags at a greatly inflated price.

What good is it to me to be able to 'purchase', say, 20x ESCL if the coal takes the place of 15x all signal flags (with spread due to RNG)?

I'm thinking the same. I kind of suspect that there's been some inflation of flags and whatnot in the past and that WG gets better control over the ingame economy by doing this. If things stay the same, it's fine, but maybe the switch to resource reward in loot boxes and for missions instead of flags and premium modules. Generally worse value given the current prices..

[PUPSI]
Players
69 posts
3,278 battles

It gives you a choice instead of getting upgrades (or whatever) that you don`t need.

Arsenal good.
Me like it. :Smile_Default:

[BONI]
Players
1,016 posts
8,749 battles

I"m specifically saving coal for ships. Everything else looks outrageously expensive, signals in particular are highly overvalued by WG. If they got really, really stingy with giving away bonus camos, maybe I could justify the coal price for those. I'm hoping for Katori, Perth, Huanghe and italian CLs to get added, since different and interesting playstyles are what keeps my interest in the game.

Oh yeah, a tip - don't get Campbeltown for some fun low-tier matches. The gun firepower is atrocious, the launcher arrangement is a doozy and the concealment is powercreeped by ships like Vampire and the upcoming t3 RN. It's like if Mutsuki had the same detection as Podvoisky, you just get creamed on sight. Even the humble Phra Ruang can outspot and outgun it.  It's one of the weakest, most awkward-feeling ships I know of and needs a stealth buff at least. I know it's based on Wickes but it just doesn't work for something that cannot shoot its way out of a wet paper bag.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,850 posts
20,693 battles

Idea good, some prizes are too steep. Will probably stockpile coal as f.e. they have stated that mixed purchases of ships is not allowed i.e. FreeXP+coal. Will decide in teh future, with 17-1800 prem one use camos in stock buying those is not an option.

For others purchasing the flags with real money is probably better if you have a long term goal of other things.

Juliet Charlie flags I only use in ranked so I have an alright stock. Likewise I do not use Sierra Mike much in random play. So it is a questin often to have you manage your flags.

Sign in to follow this