Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Amun_RA

Please some info!

18 comments in this topic

Players
27 posts
1,534 battles

I am a new WOWS player (veteran wot). 

My question: is there now a set of missions which allow you to rent American premium ships for a limited time? Because I have completed a set of some kind of missions and I have now 3 premiums in my port.

If there is none, then it seems I've got them by purchasing freedom containers. 

The problem is that while opening the containers I've got no mission or whatever for the premium ships plus Cleveland. But I am completely new to WOWS so maybe I haven't understood something correctly. On the other hand, knowing how greedy WG is I find it unbelievable to win 1 tier 8 premium ship, 2 tier 7 premiums plus Cleveland plus flags and signals by only spending around 40 euro...

So I hope you understand my confusion here... 

I've bought Giulio Cesare and Haida till now and I really enjoy them against bots. I am too noob for the moment to play randoms. 

Thank you for any answers! 

Beta Tester
182 posts
5,222 battles

What ships do you have?

Currently you should have 3 tier ten rentals from a mission that can only be used in clan wars (hindenburg, conqueror and shimakaze). If you had a tier 6 cleveland before the last patch this will have magically turned into a tier 8 cleveland plus a tier 6 pensacola. Neither of these are premiums and you get to keep them.

Other than that there are a variety of missions for US premiums that you can get from the amercian containers that are rewards for the indionapolis missions (Monaghan, Kidd, Sims, Atlanta and something else I forget). If you've managed to get multiple premiums from containers congratulations you jammy sod.

• Cool 1

Players
27 posts
1,534 battles
9 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

What ships do you have?

Currently you should have 3 tier ten rentals from a mission that can only be used in clan wars (hindenburg, conqueror and shimakaze). If you had a tier 6 cleveland before the last patch this will have magically turned into a tier 8 cleveland plus a tier 6 pensacola. Neither of these are premiums and you get to keep them.

Other than that there are a variety of missions for US premiums that you can get from the amercian containers that are rewards for the indionapolis missions (Monaghan, Kidd, Sims, Atlanta and something else I forget). If you've managed to get multiple premiums from containers congratulations you jammy sod.

I've got the ships that are listed in the premium shop as info for the freedom container. Kidd, Atlanta, Sims and Cleveland. I've only started a few days ago playing wows, so I did not have any tier 6 researched. 

The only logical explanation would be that I really got lucky and I won them. But I still cannot believe it considering that after I have opened all the containers I thought I haven't won anything at all :) 

I haven't done any of the Indianapolis missions yet. At least I thin so. 

Thank you very much for your response! 

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,101 battles

You've been given acces to tier X ships that are restricted to clan battles, best to forget they are even there, you can't use them in solo, and you wouldn't want to use them even if you could, take your time going up the tiers, or you'll get pissed off and bin what is an awesome game.

Scratch what i said.......... you must have gotten drops from the containers

Beta Tester
182 posts
5,222 battles
8 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

I've got the ships that are listed in the premium shop as info for the freedom container. Kidd, Atlanta, Sims and Cleveland. I've only started a few days ago playing wows, so I did not have any tier 6 researched. 

The only logical explanation would be that I really got lucky and I won them. But I still cannot believe it considering that after I have opened all the containers I thought I haven't won anything at all :) 

I checked out your profile, you only have 1 battle in randoms with all your other games in co-op. Indionapolis mission containers are only available from completing missions in random or ranked mode with ships of tier 6 or higher so I've got nothing sorry, no idea where they came from unless you bought or were gifted something.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles
15 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

7 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

I checked out your profile, you only have 1 battle in randoms with all your other games in co-op. Indionapolis mission containers are only available from completing missions in random or ranked mode with ships of tier 6 or higher so I've got nothing sorry, no idea where they came from unless you bought or were gifted something.

OP bought the containers and got the missions off them.

Expect to see the OP posting again soon™.

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
17 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

If you do not believe what you see on your screen, you will be in trouble in this game...

And yes, WG gives you stuff when you give them 40 bucks.

Beta Tester
182 posts
5,222 battles

Do they have a white outline of a clock in the top right hand side of the ship's icon in the carousel? That would indicate they are indeed rentals/temporary additions to your account. Alternatively, have you accepted any gifts? If so and you don't know the person who gave you them then that could be a problem.

Players
27 posts
1,534 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you do not believe what you see on your screen, you will be in trouble in this game...

And yes, WG gives you stuff when you give them 40 bucks.

Thanks for your response! It seems I've got them from the containers. 

I am a wot player since 2011 so I tend to believe more that WG is greedy than to believe that I've got so lucky. Since yesterday when I opened the containers I was firmly convinced that I haven't won anything so you could understand the shock I had tonight when seeing all those premiums in my port :) 

Players
27 posts
1,534 battles
5 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Do they have a white outline of a clock in the top right hand side of the ship's icon in the carousel? That would indicate they are indeed rentals/temporary additions to your account. Alternatively, have you accepted any gifts? If so and you don't know the person who gave you them then that could be a problem.

The answer is no to both questions. 

It seems I've got them from the containers :) 

Thanks for your response! 

Players
27 posts
1,534 battles
28 minutes ago, zengaze said:

You've been given acces to tier X ships that are restricted to clan battles, best to forget they are even there, you can't use them in solo, and you wouldn't want to use them even if you could, take your time going up the tiers, or you'll get pissed off and bin what is an awesome game.

Scratch what i said.......... you must have gotten drops from the containers

Thanks for your response! 

Beta Tester
182 posts
5,222 battles
1 minute ago, Amun_RA said:

Then I can only advise you to go and buy a lottery ticket. Whilst you can get premium ships from standard containers I've never had one.

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
4 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

Thanks for your response! It seems I've got them from the containers. 

I am a wot player since 2011 so I tend to believe more that WG is greedy than to believe that I've got so lucky. Since yesterday when I opened the containers I was firmly convinced that I haven't won anything so you could understand the shock I had tonight when seeing all those premiums in my port :) 

It helps to go over items in the container with your mouse.

I VERY much doubt that ANY of these containers were empty.

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
1 minute ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Then I can only advise you to go and buy a lottery ticket. Whilst you can get premium ships from standard containers I've never had one.

These were no standard containers. As he said, he bought them. And the premium containers give good chances.

I got one container from the facebook code and got the mission for the Sims.

Beta Tester
182 posts
5,222 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

These were no standard containers. As he said, he bought them. And the premium containers give good chances.

I got one container from the facebook code and got the mission for the Sims.

Ah, OK, missed the bit where he said he'd bought them. Yeah, I got a Sims mission from my facebook code container as well so that would explain things.

[HMSR]
Players
1,629 posts
5,846 battles

Hmm i see that the FB code is generous with the Sims, guess what i gotten from it...... Yep you guessed it, sims mission, only catch, i have that lil boat already :Smile_smile:

[TIPC]
Players
331 posts
15,321 battles
1 hour ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Do they have a white outline of a clock in the top right hand side of the ship's icon in the carousel? That would indicate they are indeed rentals/temporary additions to your account. Alternatively, have you accepted any gifts? If so and you don't know the person who gave you them then that could be a problem

if your premiums have a clock like rentals..they probanly gave u some to test them as a newcomer so later u could buy them if you like..

if they dont have the clock probably u earned them by the sc u bought

Players
1,954 posts
5,895 battles
On 6-7-2018 at 11:32 PM, Amun_RA said:

I am a new WOWS player (veteran wot). 

My question: is there now a set of missions which allow you to rent American premium ships for a limited time? Because I have completed a set of some kind of missions and I have now 3 premiums in my port.

If there is none, then it seems I've got them by purchasing freedom containers. 

The problem is that while opening the containers I've got no mission or whatever for the premium ships plus Cleveland. But I am completely new to WOWS so maybe I haven't understood something correctly. On the other hand, knowing how greedy WG is I find it unbelievable to win 1 tier 8 premium ship, 2 tier 7 premiums plus Cleveland plus flags and signals by only spending around 40 euro...

So I hope you understand my confusion here... 

I've bought Giulio Cesare and Haida till now and I really enjoy them against bots. I am too noob for the moment to play randoms. 

Thank you for any answers! 

There are quite a bit of people here who used to play WoT, but got fed up with it for a variety of reasons (me being one of them).

Yes, WoT is pay4fun/pay2win and greedy, but WoWS is more lenient in this regard. You can still get unlucky and get nothing from these crates (I wasn't as fortunate with the FB code as some of the other players here), but the daily containers can also give some nice stuff.

You can still spend large amounts if you wanted to, just like in WoT, but I find it easier to be competitive without having to overspend in this game then was possible in WoT.

Yes, you gotten a couple (nice!) premiums, Atlanta can be a blast to play in coop, enjoy! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this