Sign in to follow this  
Dante_AK

Undo my decission

30 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
2,630 battles

Ok, i could not find  similar question and proper section in support, i dont like bother support and ppl but...

Ill try write short, i came back to this this game cuz its like magnet, my small dream, become Battleships captain and i must say  i s..k as battleship captain.

I did buy bismarck yestarday and n.carolina today,  can Wargaming restore my acc from before i did buy them ? cuz i really want still play,  but cruisers, im less bad in them,  im asking about restoring cuz now im on  430 000 credits and i sold some stuff, ships,   consumables,  signals just to get bismarck and n.carolina,  with most cruisers tech trees im on tier 7,  so as ftp player  to the bones, it will take alot time  to gather for next tier of cruisers. Its also my second acc  where on first i  made even worse things with  selling stuff.

I would like to stay on this acc as weekend warior and f2p player to the bones.

Please dont ask how bad battleship captain i am, i will just say that that if i would continue play bismarck and n.carolina i would end with 0 credits :) quite fast.

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles

Sadly, that is very unlikely to ever happen, but I would recommend you to learn how to play these ships, so they can actually make money. Also helps you be more useful in battle and earn less negative karma. It really isn't hard to play Bismarck and others will appreciate it.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles

Dude... I play BBs and CLs... I make 2 million silver a day. 

And I play the Brits, so I'm really screwed there with CAs.

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
7 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Dude... I play BBs and CLs... I make 2 million silver a day. 

And I play the Brits, so I'm really screwed there with CAs.

Brits if played properly have little issue making credits and carrying games. The BBs are one of the laziest lines in the entire game, braindead as hell, the cruisers are extremely powerful if you know what you are doing (and die fast if you don't).

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles
3 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Brits if played properly have little issue making credits and carrying games. The BBs are one of the laziest lines in the entire game, braindead as hell, the cruisers are extremely powerful if you know what you are doing (and die fast if you don't).

Yeah they are easy. The fun is in mis-using them. As in: oh let's go and cap in a BB. 

Or, the DD's are dead, now my Leander is the next best DD (LOL).

Probably you can make much more 'silver' by hanging back a bit. 

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
8 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yeah they are easy. The fun is in mis-using them. As in: oh let's go and cap in a BB. 

Depends on circumstances, but I saw carriers cap, when noone else was around, which isn't bad play at all. Obviously, if you head into cap first thing in the match, before your Dds, don't expect to live long without a proper plan. 

9 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Or, the DD's are dead, now my Leander is the next best DD (LOL).

It might be necessary, as the Leander has the best concealment of T6 non-premium cruisers. Also a smoke to bail and repair party. That's no misuse of the ship though.

11 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Probably you can make much more 'silver' by hanging back a bit. 

Depends on ship type, but apart from long-range support cruisers like French, mid-tier Germans and Russians, ranges of 10-15 km are typical for cruisers and battleships. If the enemy has no battleships around, closer ranges can work out, especially when hunting DDs.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles

Ha, so actually it is me doing the right thing then? I didn't see many other BBs doing such stuff.

But I thought, well why not. Same in the Leander. Somebody has to do it. 

Yes I have seen CVs cap as well, when they were out of planes. Even saw one ram a low health DD (I laughed so hard!)

I do get closer than 10km if I can. Sometimes I 'chase' a DD in the New York. 

When you keep him spotted, well he can fiore torps but when you are striaght towards him - usually avoidable. 

Especially the New Yorkl I find very good turning. A few HE shots from he front gun will take care of a DD.

I had a Mutsuki pilot so mad... he was cursing, accusing me of cheating, aimbots, everything LOL.

I usually play in a division - my son likes DDs. 

When he is attacked by enemy DD or CL, I have no problem shooting them into the ground from ~ 15km.

Usually though I am less than 10km from the cap in a BB, and  as close as I dare in a CL.  

I find that many BBs hang way back, wait what happens, and then they sort of clean up the scraps. 

[ASEET]
Players
191 posts
6,514 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I find that many BBs hang way back, wait what happens, and then they sort of clean up the scraps. 

That's really horrible BB play, they are basically doing clean up amounts of damage every salvo they manage to hit. Unfortunately this is to be expected from potatoes with the huge range of BB's. "Why go closer and risk getting shot at when I can sit back here and fire away with no fear of retaliation?"

[NED]
Players
4,003 posts
10,835 battles

Looking at your stats I'd say you're not doing half bad in Gneisenau, OP. In wows in general I might add. You only played 4 matches in said ships. My advice is to just hold on for some longer. Bismarck isn't that different in playstyle than Gneis is. Regardless what build you're using. In fact: it's more comfortable in all builds: longer secondary range with sec build and 1 more main gun in tank build. NC however has only 1 thing in common with Colorado; it's a BB. That's it. That's where all the comparison ends. Suddenly you have speed, a completely different armor scheme and way different behaving guns. It took me a long time to get used to it but once you have the hang of NC, the rest will follow up pretty smoothly.

The thing with T8 is you're getting into a lot of T10 battles. This is for reasons highly debated elsewhere so I won't start that here. You have to learn to take advantage from that. You can't be the "complete all the way up to the front Rambo" anymore. Stay a hair back from the main frontline. NOT saying: hug the bordermaps like a lot of BB idiots do but not overextend too quickly.

WG can't "reset your account to a "previous lvl."  They made that perfectly clear. My advice for you is to take your best ship out (in the 6-7 range), strap it with as much credit flags cammo's as you have. Take regular consumables for the time being (except for damcom; that will pay itself back) and grind credits for a while.

Now obviously I don't have insight of your financials nor is that any of my business. However ideally you could consider buying some premium time. F.e. in a weekend when you really feel like playing you could take a "weekend pass" in the shop. And should you be able to afford it I'd recommend Murmansk and/ or Scharnhorst as premium vessels. It's very hard to make a loss in credits in premium ships. All in the thought train: "even if I want to stay F2P I can contribute something to the game which isn't going to financially ruin me."

With said recommendations you'd be able to kick back your credit score to a healthy level again in not too overly much effort. Seeing your play lvl credits shouldn't be a major issue for you. Last advice: always keep your credit balance at 5 million-ish minimal to always be able to compensate for losing streaks.

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
4 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Ha, so actually it is me doing the right thing then? I didn't see many other BBs doing such stuff.

But I thought, well why not. Same in the Leander. Somebody has to do it. 

Yes I have seen CVs cap as well, when they were out of planes. Even saw one ram a low health DD (I laughed so hard!)

I do get closer than 10km if I can. Sometimes I 'chase' a DD in the New York. 

When you keep him spotted, well he can fiore torps but when you are striaght towards him - usually avoidable. 

Especially the New Yorkl I find very good turning. A few HE shots from he front gun will take care of a DD.

I had a Mutsuki pilot so mad... he was cursing, accusing me of cheating, aimbots, everything LOL.

I usually play in a division - my son likes DDs. 

When he is attacked by enemy DD or CL, I have no problem shooting them into the ground from ~ 15km.

Usually though I am less than 10km from the cap in a BB, and  as close as I dare in a CL.  

In a New York, you can basically follow DDs at the start of the match at full speed, because they'll leave you behind anyway. With faster BBs, I'd recommend between 5-10 km, depending on matchmaking. If bottom tier against some nasty BBs, being more at distance helps, to get the intel in first before you decide whether you can take the fight. When top tier and not much else that seriosly challenges you, you can go be more aggressive. Especially with ships like New Mexico or Queen Elizabeth, it helps to know how guns work and for example what calibers will overmatch what. A New Mexico for example has a pretty good chance to crap on a T5, it has ok chances against most T6 and it will have a pretty hard time vs T7, while T8 will just crap on it. Because New Mexico 356 mm guns can penetrate t5 bow armour from any angle (so even if they go bow on, you can do good damage there), while its own T6 bow is only going to get overmatched in the same way by 38 cm or larger guns (half the T6, most T7 and all T8+). Add to that that you are slow and you really don't want to be in a position where you cannot bail if a higher tier BB shows up, or three. Other nations are faster and have more room to play with.

But as long as there is a DD between you and the enemy, it's pretty hard for an enemy DD to sneak up, so you are free to push closer. And yes, New york turns well. All slow BBs turn well. Mostly as they are more stubby, they have a smaller turning circle, while faster, longer BBs have larger turning circles and turn nowhere as tight (though they may turn as fast, as they have larger turning circles but higher speed to get through them).

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles
12 hours ago, Riselotte said:

while T8 will just crap on it.

Hahahaha well I crap on T8 too, as this happens:

15 hours ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

Unfortunately this is to be expected from potatoes with the huge range of BB's. "Why go closer and risk getting shot at when I can sit back here and fire away with no fear of retaliation?"

...last games I shot a T8, which was borderhugging. Sure, I didn't get the full salvo on him. 

But I just waited until he was broadside and then let him have it. used the spotter plane. 

Could reach him from half the map away, and since he was sort of stationary, kept taking 4-10k off him.

When the spotter plane was unavailable, I shot at CLs and CAs that were so dumb to sail broadside. 

Killed 2 plus that T8 BB (and he was mighty salty in chat about it). 

You can do good in a T6 vs T8. 

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
14 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Hahahaha well I crap on T8 too, as this happens:

...last games I shot a T8, which was borderhugging. Sure, I didn't get the full salvo on him. 

But I just waited until he was broadside and then let him have it. used the spotter plane. 

Could reach him from half the map away, and since he was sort of stationary, kept taking 4-10k off him.

When the spotter plane was unavailable, I shot at CLs and CAs that were so dumb to sail broadside. 

Killed 2 plus that T8 BB (and he was mighty salty in chat about it). 

You can do good in a T6 vs T8. 

Any tier can beat up a higher tier if they are dumb enough. Doesn't mean that given equal skill that should ever have happened (but hey, just go broadside and ignore the torp spamming cruiser that spams AP into your Bismarck broadside for massive damage... at least the first one had the excuse that Leander had smoke, but that other one...)

One thing worth noting though, border camping BBs are hardly ever a threat. Targets should be prioritised by how much they endanger your team winning the game and well, they certainly don't.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Any tier can beat up a higher tier if they are dumb enough. Doesn't mean that given equal skill that should ever have happened (but hey, just go broadside and ignore the torp spamming cruiser that spams AP into your Bismarck broadside for massive damage... at least the first one had the excuse that Leander had smoke, but that other one...)

Yup. Just slam-dunked a Gneisenau in my New Mex. He was going broadside like he was the King. Shot him 4 times, taking half his HP.

Well, he sort of was, in a (mostly) T5 game. And since I thought i had little chance of penetrating his front,

I loaded the HE... then he decides to sail straight into me (probbably since he has torps, too). 

Too late for his torps though as he got the full salvo right in the kisser, from 4 km distance LOL. 

One thing worth noting though, border camping BBs are hardly ever a threat. Targets should be prioritised by how much they endanger your team winning the game and well, they certainly don't.

Yep, I'll shoot anything that is closer or threatening friendlies first. 

But on some maps the whole lot hides behind mountains. Hey, gotta spend some ammo, right?

Can't let it sit there in the barrels. So then I shoot borderhuggers. In the end, they are a nuisance.

When you are capping and half the team is gone and everyone on half health, then they steam in.

Sometimes they do that when the DDs are dead. Let them burn & eat some AP.

BTW today I played the Clemson DD once more - forgot how funny that was. 

We got a game where we had 5 DDs each LMAO. 

Noticed that you can cirtadel a Danae with AP in a Clemson. 

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Noticed that you can cirtadel a Danae with AP in a Clemson. 

Even destroyer HE can citadel Danae, just aim at deck in midship behind superstructure.

You can check specific spot of that very flimsy citadel "roof" plating in armor viewer.

Kuma is also agreeably flimsy.

Below 5km you can pretty much spam AP unless they're auto-bounce angled.

Check minimap:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1parmmlfw53ql0k/Kuma Citadelled.jpg?dl=0

Everything missing citadel just overpens, like half of that salvo for that 500 on top of 5k.

Next salvo was IIRC better putting that Kuma out of its misery with three citadel hits.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles

LMAO, me and my son spent the rest of the day playing Akatsuki and Queen Elizabeth.

We even got some tier 9 games. Mostly tier 8. Huge fun, the amazement of the T9 players to see the Q,E.

And then the salty remarks when they get their buitts handed to them due to teamwork. 

We didn't lose a game. And we never ended in the bottom half either. :cap_win:

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
15 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

LMAO, me and my son spent the rest of the day playing Akatsuki and Queen Elizabeth.

We even got some tier 9 games. Mostly tier 8. Huge fun, the amazement of the T9 players to see the Q,E.

And then the salty remarks when they get their buitts handed to them due to teamwork. 

We didn't lose a game. And we never ended in the bottom half either. :cap_win:

Please don't pair ships of different tiers. Tyvm. QE has absolutely no business against T9. Ever. Nor any other T6 BB.

Players
7 posts
2,630 battles

Thank you everyone for kind words and advices :), i do watch videos about ships, what to do what or not to do with them, some gameplayes and replays and im trying to learn from them and not do similar mistakes. Maybe its true jumping from tier 6-7 to 8 and fighting matches with tier 9-10, it really feels way different. So i changed my playstyle a bit. Still i will use bismarck similar to gneisenau as mid to close range support brawler  with his fun secondary build ( secondary build on bismarck made me play german battleships ), and with north carolina i will not do same as bismarck,  i know that with bismarck i can tank quite alot and even more with proper angling, and with carolina nope, cuz like someone said "showing broadside with north carolina to other battleship is deathsentence), and no i didint do secondary guns build on carolina. Mostly my tactic on lower tiers was to go on side with less players to support that side and its almost always ended in sinking of that side. So ye i played some matches more safe and im making profit. Well i thinked few times about buying one premium ship and break my "f2p to the bones"  to produce more credits, my choice went and still is scharnhorst or tirpitz, but prices for them in my currency scares me a bit, at least for now.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles
On 8-7-2018 at 2:45 PM, Riselotte said:

Please don't pair ships of different tiers. Tyvm. QE has absolutely no business against T9. Ever. Nor any other T6 BB.

We still had fun anyway, did good in those games. 

Not like the T7 would be much better (T5 RN BB wasn't much worse either).

Besides, I do not have T7 BBs... yet. LOL. 

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
13 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

We still had fun anyway, did good in those games. 

Not like the T7 would be much better (T5 RN BB wasn't much worse either).

Besides, I do not have T7 BBs... yet. LOL. 

Then either play together with a T6 DD or wait till you have the T7. And yes, the KGV is better than the QE. It lacks the overmatch, but is better in all other areas. By mismatching tiers, you are basically cheating your team for a T7 BB, getting a T6 instead. And even if you were not useless, it might would have performed better than a T7. Even if the KGV was not better than the QE (though it is), even then your team basically got a QE in a slot where it could have gotten any T7, including Nagato, Hood, Lyon, Gneisenau, Nelson, etc ships that outclass the QE by far.

And even if one could argue "But we won, so why does it matter? To win harder?", it basically could be argued, Yes, to win harder. After all, what if any other T7 could have allowed you a play that would allow another person on your team to have a better game? What if it could, for example, preserve some other ship, because a Gneisenau could have been up there at the front already tanking, but slow QE was still underway and could only provide long-range support? Such is the reason mismatched divisions are frowned upon and why you get reported (deservedly), regardless of your performance, because it's just bad manners. 

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles

Then either play together with a T6 DD or wait till you have the T7. And yes, the KGV is better than the QE. It lacks the overmatch, but is better in all other areas. By mismatching tiers, you are basically cheating your team for a T7 BB, getting a T6 instead. And even if you were not useless, it might would have performed better than a T7. Even if the KGV was not better than the QE (though it is), even then your team basically got a QE in a slot where it could have gotten any T7, including Nagato, Hood, Lyon, Gneisenau, Nelson, etc ships that outclass the QE by far.

And even if one could argue "But we won, so why does it matter? To win harder?", it basically could be argued, Yes, to win harder. After all, what if any other T7 could have allowed you a play that would allow another person on your team to have a better game? What if it could, for example, preserve some other ship, because a Gneisenau could have been up there at the front already tanking, but slow QE was still underway and could only provide long-range support? Such is the reason mismatched divisions are frowned upon and why you get reported (deservedly), regardless of your performance, because it's just bad manners. 

Hogwash, the other team also got a T6 BB. LOL.

I just wonder how the MM did it. Went good though. 

Besides T10 they are all the same ships that were in WW2. 

Sometimes the BBs even fought in WW1.

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

Hogwash, the other team also got a T6 BB. LOL.

I just wonder how the MM did it. Went good though. 

Vs T8, yes. Vs T9, doubt it.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

Vs T8, yes. Vs T9, doubt it.

I'll try take a pic next time. I dunno how to, yet.

[POI--]
Players
3,161 posts
4,314 battles

Normal screen capture button. Creates a screenshot in the screenshot file in the WoWS files.

[AS13]
Players
1,098 posts
1,511 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Normal screen capture button. Creates a screenshot in the screenshot file in the WoWS files.

I'll have to look that up. I installed W7 for WoWs, too used to XP... 

[SIEGE]
Players
55 posts
4,955 battles

build your Bismarck and captain into secondaries and enjoy the light show when anything strays into 11.3km of you... nothing is more fun :3

Sign in to follow this