Atorpad

RPF for Yueyang

11 comments in this topic

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles

Hi

I see people using RPF on yueyang. is it useful? beacuse most of the times DDs are in the front line and you can not torp them !

[UNICS]
Players
2,781 posts
11,530 battles

In Random battles, it's a matter of preference. I do better/have more fun without. In Ranked and more so in CB you might have more use of it.

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

In Random battles, it's a matter of preference. I do better/have more fun without. In Ranked and more so in CB you might have more use of it.

I mean mostly in randoms

[UNICS]
Players
2,781 posts
11,530 battles

In non-div games, you can probably find better use of 4 captain points than RPF, imho. Some people like to use it. I don't. Made the game more boring.

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts

I have RPF on all my DD. Imo it is mandatory on all DD apart from Khaba.

As a DD captain, your priority job is to screen, tract, spot, drive away and kill enemy DD if possible. All other tasks come after these.

If you dedicate to search and destroy enemy DD, RPF is a skill that is crucial for success. Outfit your YY with radar and radar mod 1,  use it to spot enemy DD and allow your team to focus fire. Then drop detection and start capping. You can torp all you want after enemy DDs are dead. Before then, save all your HP for DD combats. Do not get greedy and fire your gun before you cleared your flank of any possible DD threat.

As DD captains, we play for the team's success. Personal success is just a good side bonus.

• Cool 3

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles
1 hour ago, Rionage said:

I have RPF on all my DD. Imo it is mandatory on all DD apart from Khaba.

As a DD captain, your priority job is to screen, tract, spot, drive away and kill enemy DD if possible. All other tasks come after these.

If you dedicate to search and destroy enemy DD, RPF is a skill that is crucial for success. Outfit your YY with radar and radar mod 1,  use it to spot enemy DD and allow your team to focus fire. Then drop detection and start capping. You can torp all you want after enemy DDs are dead. Before then, save all your HP for DD combats. Do not get greedy and fire your gun before you cleared your flank of any possible DD threat.

As DD captains, we play for the team's success, personal success is just a good side bonus.

Nice . but this requires team play ! how often do you think it happens on random battles?!

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
194 posts
9,552 battles

I always thought RPF was waste of 4 points until I tried it. Now I run it on all my DDs. It saved my life many times plus managed to get an occasional blind torp in 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts
On 7/11/2018 at 9:47 AM, Atorpad said:

Nice . but this requires team play ! how often do you think it happens on random battles?!

Not often enough  :cap_fainting:

But I am a strong believer that DD is the center of any team play in WOWS, so we must first take actions and display teamwork so other classes would follow. If someone must take actions to encourage others to work as a team, I am more than happy to be the first.

(However I am recently playing more cruisers because Worcester and radar mino are just so flipping fun for hunting DDs :cap_haloween:)

We are the Shepherd of the herd, and only when we make an example of ourselves, will the others fall in line. :cap_rambo:

On 7/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, quickr said:

I always thought RPF was waste of 4 points until I tried it. Now I run it on all my DDs. It saved my life many times plus managed to get an occasional blind torp in 

:Smile_honoring:

Great minds think alike, and that sounds like us :cap_haloween: 

I mainly play T10s, if you also play T10s mainly, maybe we can Div up sometimes. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 3

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,789 posts
6,431 battles

I run RPF on YueYang and I'll probably run it on Shimakaze too when I'll finally gets in the mood to grind her.

However these are the only DD where I find I may need it. Harekaze, Akizuki needs those 4 points on IFHE and other skills, and same for most of the DD I'm playing.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles

There's two parts to this answer:

First is what use do you get from RPF. Blind torping DDs based on RPF is out of the question, but it's still valuable information in the later game when ships have been sunk and the map is more open and you need to either avoid enemy DDs or perhaps hunt them down. Overall the information you can possibly gleam from the indicator, what it's pointing at and what it isn't pointing at.

Secondly, what other captain perks would you use instead? If you think you get more value out of another perk than what you get from RPF, then try it out and see how it goes.

Personally I use RPF on many of my DD and wouldn't want to trade because I find the informations to be very useful. It's also almost indispensable for more compettive gameplay such as in CBs and Ranked where you want to have every possible information advantage you can get.

• Cool 3

[AXIS]
Players
1,089 posts
2,385 battles

I personally never liked RPF. I'd prefer to use my own deduction, map awareness, experience and psychology in order to predict position of enemies. Usually I'm right. So I'd rather have skills that assist with improving the combat capabilities. Like the tier 3 skills. 

For competitive it's different. My z52 with cb fit does have RPF due to the triangulation you can do with allies on the minimap and voice coms. 

• Cool 1