Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
clocky

Duplicates

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
248 posts

So I'm deep into the American Cruiser collection having 35/48 collectables but now I'm a point I'm only getting only duplicates for weeks. Anyone having the same issue? 5 duplicates for 1 item is very slow and not sure you will be getting all of them in time (without spending on containers) . While I understand the financial aspect behind the item awarding algorithm (obviously indirectly trying to make you spend on containers) this is very frustrating.  The chance of duplicates is too high.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles

I'm at the stage of mostly getting duplicates too now; that said, I'm not too worried about not completing the collection - the ability to change camo schemes is rather limited; unlike the IJN equivalent, it doesn't work on permanent camo, rather reducing its usefulness to me.

That's unless I've missed a patch somewhere...?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, clocky sagte:

and not sure you will be getting all of them in time (without spending on containers) .

since this collection is not time limited you should not run out of time even if you get only duplicates

Zitat

The change of duplicates is too high.

what do you expect, you have already 35, only 13 are missing, so the chances for a duplicate are 35:13...

Beta Tester
248 posts

Ah so it's not time limited , then?  Don't know why I thought it is. Hmm

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Are you stockpiling all of your duplicates or spending them as soon as you get five to convert? Because doing the latter will make it take longer to complete the collection.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
248 posts

Learned to stockpile them because you are right (I came to the same conclusion)

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

Also getting mainly duplicates, but as has been said it is not really time restricted so I'm in no rush. And just stockpiling duplicates is the way to go.

• Cool 1

Players
174 posts

I don't seem to get any of the Blue uniform badges on the last 2 pages, so I am keeping all duplicates to fill those in.  Does it matter which container option you pick? or is it totally random............ just thinking.    I always use the Flags option, that could be why I don't get many of the uniform badges. I am waiting for about 3 items to complete the first sets,  and 8 items on the last 2 sets.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,879 posts
8 hours ago, TheRonson said:

Does it matter which container option you pick? or is it totally random............ just thinking.

Any container works. I only use TYL, and they drop as frequent (or infrequent) as with other containers.

Players
245 posts
11,497 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 5:03 PM, Verblonde said:

it doesn't work on permanent camo, rather reducing its usefulness to me.

It does work on permanent camo, unless my Fletcher is a special case.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,089 posts
2,385 battles
On 6-7-2018 at 7:03 PM, Verblonde said:

I'm at the stage of mostly getting duplicates too now; that said, I'm not too worried about not completing the collection - the ability to change camo schemes is rather limited; unlike the IJN equivalent, it doesn't work on permanent camo, rather reducing its usefulness to me.

That's unless I've missed a patch somewhere...?

Except you are wrong. It works perfectly on the permanent doubloon camos. It doesn't work on the special coloured camos or the camos that came from campaigns. Only the camos that only work on that specific line or that specific ship. Works the same way as the IJN counterpart. I really love the Sims colour shift. Makes it all a bit more lighter, a bit like the Black and Flint.

Monaghan also looks nice with the colour shift. But I don't like it on the Kidd or the Fletcher. The Kidd just gets a black top and light bottom, and I just love the Fletchers premium camo to bits.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles
5 hours ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

It does work on permanent camo, unless my Fletcher is a special case.

5 hours ago, stewie533 said:

Except you are wrong

You're both right - I went and checked the other evening, and couldn't then remember which thread I'd written the erroneous information on! Senior moment...

Anyway, I've been having a happy time messing with the permanent camo on those US ships where I've unlocked the relevant option.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this