You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Maihon

Vigilance ?

6 comments in this topic

Question

[TAW]
Players
68 posts
3,464 battles

Does anyone use Vigilance, it seems very underused ?

What is it supposed to represent in game...  expert /  more effective use of hydro ?

Doesn't it's name also sort of imply increased, more alert / effective visual scanning ? 

If so why wouldn't this skill also apply to enemy ships when hydro is active, maybe it might get more use then ?

5 answers to this question

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles

Yes !

It is Flamu's build for ZAO and HIV and MOSKVA

icon_Vigilance_dark.png

Vigilance

3 Extends ship's torpedo acquisition range. +25% to the detection range of enemy torpedoes. Provides additional time to react to incoming torpedoes. Stacks with both Target Acquisition System Modification 1(+50% to range of assured acquisition of enemy ships. / +20% to spotting range. / +20% to the acquisition range of torpedoes.) and Hydroacoustic Search (While active, detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, regardless of obstacles (such as smoke screens or islands).).

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Players
432 posts
9,182 battles

I use it on every DD that doesn't have hydro and that might sit in smoke for shooting, means US DDs and Akizuki, even before torp reload.

It's also what I put on JPN DDs as soon as I have 13 points captains.

So tired of taking stupid or random torps in DDs even in open waters. Now that I have it it very rarely happens.

I also use it on Zao, Des Moine since I usually play Def AA on them.

I don't play it on BBs because as one said once, "even if detected can you beat them anyway ?". If you think you might eat torps in BBs, then make sure to move elsewhere or angle against it, it's better.

Players
3,267 posts
6,857 battles
20 hours ago, ulysses_nemo said:

I don't play it on BBs because as one said once, "even if detected can you beat them anyway ?". If you think you might eat torps in BBs, then make sure to move elsewhere or angle against it, it's better.

Angling against torps doesn't work, if you want to take torpedo, take it on the bow/stern. Yes, it will be guaranteed flooding so keep R ready, but bow/stern sections have less hp, so despite lack of torpedo protection you might receive less damage due to dmg saturation. And that damage will be healable unlike amidship hit into torpedo belt, which count as citadel damage.

[UNICS]
Players
324 posts
4,515 battles

Aside from IJN torps there isn`t really much that Vigilance can help you with, and i belive this is why those points are generally better spend elsewhere.

Especially considering the not-so-recently introduced deepwater torpedoes that are completly undodgeable if you don`t see them coming.