Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

Players
145 posts

I have trouble finding several texture files which WOWS uses for certain items.

Maybe someone has the answer to the following questions.

(1) I am trying to find the file in that WOWS uses to indicate your main/favourite ship, the file should contain a green bar. I already found the file WOWS uses to indicate a unique commander, the file with the yellow bar. But I have had not luck finding the file with the green bar. Which file is it that contains the green bar that is used to indicate the main/favourite ship in the Graphical User Interface (GUI)?

(2) I am trying to find the file or files that are used for the gun turrets/superstructure and which is part of the "SNOWY" Camouflage Pattern that became available as rewards for the "New Year's Raid" campaign for the NEW MEXICO, ERNST GAEDE, QUEEN ELIZABETH, LA GALISSONIERE and FUSHUN. I presume it is one file, but I am not sure. In any event I can find the ones used for the hull but not the file used for the gun turrets/superstructure of the "SNOWY" Camouflage Pattern of the aforementioned five ships.

(3) I am trying to find the file or files that are used for the gun turrets/superstructure and which is part of the "CONGRATULATORY" Camouflage Pattern that became available as rewards for the "2 YEARS OF WORLD OF WARSHIPS" campaign for the KIEV, CHARLES MARTEL, NEW ORLEANS and Z-23. I presume it is one file, but I am not sure. In any event I can find the ones used for the hull but not the file or files used for the gun turrets/superstructure of the "CONGRATULATORY" Camouflage Pattern of the aforementioned five ships.

(4) I am trying to find the file or files that are used for the gun turrets/superstructure and which is part of the "TYPE 12" Camouflage Pattern that became available as rewards for the "SANTA'S CHRISTMAS CONVOYS" campaign for the LEANDER, FARRAGUT, BUDJONNY, FUSO, BAYERN and ADMIRAL GRAF SPEE. I presume it is one file, but I am not sure. In any event I can find the ones used for the hull but not the file or files used for the gun turrets/superstructure of the "TYPE 12" Camouflage Pattern of the aforementioned six ships.

(5) I am trying to find the files that are used for the Aircraft Icons during a WOWS match. I have found the ones that are used in port, but during a match WOWS uses different icons from the aircraft icons that are shown in port.

(6) I am trying to find the file or files that contains the snow flake or snow flakes that are displayed in the Hamburg Harbour.

Players
83 posts
5,245 battles

Since you write that you already found some camouflage files, I suppose you know how to use the Unpacker - to find the texture files of camouflages, unpack the current camouflages.xml using the Unpacker. Then look for the camouflage. That can be a bit tricky, as they may have a different name in the XML file than in the game. For example, the 2nd Anniversary Camouflages are called "WOWs birthday 2017". I don't know about the other camouflages you're looking for, you'll have to do some searching.

Once you find the entry, you can see which textures are used for the hull and the gun, for example:

<camouflage>
        <annotation>Charles Martel WOWs birthday 2017 unique permOflage block</annotation>
        <name>camo_WOWs_birthday_2</name>
        <targetShip>PFSC108_Charles_Martel</targetShip>
        <tiled>false</tiled>
        <UV>
            <Tile>1 1</Tile>
            <Gun>1 1</Gun>
        </UV>
        <Textures>
            <Bow_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/FSC014_Charles_Martel_1945_camo_02.dds</Bow_Hull>
            <MidFront_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/FSC014_Charles_Martel_1945_camo_02.dds</MidFront_Hull>
            <MidBack_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/FSC014_Charles_Martel_1945_camo_02.dds</MidBack_Hull>
            <Stern_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/FSC014_Charles_Martel_1945_camo_02.dds</Stern_Hull>
            <Gun>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/FGM040_203_55mm_Mle_1931_Triple_camo_01.dds</Gun>
        </Textures>
        <colorSchemes>colorSchemeWOWS02</colorSchemes>
    </camouflage>

Keep in mind that some camouflages use non-exclusive textures, like the gun texture of the 2nd Anniversary Camouflage for Z-23:

<camouflage>
        <annotation>Z23 WOWs birthday 2017 unique permOflage block</annotation>
        <name>camo_WOWs_birthday_2</name>
        <targetShip>PGSD108_Z_23</targetShip>
        <tiled>false</tiled>
        <UV>
            <Tile>1 1</Tile>
            <Gun>1 1</Gun>
        </UV>
        <Textures>
            <Bow_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/GSD007_Z23_1940_camo_02.dds</Bow_Hull>
            <MidFront_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/GSD007_Z23_1940_camo_02.dds</MidFront_Hull>
            <MidBack_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/GSD007_Z23_1940_camo_02.dds</MidBack_Hull>
            <Stern_Hull>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/GSD007_Z23_1940_camo_02.dds</Stern_Hull>
            <Gun>content/gameplay/common/camouflage/textures/G_gun_camo_01.dds</Gun>
        </Textures>
        <colorSchemes>colorSchemeWOWS02</colorSchemes>
    </camouflage>

That file is a generic monochrome file that is used for a lot of other camouflages as well (do a text search in the XML file and you'll see). If you mod that file, it changes for all the other camouflages as well. If you want to avoid that, you have to mod the XML file as well.

• Cool 1

Players
145 posts

@TheKingOfUm

Thanks that helps me find at least the ship camouflage pattern related files. How can I find the other texture files that are not ship camouflage pattern related?

Players
83 posts
5,245 battles

I only mod ships and camouflages, so I can't help you with the other textures, I'm afraid. Maybe you could download a mod that changes the elements that you are looking for and then look at the files in that mod. That's how I got my very first lessons in modding.

Players
145 posts

@TheKingOfUm

I did check for other mods that change the same files but there to my knowledge are no mods that change the in-match aircraft icons, the port green bar or port snow flakes.

There used to be a mod that changes the aircraft icons used in a match but that mod can no longer be downloaded so I could not check that mod.

To complicate matters further some files even when you change them apparently are not even used by the game when you put the modded file in the res mods folder. For example I changed the Airship LZ 127 GRAF ZEPPELIN file and also that of the Flying boat that is used in the Hamburg port but the changed files are not used by the Hamburg port only the original ones.

Players
145 posts

@Tuccy @MrConway

Could you please help me out here and ask someone from the WOWS Development team where to find the above mentioned files, specifically these files:

(1) I am trying to find the file in that WOWS uses to indicate your main/favourite ship, the file should contain a green bar. I already found the file WOWS uses to indicate a unique commander, the file with the yellow bar. But I have had not luck finding the file with the green bar. Which file is it that contains the green bar that is used to indicate the main/favourite ship in the Graphical User Interface (GUI)?

(2) ...

(3) ...

(4) ...

(5) I am trying to find the files that are used for the Aircraft Icons during a WOWS match. I have found the ones that are used in port, but during a match WOWS uses different icons from the aircraft icons that are shown in port.

(6) I am trying to find the file or files that contains the snow flake or snow flakes that are displayed in the Hamburg Harbour.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
5,865 battles

Hmm will ask, but will also try to summon @MedvedevTD right here, as he may know the answer already :)

• Cool 1

WG Team
72 posts
12 battles

Hello.
1. Indicate your main/favourite ship contained in the file service_lib.swf 

https://i.gyazo.com/71d664048c450358bbc61871e742821e.png

5. I don't understand which Aircraft icons you can't find.
If you show me in the screenshot, it will be easier for me to understand you and I will try to help you.

6. Snowflake is in one of the many DDS files, in which I do not remember now :(.
You should try to find this file yourself.

• Cool 1

Modder
1,230 posts
7,693 battles

Regarding 5:

hud_lib.swf contains the fighter symbols in the bottom. Minimap icons as well.

service_lib.swf contains the images seen in the port for the ship upgrades/modules. Never sure hwo they are called... those that y need to research with XP.

Hope this answers your question.

Players
145 posts

Update.

@TheKingOfUm @Tuccy @MedvedevTD @IsamuKondera

Thanks to all of you for your help! Thanks to you I have found most of the texture files that I was looking for.

(1) Thanks to @MedvedevTD his response I now know where to find the green favourite ship bar texture. I now only have to find out how to actually edit that service_lib.swf file.

(2) (3) (4) Thanks to @TheKingOfUm his response I have found all the "SNOWY", "CONGRATULATORY" and "TYPE 12" Camouflage Pattern gun turrets/superstructure texture files. I have now modded some of those gun turrets/superstructure texture files so these Camouflage Patterns look a bit more like authentic Camouflage Patterns. Some of them are used by other Camouflage Patterns as well so here and there one has to compromise when editing them.

(5) Thanks to @IsamuKondera his comments I have found some of the texture files that are used for the Carrier Aircraft Icons during a WOWS match.I now only have to find out how to actually edit the.swf files.

(6) @MedvedevTD I have found the file that contains the snow flake that is used in the Hamburg Harbour. The file is called "particles0.dds" and it is located in the folder "\particles\textures". The snow flake is in the top right corner of that file and I removed the snow flake texture from that file and as a result I do not have to look at snow flakes any more in the WOWS Hamburg Harbour. Having no snow is more appropriate during the summer!

(ad 5) @MedvedevTD To answer your question: the Aircraft Icons I refer to are the Carrier Aircraft Icons at the bottom of the screen that appear during a match. They are used to indicate the ammunition status of the Squadrons of an Aircraft Carrier during a match. These Icons have Bullets, Bombs and Torpedoes which change from coloured "full" ones to empty "outline" ones when the ammunition is expended by the Squadron Aircraft during the match. Apparently there are two sets of those. One Carrier Aircraft set is used for the icons in the Harbour (those are in dds files and I had already found and modded them) and the other Carrier Aircraft set is used for the icons during a match (those apparently are in swf files).

@MedvedevTD @Tuccy regarding the swf files I have a question: are players allowed to edit/mod the swf files? I seem to remember someone stating that editing those swf files was not allowed because it could be used for cheating. Is that right? If so then please let me know because then I will not do anything with those swf files. And if it is allowed to edit swf files, how do you at WOWS advise me to edit them? With what tools?

Sign in to follow this