You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Kronshtadt - enlighten me

55 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles

Hello Caps!
Got back after long-ish break and was pleasantly surprised that the next Free XP Ship is not a BB (but it kinda is, right? :) )
Anyway I watched the Flolo's video where he nicely summed up the strengths and weaknesses - cool.

One thing that bothers me is, that some (a lot of) people in the comments seemed to believe that the ship's dispersion was nerfed on launch.
Is this true?

How good is Kronshtadt? What is your personal experience with it (be it on the dealing, or receiving end)?
EDIT: I see it can't get Hydro, according to http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kronshtadt in contrary of what Flolo has shown in his video.

Thank you :)
image.png.5f823d841ae78f32838a72e8ff9163b7.png

[CATS]
Players
13,608 posts
10,385 battles

Changes before launch are called development.

Some people seem to prefer ships with less development.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,514 battles

Dispersion is good enough, sometime it can be a bit frustrated but Kron need it. [:o]

I mean it's already a tier "10" cruiser. :/

• Cool 1

Players
59 posts
5,335 battles

its is not proven that the ship got nerfed on launch......the dispersion is similar to what i have on Graf Spee.....somewhere between BB and CA.......on the other hand i think she is very squishy with the 25mm all around

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
231 posts
9,832 battles

No its dispersion was buffed,from the first variant(that was all over the place)

Its have now:

A Standard Damge controll(it got the one whit the charges some point)

Def AA or Spotter plane

Radar

and a Heal

ATM sits as the Strongest T9 cruiser by stats(because its not realy a cruiser:Smile_smile:)

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Changes before launch are called development.

Some people seem to prefer ships with less development.

Not sure I get your point,

development is all fine and all, but it would be nice to have the changelog at one's disposal.

Sneaky changes before launch (after the CCs made their reviews)  may be called "development", but the motive for it seems less than pure.

[CATS]
Players
13,608 posts
10,385 battles

The CC got the final variant. Make sure not to watch older videos.

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles

The dispersion can be trollish (broadsiding minotaur at 9 km? HA overpens. Angled Roon at 17km? LOL Triple cit.) but overall it's a very decent max-mid range dmg dealer. I almost use exclusively AP when I sail her since it deals very decent dmg (including the lol-pen on dds). Because it is quite a juicy target for longerange HE spammers like a zao or Hindi I tend to stay with the fleet. Being left alone on a flank often means a short life for a kronstad. 

Also, you can bounce quite a lot of AP if you angle right. Sure, yamato will f you up and you can't talk multiple bbs for a prolonged period of time but it can be very tanky.

My verdict: it is fun to play.

• Cool 2

Players
59 posts
5,335 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

The dispersion can be trollish (broadsiding minotaur at 9 km? HA overpens. Angled Roon at 17km? LOL Triple cit.) but overall it's a very decent max-mid range dmg dealer. I almost use exclusively AP when I sail her since it deals very decent dmg (including the lol-pen on dds). Because it is quite a juicy target for longerange HE spammers like a zao or Hindi I tend to stay with the fleet. Being left alone on a flank often means a short life for a kronstad. 

Also, you can bounce quite a lot of AP if you angle right. Sure, yamato will f you up and you can't talk multiple bbs for a prolonged period of time but it can be very tanky.

My verdict: it is fun to play.

u do know that every t8 and higher bb can overmatch nose, aft and uperbelt?

[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles
6 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

Yes and sure you eat some citadels each game but so what? It is not like the ships lacks the hitpoints to take a punch. 

• Cool 1

Players
59 posts
5,335 battles

no but if u compare it to the competition of armored cruisers shes lacking.......feels like a DM with bigger guns

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,514 battles
2 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

no but if u compare it to the competition of armored cruisers shes lacking.......feels like a DM with bigger guns

Sure let's compare to armor of other cruiser at the same tier...

Errr can we really compare to them ? Because no Kron don't blow up if a BB look at it wrong, hp pool + armor angle, make it very tanky and if it lack armor for you, what is Ibuki ? A tugboat ? :=

• Funny 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,025 posts
13,592 battles

Her guns can troll you sometimes but she sits very low in the water and she has a nice thick belt that negates a lot of the damage unless the enemy battleships know what they're doing. The health pool is also very nice to try to outbrawl ships at very close ranges but keep in mind that you will need to conserve health if you want to effectively pull that off. You can't just angle and let shells bounce harmlessly off your entire side like the Moskva. Overall she is a very unique ship that has a lot of appeal. Certainly better than that floating garbage pile Seattle.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
59 posts
5,335 battles
3 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Sure let's compare to armor of other cruiser at the same tier...

Errr can we really compare to them ? Because no Kron don't blow up if a BB look at it wrong, hp pool + armor angle, make it very tanky and if it lack armor for you, what is Ibuki ? A tugboat ? :=

ok if u compare her to t9 only roon has somewhat armor.....but she only looks like a t9.....with the health and the guns shes more fitted for tX

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles

Great input thanks a lot!

How about it's credit making potential?
As good as Mo? Or Musashi like? Or worse?
:)

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,206 posts
11,015 battles

The dispersion didn't get nerfed, Flamu just aims better than those players :Smile_trollface:

Vor 2 Minuten, Blixies sagte:

How about it's credit making potential?
As good as Mo? Or Musashi like? Or worse?
:)

Worse than Mo, about the same as Musashi.

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The dispersion didn't get nerfed, Flamu just aims better than those players :Smile_trollface:

I suspected as much, but I'm glad I have it confirmed here :)

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,042 posts
4,580 battles
45 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

I know it is completely unrelated..

but do you know they can't do that to my beloved moskva anymore!!!

STALINıUM BITCCHEESS!!!

[NED]
Players
1,568 posts
5,789 battles

Nothing will ever make as much money as the mo wg said it was a mistake.

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles
12 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Oh I wasn't aware of that :)

Good thing I grabbed it while I could then

[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,846 battles
41 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

It wasn't for me. :Smile_coin:

I not only love the history of the ship (and the Japanese surrender table), but also won't say no to those sweet silver credits.

PS: Loved the Steven Seagal port animation too. A pity it had to be removed.

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles

Thanks everybody for their two cents. 

Gotta say I missed this forum perhaps more than I missed the game itself. The community here is something special I would say :)

• Cool 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,206 posts
11,015 battles

Special indeed :Smile_hiding:

You should read some other threads in the forum, mainly those that got closed by Mods/Admins ^^

[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,846 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Special indeed :Smile_hiding:

You should read some other threads in the forum, mainly those that got closed by Mods/Admins ^^

They even have their own vehicle that brings them to the battle:

Spoiler

a3423d67-449a-4ea0-b.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,771 battles

My impressions, though keep in mind it's my highest-tier ship that I play:

- The AP is good on unangled things only. It's not enough to overmatch even t8+ cruiser armor or any BB armor, so don't expect BB penetration. Personally I use HE as my go-to ammo type, and the reload with MAM3 (16s) is good enough for opportunistic use of AP.

- VS heavy cruisers, angling will help a lot since they certainly can't overmatch 25mm either. Then they switch to HE and, well, Kron is a mixed bag against that. Of course you get HE-penned, you're a big target and can't dodge much of anything. OTOH you have a large HP pool and standard CA DCP. Fire duration is 45s.

- Between BB concealment, t7 BB armor, BB-like rudder and BB size, you eat about as much damage as a t7 BB in a t9 battle. Against BBs, keep your distance, do not bowtank and rely on your comparatively favorable dispersion to whittle it down with HE and fires.

- Service cost is 32k, but you will spend more than that on ammo. Earnings, I don't know the modifier, but enough to make a profit in co-op and make back your 4 premium consumables in pvp unless you really mess up.

- The big decision to make when outfitting it is rudder -40% vs. detection -10%. Given that the reload is 16-18s, it's not really appropriate for fading out or alpha strikes like a BB is. I went with rudder, it's less situational than stealth. But you really have to hang back and be mindful of enemy BBs at all times. PT is great to have.

- Turret firing arcs are very favorable and good for kiting. If you've played semi-BB Graf Spee and cursed its turret arcs, this is way better.