Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

"Mighty massachusetts"

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts

I just got an ingame notification that 1x "mighty Massachusetts" is availible for me to buy. So

- Ship has allready been out for sale

- They are now saying i may only buy 1 of them....

- Is this a limited time offer? Is the ship going to be removed from the shop permamently?

I kinda feel like this ingame message, and allowing me to buy it 1 time sounds like a pretty shitty sales trick unless this is a 1 of a life time opportunity, and that the ship will be removed -forever-

Any one know?

[CATS]
Players
13,629 posts
10,385 battles

It is normal marketing. They are just telling you that you can buy the ship. You are interpreting too much into the message.

And it looks like the ship will be on sale longer and not removed permanently when the sale runs out.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

Many of the special ship offers are "one per player". Those are the ones you have to be logged in to see in the shop.

It's basically a way for them to be able to control who can buy what. Theoretically it could mean that we can get individual offers in the future. But so far it has only been used to give "early access" to Massachusetts for owners of premium account subscription.

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

- They are now saying i may only buy 1 of them....

Why would I want to buy more then 1 premium ship of the same type ? ^^ Oh wait, I have figured it out: When I die, I can go back to port and start a game again with the 2nd Massachusetts! Dont have to wait for the other round to end - brilliant ! :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 9

[ONE2]
Players
2,312 posts
13,602 battles

Sssooo... In keeping with the time-honored naval  tradition. Are we going to her the "Mighty MA" then? :cap_hmm:

ma.jpg.ee4543876de2929e4de2099da360a23c.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
6,921 posts
9,129 battles
9 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Why would I want to buy more then 1 premium ship of the same type ? ^^ Oh wait, I have figured it out: When I die, I can go back to port and start a game again with the 2nd Massachusetts! Dont have to wait for the other round to end - brilliant ! :Smile_glasses:

But you also need a second captain for that then!

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,189 battles
9 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Sssooo... In keeping with the time-honored naval  tradition. Are we going to her the "Mighty MA" then? :cap_hmm:

ma.jpg.ee4543876de2929e4de2099da360a23c.jpg

She's a very dirty girl from what I've seen so far.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
753 posts
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

That's the point. With WG spesifying that you can buy 1, makes it sound like it will never be on the shelf again. As it would be implyed it is a restriction. 

Players
191 posts
4,763 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

It means you cant buy another one, with the same bonuses, as a gift for another person.

its "only for you".

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

And because only people with premium account can get this "pre" release, before the freebies can purchase it

[CATS]
Players
13,629 posts
10,385 battles
3 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

...before the freebies can purchase it

Find the error...

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Find the error...

Let me rephrase it. people without premium accounts who however buy premium ships... Better?

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,884 battles
4 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

Let me rephrase it. people without premium accounts who however buy premium ships... Better?

Very much so far better phrased 

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
238 posts
11,633 battles
10 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Wouldn't work, as you can have only one individual ship in port. To do that you need something like ARP Kongoes, which are identical in performance, but game handles them as separate ships.

The reason WG uses "You can only buy one" is failures on WoT side. There they did some nice special offer bundles that could be used to buy "gold" at much cheaper price than buying gold directly. This was possible because compensation for _bought_ duplicate tank/ships is given in gold/duploons (if you receive tank/ship as a reward it is compensated in credits).

Of course some people used that loop hole to stack up gold in massive amounts. By limiting special offer to "only once" people can't abuse duploon compensation to get cheap duploons, or they can do it only once if they already had said ship in port.

Sign in to follow this