Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Excavatus

New Season of Clan Battles!

39 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,043 posts
4,580 battles

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Since the ranked battles ended and new CB season started,

I thought, It would be good to open a discussion thread about this.

And May be It would be better to pin this at the start after removing RB season 9 topic. @MrConway care to help?

Anyway, It's been 3 days since the CB started (active playing days)

Going good. My only concern is the maps.

Rotation is not looking good!

Last night, We played 9 battles in CB, and 5 of them was in the sleeping giant!

On the other hand, I want to share another oobservation,

In one battle, there were 2 moskvas, side by side, bow on, little angled, 1/4 speed pushing into cap, constantly radaring.
that was one hell of a problem to deal with...

Good luck to all!

Hope to see you in the sea!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Let's just say I'm not content with the changes to hot spot and the introduction of warrior's path, for now. Oh and there needs to be something done about map rotation. 4 times the same map in a row really is no fun. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,369 posts
6,120 battles

Yesterday was the first night of Clans for us (1st team) and ending with mixed results, got to play offs but didn't go up this time. Should do tonight tho.

I think we are still undecided on the ship selection, manly 1 or 2 DDs :cap_hmm: and a few tweaks here and their.  Changes to the maps have thrown a few DD's players off and need to look at our positioning better. Positioning of ships is paramount but so is being flexible. 

I think the Z52 is a fantastic DD in clans but only one player has it (2nd team) at the moment so it's knowing what ships to use, but not actually having them is a pain. 

Map rotation is awful, playing warrior's path 3 times in a row then hotspot twice, break then hotspot again.

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Players
233 posts
9,911 battles

Map rotation is still a big problem. I had Warriors Path once, SoF once, two times Sleeping Giant and rest splits up in Hotspot and Mountain Range from my 15 games. 

Ah, what I forgot anyone encountered a bug where the division sometimes changed the rating? Yesterday we had the problem that the rating switched suddenly from Alpha to Bravo after we finished a game. On Sunday after we rotated some players it switched the Bravo rating to Alpha. Kinda strange. And the Clan color isnt switching sometimes you move up a new league. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,369 posts
6,120 battles
17 minutes ago, konean said:

Map rotation is still a big problem. I had Warriors Path once, SoF once, two times Sleeping Giant and rest splits up in Hotspot and Mountain Range from my 15 games. 

Ah, what I forgot anyone encountered a bug where the division sometimes changed the rating? Yesterday we had the problem that the rating switched suddenly from Alpha to Bravo after we finished a game. On Sunday after we rotated some players it switched the Bravo rating to Alpha. Kinda strange. And the Clan color isnt switching sometimes you move up a new league. 

Same thing happened to us yesterday! Bravo lost and went on our flick.  Good point, forgot to bring this up too.

@MrConway ??

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
421 posts
7,491 battles

Map rotation is based on RNG. What seems to you a lack of variation might be just coincidence. You need more details such as what are the maps distributions during a CB session among every battle played. 

In addition, WG probably have a mechanism to adjust MM to give particular maps or favor some ship configuration for internal purpose such as testing. 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,043 posts
4,580 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

1/4 Speed? --> Torpedos

The problem was, our gearing died early, and our shima get hammered anytime he decided to get close to torp.. They had a desmo, on the next island..

They chained the radar.. they had hydro...

I was too busy on the other cap on defense.. don't know exactly what happened.

But after the battle, they said, 2 Moskvas, side by side.. bow on, slowly pushing.. was the thing..

I guess.. we were not prepared for that kind of tactic.. may be next time it would be different..

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,677 battles

My clan can't get 7 players together, AGAIN.

As a deputy, I've started getting quite clear on it - play or you'll be shown the door. We have 33 members and players who decline invites during CBs :etc_swear: meaning we somehow can't get 7 in a div for a few hours.

Anyone want a 57% WR improving Cruiser main? 

[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles
7 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Same thing happened to us yesterday! Bravo lost and went on our flick.  Good point, forgot to bring this up too.

@MrConway ??

Isn't it just bravo exceeding alpha pointwise and thus taking alpha's spot? 

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Players
233 posts
9,911 battles

At least from us I can tell you thats not the case. Bravo was always behind Alpha points wise.

Players
1,472 posts
5,740 battles

Our clan plays currently in the upper end of Squall Group II.

We played 26 games so far.

14 against other Squall Clans.

9 against Clans from the Gale League.

3 against Clans from the Storm League.

As this is my first season of clan battles, I have to ask: The MM is as "polished" as in Random Battles?!?!

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,636 posts
10,385 battles

You have to wait a bit. Clans need time to get to their rating and not enough clans are in the upper leagues for MM --> forced to play vs weaker clans.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,922 posts
9,129 battles

One trivial question about the current season:

Did WG change the colours for the clantags that represent their current league? Pretty sure it used to be bronze for Squall, silver for Gale, gold for Storm and platinum/sky blue for Typhoon, plus with the second season purple for Hurricane.

But right now us Scrubs are in Storm and you can see the clantag colour is definately not the usual gold, instead the platinum/sky blue that was previously used for Typhoon league. Haven't seen any mention in the news article, so if anyone has details as to how they changed the colour-coding, that'd be neat.

edit://

Looks like it's mostly a forum issue, because if I look in the clan rating on the ingame clan tab the colour is the usual gold ...

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Well, after playing a bit I can say it is pretty much like the seasons before it. Being that we finished in the top 20 last season, we are facing a lot of tough opponents (WGP2W, WGP2L, GRAY, OP, etc.), so absolute a-game is demanded. 

Since we have quite a few new members we came up just short a couple of times, but more experience and getting used to will fix that. 

I'm rather confident and happy cw is back.

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
6,765 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Looks like it's mostly a forum issue,

Yeah, the clantag color update on forums is almost always delayed, updated on intervals or just otherwise a victim of quality prokramink.

1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Did WG change the colours for the clantags that represent their current league?

No, the colors are the same they used to be. Also Typhoon color is more like greenish than platinum/sky blue, atleast for my eye.

Made a quick comparison of various leagues:

ClanTagColorComparison_Squall_Gale_Storm_Typhoon.png.7c6eb021705430f8ea8d31d3f90dea1a.png

[TIPC]
Players
331 posts
15,328 battles

can anyone explain me why they dont open up the timetables like ranks..it would be more participation so more fun..and more clans to play from the same leage will be exist...

p.s does the top clan in the end of the season take any special reward?

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,109 battles
On 6.7.2018 at 6:29 PM, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

p.s does the top clan in the end of the season take any special reward?

his name and tag gets mentioned on the loading screen of the map which the season is named after 

On 5.7.2018 at 10:56 AM, konean said:

Yesterday we had the problem that the rating switched suddenly from Alpha to Bravo after we finished a game. 

we had it after we changed team leader, from someone who played  the day before in alpha, to one who played bravo before. After 1 game the next was bravo rated. we didn't test it further 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,872 posts
2,152 battles
On 7/5/2018 at 7:37 AM, Excavatus said:

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Since the ranked battles ended and new CB season started,

I thought, It would be good to open a discussion thread about this.

And May be It would be better to pin this at the start after removing RB season 9 topic. @MrConway care to help?

Anyway, It's been 3 days since the CB started (active playing days)

Going good. My only concern is the maps.

Rotation is not looking good!

Last night, We played 9 battles in CB, and 5 of them was in the sleeping giant!

On the other hand, I want to share another oobservation,

In one battle, there were 2 moskvas, side by side, bow on, little angled, 1/4 speed pushing into cap, constantly radaring.
that was one hell of a problem to deal with...

Good luck to all!

Hope to see you in the sea!

Good idea! :)

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,872 posts
2,152 battles
On 7/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, Redcap375 said:

@MrConway ??

Please post a bug report in the current update thread on clan battles with screenshots should it happen again, I'll report it.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,189 battles
On 7/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, Mr_Tayto said:

My clan can't get 7 players together, AGAIN.

As a deputy, I've started getting quite clear on it - play or you'll be shown the door. We have 33 members and players who decline invites during CBs :etc_swear: meaning we somehow can't get 7 in a div for a few hours.

Anyone want a 57% WR improving Cruiser main? 

OMG ! We are doing OK always have enough for one team and so we swap people out to give everybody that wants ago the chance. Issue for us is real life must always be allowed to take priority, as is right. Kids, partners and work are all necessary evils.. Just wish CB times and dates could be extended.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,677 battles

Agree that real life is a priority. I have two kids and a job that takes me away overnights sometimes, and my clan mate is a nurse and occasionally works weeks of nights.

The problem is people being online and ignoring the clan because it doesn't suit them...

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,124 posts
2,189 battles
47 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

The problem is people being online and ignoring the clan because it doesn't suit them...

Then they don't really deserve to be part of your clan. Sounds like you need to chop out some dead wood.

Clan = community so what is the point of being part of one. The social interaction and ability to div with people I now call friends is so much fun.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,677 battles
1 hour ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Then they don't really deserve to be part of your clan. Sounds like you need to chop out some dead wood.

Clan = community so what is the point of being part of one. The social interaction and ability to div with people I now call friends is so much fun.

That's alright mate. On the basis of my first post in this thread I quit my clan (despite being deputy) because I couldn't see where we were going to improve things, but also got an invite to a better clan:Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this