Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chazwozza

Born in the USA Baltimore camo

30 comments in this topic

[-5D4-]
Players
776 posts

Any way we can use this camo but have the visuals turned off as we can for the manga rubbish because frankly it makes the Baltimore look a C***

• Cool 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Don't think so. Main reason why I personally don't give a crap about these American missions, these camos for the cruisers look like hot garbage juice smells.

2gy574z.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles

Its ugly indeed. Muricans probably love it though. 

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles
18 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Its ugly indeed. Muricans probably love it though. 

<- Not american but still likes them. Freedom and sh*t! :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,022 battles

I suppose one must (grudgingly) give WG points for referencing the Art Deco eagles on the Chrysler building...?

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles
16 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Yeah, freedom to have bad taste :Smile_trollface:.

Exactly!

Freedom.

Some like it some don't.

Some think this is Art:

main-qimg-246c1220d1583a98b438d77cab549a

Some don't.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
13 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Exactly!

Freedom.

Some like it some don't.

Some think this is Art:

main-qimg-246c1220d1583a98b438d77cab549a

Some don't.

Actually, there's a pretty strong consensus that this is. Not everyone think this looks nice, but it being art is not often questioned.

You should've posted the blue line (you know the one) or something like this :Smile-_tongue:

And the camo really is quite in line with contemporary aesthetics :Smile_teethhappy: Both in the US and elsewhere. Just look at the architecture of that period...

Then again, it's admittedly quite a departure from warships' look and feel so it might make sense to introduce a filter options for things like this, along with Texas premium camo (you know the one), Revolusya's camo (you also know the one), Harekaze's cat camo (other HSF camos are very in line with "stadard" ship aesthetics), Haida's CANADA camo and probably some others that I've forgotten right now.

Then again. I'd really like a filter that would re-paint Ocean Soul camo for me :Smile_teethhappy: Seriously, how can you people get so worked up about these perma camos for Cleveland and Baltimore when Ocean Soul exists :Smile-_tongue:

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

I'm a bit torn with this "camo", because while I dislike the art style, I have to admit it's a well done model. While I can't say it's tasteful, it is stylish. I can sort of accept it as "art" I just simply do not like, compared to say, Kobayashi Roma which I am still unable to decode in any sort of way other than "da'hell?"

Players
1,974 posts
5,905 battles
33 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

I'm a bit torn with this "camo", because while I dislike the art style, I have to admit it's a well done model. While I can't say it's tasteful, it is stylish. I can sort of accept it as "art" I just simply do not like, compared to say, Kobayashi Roma which I am still unable to decode in any sort of way other than "da'hell?"

From what I saw of the Kobayashi camos, I liked all of them. I liked the design and the art and the picked colors. But I didn't like that beer can.

I haven't made up my mind yet about the eagle camos, I think I should try it out a couple times to see if I like it or not. Chances are my liking could end up anywhere.

Heck, I'd even sail a pirate ship camo (or a halloween one).

Players
199 posts
6,357 battles

I appreciate it purely from the talent that went in to its creation, it's a bit excessive, the gun casements are nice, and the Eagle on the super structure is really cleverly done & absolutely beautiful modelling but way to much.

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles
8 hours ago, chazwozza said:

Any way we can use this camo but have the visuals turned off as we can for the manga rubbish because frankly it makes the Baltimore look a C***

Unlike the manga stuff, I think the American Freedom should be enforced on everyone.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[-5D4-]
Players
776 posts

Its just that it no longer looks like a warship if it were just paint although still bad I could bring myself to play the ship.This however changes the ship in a way that in now looks like it belongs in a toddlers bathtub lol

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
645 posts
2,700 battles

I have to admit I like the over-the-top patriotic camos in the game. It's just overdone to the point of being parodic, and then it just gets funny. So whenever I get around to unlocking the Baltimore, I'll definitely be using this one.

(How do you get the the Cleveland one? Completing the American cruiser collection?)

3 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Unlike the manga stuff, I think the American Freedom should be enforced on everyone.

Heh. Well played.

• Cool 1

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles

I dont like this Freedom camo's either. At first when I saw Balti mission for camo, I tought it will be stars 'n' stripes, like Worchester and Texas have but nope.

I will gladly pass this chain of missions. 

• Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
305 posts

It is something you do anyway by playing. :P

Not particulary a fan of that camo, but, it is a free camo. And if you see a ship wearing it, get triggered and sink it. :cap_rambo:

Edit: I would kind of like it, if it was just grey.  But the colors ruin it for me. Form is nice.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
3 hours ago, josykay said:

It is something you do anyway by playing. :P

Not particulary a fan of that camo, but, it is a free camo. And if you see a ship wearing it, get triggered and sink it. :cap_rambo:

Edit: I would kind of like it, if it was just grey.  But the colors ruin it for me. Form is nice.

Not really. If some mission requires specific kill number and you are not stinky ''player'' who trying to snipe kills when enemy ships are low HP, then its not ''pick up on the way''.

For example; this one require 12 kills for stage 3, but I wont get even 5 of them because sniping kills (or ''kill secure'' how plebs would call that) is not my thing.

But I dont care, I dont like this ''eagle'' camo anyway.:cap_popcorn:

• Boring 1

Players
42 posts
20,268 battles

Why did they have to make Cleveland and Baltimore to look like Circus tents in childrens playground, instead of bad [edited]war machine camouflages.

image.png.b7e2947f1ec9c3ebb8fbd701a81bd873.png

• Cool 1

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
2 hours ago, _LordLucan said:

easy fix, never leave sniper view :Smile_hiding:

I got better idea:  Use Aslain mod for other camos.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
13 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

For example; this one require 12 kills for stage 3, but I wont get even 5 of them because sniping kills (or ''kill secure'' how plebs would call that) is not my thing.

"I'm too good to play well and get good results".

The generic excuse.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,070 battles
On 4.7.2018 at 10:29 PM, chazwozza said:

As far as I know every of those "special" camos become unusable (no bonus for those) when you turn the visuals off.

On 5.7.2018 at 12:30 AM, eliastion said:

Then again, it's admittedly quite a departure from warships' look and feel so it might make sense to introduce a filter options for things like this, along with Texas premium camo (you know the one), Revolusya's camo (you also know the one), Harekaze's cat camo (other HSF camos are very in line with "stadard" ship aesthetics), Haida's CANADA camo and probably some others that I've forgotten right now.

Oi! Don't you diss on the best frggin camo in this game! :etc_red_button::fish_glass::cap_haloween: (also you forgot the space and halloween camos :Smile_hiding:)

Spoiler

1_1.jpg

16 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Not really. If some mission requires specific kill number and you are not stinky ''player'' who trying to snipe kills when enemy ships are low HP, then its not ''pick up on the way''.

If you are playing normaly you should pick up enough kills on the way. This has nothing to do with "killstealing", (which is fine too as it removes guns from the enemy) it is about pulling your own weight and doing enough damage that there has to be some lethals between it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this