Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rotiz

How can I fire my guns before they're fully aimed at the target??

9 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
598 battles

I've seen many, many videos online of people shooting their guns before the aiming reticles are fully centered, while still firing accurately.

A good example would be this video:

So I'm wondering, what's going on here? Is this a bug or a feature? And if this is a feature, how can I do it myself?

[POP]
Players
289 posts
7,161 battles

That might be an artefact from the replay. Sometimes when you fast forward a replay the aiming reticles and guns get desynced.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
598 battles
Just now, Altsak said:

That might be an artefact from the replay. Sometimes when you fast forward a replay the aiming reticles and guns get desynced.

Makes sense. Thanks for the insight.

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Short answer: You can't. 

Long answer: No way, Jose, game mechanics don't allow it, what you're seeing is a desync in the replay as pointed out above.

[SCRUB]
Players
558 posts
10,584 battles

A bit of off topic, but Ctrl + X and Shift + X lock your guns which comes in handy sometimes 

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
1 minute ago, Freyr_90 said:

A bit of off topic, but Ctrl + X and Shift + X lock your guns which comes in handy sometimes 

Also can easily get you killed if you forget which side your guns are locked on or someone comes at you from the other side..

[IRQ]
Players
2,691 posts
6,353 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Also can easily get you killed if you forget which side your guns are locked on or someone comes at you from the other side..

If someone comes at you from the other side, it proably wouldn't have mattered much, since you're caught off guard anyway. In that case which side you've locked your guns on doesn't matter, since they'd be in the wrong position anyway.

I mainly use aim lock on battleships when I'm turning my guns around to the other side. Otherwise I just look to one side and right click to lock aim while I'm looking elsewhere, since it doesn't take that long time.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

There's a replay bug where the guns will graphically track to where the freecam is looking, while shots fired will still go to where they were aimed in game.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
26 minutes ago, Rotiz said:

So I'm wondering, what's going on here? Is this a bug or a feature? And if this is a feature, how can I do it myself?

As I understand it, the reticules in the replay simply follow wherever the screen is pointing irrespective of where the guns were pointing in the actual game. So an instance where someone in a game used RMB or Ctrl + X to hold his guns in place while looking around will result in the reticules being decoupled from the guns as you often see in replays, like the one you linked in the video.

Sign in to follow this