Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VC381

Why are clan battles excluded from mission progression?

46 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles

Ranked is usually included as an available battle type to complete weekly missions so why not CB?

• Cool 4

[KAKE]
Players
652 posts
2,712 battles

Probably because the intent behind the mission is to reduce queuing times in random battles.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles

It starts with the fact that you cant get achievements in CB. Then it depends on what missions are you talking about.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,895 posts

Because Clan Battles are about one thing, and one thing only: WINNING. (that's also why everyone gets the same XP payout on a victory, because sometimes a sacrifice is needed to secure the victory).  

Having a mission running will make that there are 2 goals, and players will not be 100% focussed on the main goal, which is winning.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
Just now, Profilus said:

It starts with the fact that you cant get achievements in CB. Then it depends on what missions are you talking about.

Yep.

Also some would just be too easy in CW, like anything that requires X amount of base xp.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,632 posts
6,502 battles

Because CW can easily be rigged. Too easy.

Just look at the history of CW in WoT. Nothing more to say. And thus totally understandable that WG prevents this.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
2 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Yep.

Also some would just be too easy in CW, like anything that requires X amount of base xp.

Thanks to it legendary upgrades missions are fine for people who play CB :cap_haloween:

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles
5 minutes ago, Profilus said:

You don't get achievements? Really?

5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Because Clan Battles are about one thing, and one thing only: WINNING. (that's also why everyone gets the same XP payout on a victory, because sometimes a sacrifice is needed to secure the victory).  

Having a mission running will make that there are 2 goals, and players will not be 100% focussed on the main goal, which is winning.

I don't think so. You focus on the win, play how you would normally, but then make some mission progress anyway (more by luck and coincidence but better than nothing)

1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Because CW can easily be rigged. Too easy.

Just look at the history of CW in WoT. Nothing more to say. And thus totally understandable that WG prevents this.

Don't know the WoT history. But if it's so easy, are people rigging WR here?

Beta Tester
3,632 posts
6,502 battles
Just now, VC381 said:

But if it's so easy, are people rigging WR here?

It is not about WR, but more about achieving specific goals!

Doing 100.000 damage to [something]?

Getting spotting damage?

Be the first to spot?

ect. ect.

No problem if both teams (clans) talk to each other.

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

Good point, I asked mysef that the other day (the resposne probably has to do with how unfair it would be to be able to do missions in the nice sheltered environment of CB while the clanless have to suffer in randoms :Smile_teethhappy:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
52 minutes ago, VC381 said:

You don't get achievements? Really?

Really.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,598 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Pin this :etc_swear: man on to the top of the page! I've never seen someone more correct than this!!

I mean pin his message...

no no ! not the nail gun!

Stop...

MrFingers!... RUUUUUUUUN!!!

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Because Clan Battles are about one thing, and one thing only: WINNING.

Should be same with RB.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,895 posts
10 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Stop...

Dewalt-AR15-nail-gun.jpg

• Funny 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,898 posts
2,152 battles
On 7/4/2018 at 2:52 PM, MrFingers said:

On-point! :)

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

why arent those daily chain missions included in CB?. overall you need 6 wins to get it all done. and after 3-4 hours of CB i really dont have time nor will to play randoms for those missions...

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Sorry, but no.

The same argument can be made for everyone single game mode. I don't see missions being excluded from Randoms because they might distract players from doing what they must to win.

If anything, WG's typical mission design has shown beyond any reasonable doubt that WG doesn't give a ship-rat's arse about what players do in Randoms with missions which drive players to make absolutely boneheaded decisions just to complete missions at the expense of what might be necessary at any given match situation with annoying regularity. The latest Go! Navy event and the proposed missions is just another example of that long history.

So no, you absolutely can't tell me with a straight face that missions are excluded from completion in Clan Battles mode because they would distract people or whatnot. Or at the very least you can expect me to laugh such a ludicrous statement straight out of the room until it shrivels down and wants to die from shame in a lonely corner.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles
30 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Sorry, but no.

The same argument can be made for everyone single game mode. I don't see missions being excluded from Randoms because they might distract players from doing what they must to win.

If anything, WG's typical mission design has shown beyond any reasonable doubt that WG doesn't give a ship-rat's arse about what players do in Randoms with missions which drive players to make absolutely boneheaded decisions just to complete missions at the expense of what might be necessary at any given match situation with annoying regularity. The latest Go! Navy event and the proposed missions is just another example of that long history.

So no, you absolutely can't tell me with a straight face that missions are excluded from completion in Clan Battles mode because they would distract people or whatnot. Or at the very least you can expect me to laugh such a ludicrous statement straight out of the room until it shrivels down and wants to die from shame in a lonely corner.

Get laughing then, no one in CB should be trying to do anything that deviates from the best course of action to win the battle. Sure you can argue that if that just happens to get you some german BB damage or torpedo hits or whatever then why not let you earn that progress, but that's no the point. Ambient credit towards missions and people making a tactical decision based on (or at least partly influenced by) progressing a mission are entirely different things. The latter should be avoided and the notion not entertained at all.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
21 minutes ago, Benser said:

Sure you can argue that if that just happens to get you some german BB damage or torpedo hits or whatever then why not let you earn that progress, but that's no the point.

It isn't the point? Why isn't that the point? Or why would the whole "it's distracting" narrative be such an overwhelmingly more pointy point than this for it to not be the point?

19 minutes ago, Benser said:

Get laughing then, no one in CB should be trying to do anything that deviates from the best course of action to win the battle. Sure you can argue that if that just happens to get you some german BB damage or torpedo hits or whatever then why not let you earn that progress, but that's no the point. Ambient credit towards missions and people making a tactical decision based on (or at least partly influenced by) progressing a mission are entirely different things. The latter should be avoided and the notion not entertained at all.

Tell me one thing then:

What is the goal in Randoms/Ranked/CoOp/Scenarios if it isn't winning? Surely it has to be something different because otherwise why would they have missions in those modes when it's too distracting in CBs ...

And as for the whole "distraction" narrative being cooked up here: if anyone does their own thing because they want to do a mission rather than win the match in CB, pretty sure he's either not going to be on the Alpha team for long or if the clan tolerates that I don't see why they would serve for anything better than free points to be farmed by other clans that have an attention span that isn't measured in milliseconds in the first place.

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,988 battles
On 4.07.2018 г. at 5:06 PM, Excavatus said:

Pin this :etc_swear: man on to the top of the page! I've never seen someone more correct than this!!

Stop...

ye but so is ranked but you can finnish achivments there

mang

On 4.07.2018 г. at 3:52 PM, MrFingers said:

I would really like to see ALL missions and achivments are only done when you get a win. (to force people in randoms to play for a win)

mang

[NED]
Players
4,024 posts
10,901 battles

IIRC some of the Hasly (Sorry if I spelled that wrong) can be achieved with CW. But I agree: the primary focus with CW is the team effort. I guess that's why there are no achievements to be won in CW. So not to let the ego trip take over.

Parallel on topic: I really like the missions nowadays. Some are tough, granted but I'm so happy to see WG has got rid of the "destroy 20 Russian cruisers" crap missions. I'm only preliminary seeing my shrink and cardiologist for the "win 6 battles" for Indi though.... Haven't looked at the specifics but somehow I'm afraid this will be a Random mission only....

[UN]
Weekend Tester
815 posts
19,004 battles

So I play high-end content (?) for 4 hours, and it's not even worth a stupid mission for which I have to get 500 base exp ???

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles
16 hours ago, Aotearas said:

It isn't the point? Why isn't that the point? Or why would the whole "it's distracting" narrative be such an overwhelmingly more pointy point than this for it to not be the point?

I meant, you could argue that if you just happen to get some mission progress then that would be ok. Why not let people progress missions in CBs if that's not their main focus, cos then it's alright isn't it? Personally, if I could progress missions in CBs I still wouldn't be doing anything except trying to win the games, regardless of what mission objectives could be completed, but why shouldn't I get what progress I do earn?

Because it's not about the people who really do focus, it's about those that might not. Focus is an important differentiator between casual and competitive play. I dont play CBs with a tablet in one hand and netflix on my second screen.

Tell me one thing then:

What is the goal in Randoms/Ranked/CoOp/Scenarios if it isn't winning? Surely it has to be something different because otherwise why would they have missions in those modes when it's too distracting in CBs ...

And as for the whole "distraction" narrative being cooked up here: if anyone does their own thing because they want to do a mission rather than win the match in CB, pretty sure he's either not going to be on the Alpha team for long or if the clan tolerates that I don't see why they would serve for anything better than free points to be farmed by other clans that have an attention span that isn't measured in milliseconds in the first place.

Other than the other obvious differences between the various game modes.

No one said that with CB having the objective of winning meant that Randoms/Co-Op/Etc do not. But CB is the game mode where the only objective is winning. Not grinding for modules or ships or commander skills, not progressing missions for that icicle Scharnhorst camo or trying to get the ugliest Royal Navy insignia possible or testing a new build on some bots.

Yes, no one should be trying to progress missions in CB, anyone who did allow themselves to be distracted or even outright disobedient for such a reason won't last long in any clan. So like I said, why even entertain the idea?

I think ultimately mission progress, like many things, are excluded from CBs because we're supposed to perceive it as a strictly competitive game mode.

Sign in to follow this