Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Earthglade

Roon Captain skills

6 comments in this topic

[1805]
[1805]
Players
11 posts
3,270 battles

i have a 17 point captain on my Bismarck, I seem to be playing more on My Roon now.. which has an 11 point captain onboard.

shall I put my 17 point Admiral on her and would it make a lot of difference ??

If so what skills shall I use.... 

[SWTP]
Players
269 posts
5,644 battles

I use 1- PT 2- EM AR 3-SI, DE 4 CE for 16 points. Some like to add vigilance to stack with hydro or to be safe if running DefAA. Buffing AA by BFT and AFT or man AA only if you play often with CV in div and still others (USA) are better in it. Expert Loader can be handy if someone shows broadside suddenly.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,566 posts
7,443 battles

german cruisers dont benefit terribly much from high skill captains, in my opinion. As long as you have AR, SI and CE your Roon should be set. Bismarck on the other hand makes a lot more use of the extra skills, whether you're going secondary spec or traditional tankiness build.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,927 battles

I have PT - AR - SI & DE - CE

Saving for AFT atm. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,369 posts
6,118 battles

Enjoyed the Roon.

PM first

Guns are life and having your only front one knocked out isn't fun.  Plus how many times have your torps been blown up just as you are doing a torp run, crap when that happens? PT is good but the Roon is a kinda ship that keeps on firing whilst kiting or stay at range half the game until you close in.

AR

Such a good 2 pointer it's not even funny and great with German Ships that tank.

DE

German AP are fussy fellows.  When perfect broadside they pack a punch but when the enemy is slightly angled they drop or down right bounce.  Load salt and pepper and burn it to death, 16% fire chance (with flag) is not to be sniffed at.  

AFT

Extend that lovely AA it has. The Roon is one big target for AP bombs and limiting that effect is paramount.  2 sets of AP bombs can outright kill you.  AFT with DefAA is a pain in the grass for CV players.  Without both, you are a sitting duck to a good CV captain (you are the slowest cruiser in tier 9).

Vigilance

Because you are running DefAA then Vigilance is a solid choice instead of Hyrdo. The Roon is a funny bugger that likes to kite (rear guns) but also loves a scrap (Trutleback armour and torps).  So anything to help avoid torps early always helps.

CE

CE for most cruisers is a good idea. Go silent when healing and waiting for him to put out his fire. 

SI

If you don't use premium consumables or flags.  I did, so I gave this a miss.  But still a good choice, you can never have too many heals for a heavy cruiser. If not then I would pick PT and BoS to make you that much wiser and tougher.

So....What you now have is a solid all-rounder that can down planes, repair faster, burn and sink less, avoid torps more and burn things down to the ground.  Faster when AR kicks in.  

Like i said, i really enjoyed the Roon but it had to give way for the Buffalo. 

German Cruisers are the best all rounders IMHO, so spec them like it I say. 

IMHO.:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,540 battles
1 hour ago, Earthglade said:

i have a 17 point captain on my Bismarck, I seem to be playing more on My Roon now.. which has an 11 point captain onboard.

shall I put my 17 point Admiral on her and would it make a lot of difference ??

If so what skills shall I use.... 

Normally i would not advise you to do so ... it is like Tyrendian said: Bismarck gets more profit out of a highly skilled captain, especially with a secondary build.

Roon can do allright with the cruiser basics. Mine has a 12-skill-cpt with

PT (I just want to know if I am focussed or not)

LS (I tend to play it "safe" ...) and AR (one of the most useful skills in general)

SI (that extra heal comes in handy)

CE (11,1 km camo is not bad)

I say, keep the captains where they are :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this