Mangrey

Rework of CVs

161 comments in this topic

[NOCAP]
Players
4,975 posts
9,877 battles
1 hour ago, BuccaneerBill said:

Carriers should only be a support class, not a hard carry like before.

Yyyyeah good Luck with that

02-02-_2019_01-37-47.jpg

02-02-_2019_01-36-08.jpg

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,367 posts
7,895 battles
4 hours ago, BuccaneerBill said:

Carriers should only be a support class, not a hard carry like before.

Why should they be a support class? They were always supposed to be the class with highest average damage. You can see that for the emblem archievment. For the CV emblem you need more average damage than for the BB emblem. Also historically were that the strike forces.

Players
512 posts
9,854 battles
8 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Why should they be a support class? They were always supposed to be the class with highest average damage. You can see that for the emblem archievment. For the CV emblem you need more average damage than for the BB emblem. Also historically were that the strike forces.

Because they cannot be shot by any normal ship, at not until the very end of game, so it is somewhat game breaking and OP to make em hard carry. And yes of course you needed more damage for the CV emblem, because they were too OP.

• Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,367 posts
7,895 battles
2 hours ago, BuccaneerBill said:

Because they cannot be shot by any normal ship, at not until the very end of game, so it is somewhat game breaking and OP to make em hard carry. And yes of course you needed more damage for the CV emblem, because they were too OP.

it's a different game mechanic. CVs can't be shot, but their planes. The planes are their "gun turrets".

You can break gun turrets with other ships and planes, but for doing that, you have to aim for them and use fire power.

But you don't have to use fire power for shooting down planes - which are the gun turrents of the CV.

Hope you get the point of what I mean ^^'

[CROPS]
Players
195 posts
13,072 battles

Yes u do. U use aa firepower. If devs decided to give ur ship no aa, low or medium u stand no chance. U depend on ur aa buds or friendly cv to protect u. Just last game i was in salem targeted by audacious. He got me 5 minutes before the end when i used up my last def aa. Took him 35 planes and 15 minutes. And salem is DM clone with strong aa. Even my strongest aa ship is not a guarantee for surviving concetrated cv attack. Do i have to remind every1 how many ships out there have no aa or a bad one at best? Dds are just getting obsolete, nothing they can do but smoke up and hide. When i sailed hiryu i would just wait smoke to clear out and murder the poor thing. And i suck with cvs, never liked to play them. Now imagine the power and game control of a unicum cv plyr. Its just wrong. As i said, even yamatos shots can be defeated and u can fight it on a level grounds, dds torps u can dodge and use floatplane hydro and radar to hunt them, but if u have bad aa and friendly cv is an autist u r so going back to port no matter how skilled u r. Doesnt matter if u didnt make a single mistake and u outplayed every1 on the map. U r still fishfood and u r taking out aa specced NoCa next round out of revolt. I think that is just plain wrong. We should have a fighting chance, doesnt have to be 50-50, give us 30-70 that we can survive the airstrikes, give them dud torps and malfunctioning bomb triggers to be controled by rng as it was the historic case. Bunch of perfect torp hits on the hull had no detonation cause of faulty fuses. Plane Bombs are found even these days that failed to activate back in the 40's. Level out the playing field a bit or to use a wg slang "balance" the cursed game and u just might make some more money. I can live with this cv infestation cause i have few boats that can realy drop them like flies but what about all the kids learning the ropes, giving rl monthly allowance to buy some prem time so they can grind faster, stuck at tier 6 or 7 and getting stomped by tier 8 cvs? I guess they gotta learn life aint fair early. Sooner they get used to it, better off they will be... Dunno, it just sucks. From my point of view.

Players
160 posts
9,682 battles

cv rework is a disaster not only for a cv but also for the rest of the classes that have been destitute

64/5000

• Cool 1

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,177 battles
On 2/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, teen_geisha16 said:

cv rework is a disaster not only for a cv but also for the rest of the classes that have been destitute

...just played 2x battles with Hakuryu (X): first battle did 8900 damage and second battle ZERO 0,00000 damage, = kind of "normal" when I play Haku. EVERY enemy ship has the possibility to easily & fast shoot all (some 9-12) planes out of sky. Even destroyers (besides Shima) easily destroy all yr planes. Range of AI-guided-AA is enormous: AA never misses and does not matter how you manoeuvre (using islands, speeding, slowing etc.) they shoot yr planes through mountains: yr planes have no chance whatsoever. This is NOT playable, guess just like i do: any players just having a T10 IJN carrier play some battles with it and then totally stop playing IJN carriers any longer. My Haku = optimal setting (19-points capt + all upgrades + special perma camo) but is totally crap. This has to be balanced soon, very soon. This cannot seriously be sold to yr customers, cuz they just leave and stop playing them.

Besides the above, I again mention that RTS-carriers stagnated and hold back (crippled) any further development of this game in the past: so it is a good thing RTS-carriers are past tense. No doubt about that. But that being said: New Carriers (IJN) urgently need further balancing, cuz atm they are far too weak (have no impact at all, besides scouting that is: but then again WHO ever wanna do scouting only, whole battle??? no one, because brings ya no fun, no credits and no XP...by doing only some scoutings you will end up empty handed afterwards.

But IJN Carriers have to be made "bit" playable for us the players. It is NOT that I want to do great damage or so, no, I just wanna have an IJN Carrier that can do some damage (say 25K-30K? instead of a ship doing 8900 damage, or less. Is that too much to ask for??? I even wonder why it is always that the IJN Ships get the "strange" nerfes, I mean, players in Asia for sure will not like to see this, and they noticed (don't they complain to see IJN ships being nerfed all the time?) . Besides that: playing a carrier takes far, far more energy to play: in fact yr kind of "have to transport yr shells/explosives by plane towards an enemy ship position, re-position---> attack---> hope for the best----> get all yr planes destroyed---> next to notice you did no damage or say 2k damage???...i mean: when i shoot 2x times with any of my BB's or cruisers i do far more damage in just 1x minute than my carriers do in full battle??? lol...come on, this is absurd. Just doing some shootings with yr cruisers or battleship goes fast & easy and guaranteed hits, the easy way, think of that one. Torps of carriers are ridiculous: so, so easy for any ship to avoid them....

I do not agree with yr opinion that other ship classes suffer due to New Carriers (the reworks), nah, when I play my other ship classes I have a good laugh at any planes & carriers. because I shoot them all down and that brings extra credits + XP.

IJN CARRIERS URGENTLY NEED A HOTFIX!!!!!!!

• Bad 1

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,177 battles

for all clarity and referring to my above comment, I add following (to avoid any misunderstandings):

I really much like the carrier-reworks as from patch 8.0. Ohh yes, I like it, very much!!!! And I am realy glad WG for sure going in right direction-----> eventually (after proper balancing) reworks will enormously benefit the game.

1)

Graphics are truly great! Sounds are so great! Visuals are great!

2)

the carriers look awesome, all. Played the new RN carriers T4 and T6 and I was truly amazed about the very beauty of it all (i so much value graphics & sound in my games): so nice to watch the carriers + yr squadrons in action, cool & awesome

3)

Handling of the carriers + planes i really like: took away most of the former skill-gaps between enemy captains---> greatly benefits the game! (= makes the battles on average more balanced + interesting/fun)

4)

Far more (actually all) enthusiastic players as from 8.0 patch can far more easily "just-hop-in-a-carrier" and enjoy playing carriers ----> = good for game because this great game really, really needs is carriers in it: the carriers "battle camping behaviour" + make the game faster paced (!!!) + make the game even more vibrant!!! (=great)

So, for all clarity: for me it is just about the further balancing of the IJN-carriers (=really needed), that's the only thing i so much would like to see being done. I am not aiming for some "overpowered carriers" or so, no, no...i only wanna have a playable IJN carrier which provides me with some entertainment while i play it. If my IJN carrier would have possibility to do say some 25k-30k damage, well, then i am happy with that cuz then i would like playing it. I play for fun & entertainment and doing high damage is not my ultimate goal, oh now...i only wanna have playable, entertaining, fun, ships, that is my only goal. All other ship classes do very well already (all fun to play them), so now I am waiting for IJN carriers to getta be fun to play:cat_cool:

• Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,198 battles
1 hour ago, Yaskaraxx said:

IJN CARRIERS URGENTLY NEED A HOTFIX!!!!!!!

WG cannot hotfix your incompetence.

• Funny 3

[PC]
Players
107 posts
17,108 battles

If unfun was a word this picture could be used to explain it.

unfun.jpg.9e47da6c34ef0971aee7754a7001d89f.jpg

Not a fan of dual CV games like these.

Was very close to exiting to port mid game but fought it through, ended up in second place but felt so boring and pointless.

Players
174 posts
Vor 16 Minuten, Reckie sagte:

Was very close to exiting to port mid game but fought it through, ended up in second place but felt so boring and pointless.

2x T8 with  3x T9 and 7x T10. And T8's both end up on top of the list. And I see something like that quite often.

[irony on] We really need a buff of T10 and a change in matchmaker [/irony off]