103 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,988 battles

Is there any thing new in the REwork front ? vid, dates ,progress of any sorts ?

mang

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

I wonder whats going on with the blogs like the ARmored patrol or the daily bounce. In the past they would leak info, hell, even there was some sort of "insider". But nowadays there is 0 news about the whole thing.

And no, I really hate the idea of the cv rework (we already know what happened last time; removal of manual attacks on tier 4 and 5)

Also, WG's idea of a rework of an entire class it's "we will massively nerf them but add a little small and useless thing and call it "useful for the team" " like they did with arties in WOT.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,912 posts
2,152 battles
1 hour ago, Mangrey said:

@MrConway and @Sub_Octavian can you update us ?

mang

It is being worked on. As soon as we can talk about it you can rest assured that we will! :)

[DUSD]
Players
2 posts
1,561 battles

Well since the Russian community is the only one that matters to WG, I don't think our opinion is of importance here..

[MIRAI]
Players
118 posts
7,127 battles
On 15.07.2018 at 1:46 PM, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

Russians dont have the slightest clou about CVs - do they even exist there?

They do.

On paper.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,126 posts
2,208 battles

I have 'seen' as probably have some others a leaked image of release dates and what WG plan to have in them. No idea if its real fake or otherwise. It came supposedly from an x WG employee.

In it release 0.7.9 penciled in for 19.09.2018, is titled CV rework, 10th ranked season .

So we will have to watch this space, if it's real we should start to hear stuff about it fairly soon.

[ULFR]
Beta Tester
415 posts
7,660 battles

I think the class should be dropped out of the game if im honest they have far too much influence over matches, I mean please explain to me for example a yama at tier x is suppose to survive an attack in the first 2mins when its spawned so far from any allies it cant even get any aa help at all, because it cant even reach them. 

I suppose we shall see what they plan but the class right now is an utter mess. Don't get me wrong it be nice to have them in the game but properly balanced into the game, but they just are not right now, plus playing them is boring too the ui is horrible, the actual flight controls are horrible. Its jus a shame its taken WG years to even consider rebuilding them, and that's if they get anywhere with it, I mean I think they are beyond help at this point and should of been addressed years ago.

• Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles
43 minutes ago, Shadeshot said:

I mean please explain to me for example a yama at tier x is suppose to survive an attack in the first 2mins when its spawned so far from any allies it cant even get any aa help at all, because it cant even reach them. 

Considered asking for AA support or fighter cover? Sometimes people are willing to help if you just ask.

Also WG should've addressed :etc_swear: spawns years ago. That's hardly the fault of CVs.

• Cool 1

[ULFR]
Beta Tester
415 posts
7,660 battles

They should of addressed CV's in general years ago, they have been a flawed or broken class since the game was even developed, i just dont understand why its taken them so long to 'fix' them or make any effort towards doing so (thats even IF they fix them). Dont get me wrong i would like to see CV's stay im not a CV hater at all but they need some serious work.

And i agree some of the spawn are ridiculous.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles
23 hours ago, Shadeshot said:

i just dont understand why its taken them so long to 'fix' them

General bureaucracy and porting the basic game infrastructure to consoles which can easily take several months. No need to rework CVs when you'll have to do it again a year later. This way they save manpower and time.

[GOON]
Beta Tester
25 posts
12,633 battles

If we're really lucky. They'll delete the class entirely and refund the credits/xp/gold

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles
53 minutes ago, Blinks said:

If we're really lucky. They'll delete the class entirely and refund the credits/xp/gold

Because clearly redesigning and rebalancing the entire game is surely the most feasible option.

• Funny 1

[GOON]
Beta Tester
25 posts
12,633 battles
18 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Because clearly redesigning and rebalancing the entire game is surely the most feasible option.

What's rebalancing the entire game? Gameplay is vastly improved without them.

• Bad 1

[DUSD]
Players
366 posts
5,671 battles
On 4.8.2018 at 1:31 AM, Shadeshot said:

I think the class should be dropped out of the game if im honest they have far too much influence over matches

Thats the idea. CVs HAD and still HAVE most influence in seabattles. Has been since WW2. Why change that deliberately?

Whats actually flipped over is BB population and their gameplay. Historically it was CV that passed battleships ruling the oceans. And your example is excellent. Historical Yamato never got his chance with all mighty 18,1" guns. It never even got contact to carrier fleet that sunk it hundreds of miles away...

But the difference in player skill level is significant factor. Now UI is so complicated and messy skill differences between good/excellent players and avg/poor players is massive and so the outcome of this ship class is what you described...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles
6 hours ago, Blinks said:

What's rebalancing the entire game? Gameplay is vastly improved without them.

It's called AA. And yes, it's a major balancing factor.

Besides, even WG tells people to git gud if you can't play against CVs.

• Funny 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-warships-uk-hms-carriers-sneak-peek/

"UK carriers are being tested in Alpha test server!

Devs are testing a new CV mode and this mode will totally change the cv control system. We have a picture with the icons of the Next British CV Branch: Courageous, Audaciuous, Implacable, Indomitable e Hermes"

FB_IMG_1535700074769.jpg

[GEUS]
Players
18 posts
2,288 battles

That is nice , a new nation line CV

I just hope they will finish the rework sooner then releasing this line because from Alpha testing to actually available in the game will take months and months :cap_wander:

[GOON]
Beta Tester
25 posts
12,633 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 4:19 PM, El2aZeR said:

It's called AA. And yes, it's a major balancing factor.

Besides, even WG tells people to git gud if you can't play against CVs.

Oh?

So someone like https://wows-numbers.com/player/500390286,MaciejoVietnam/?type=solo is entirely reasonable?

Those are stats that are impossible in anything else but a cv.

Nope, class is broken and the game is better off without.

• Bad 1

[PC]
Players
117 posts

It will be D Day for the game when this rework is implemented in the full game. Done badly, it will be a devastating strike on what is already a  sinking ship with the current meta of radar, AP bombs, OP ships which only the good clans can earn, among other things. The only class left will be BB's, if the developers are not careful. I am worried that what we have at the moment is very good CV players roaming unopposed in battles at the moment and getting 5, 6, 7 kills at will is one thing. The new class might just become a monster and suck the rest of the fun out of the game. Just like arty in tanks. At least at the minute, 70% of the player base cannot manual strafe, manual drop with any consistency.

It might be a case of 'careful what you wish for'.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles
3 hours ago, Blinks said:

Those are stats that are impossible in anything else but a cv.

And how does this tie in with the point at hand?

AA is still a major balancing factor, no amount of stats will change that.

Besides, I don't see anything broken with his stats. The average player is stupid beyond belief, thus they get punished by CVs, leading to high influence beyond initial design for CVs. That's the biggest reason why the class is perceived as broken.

On the other hand a CV is next to powerless in any kind of skilled environment such as KotS.

• Cool 1