Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DangerousDave2k

This is a poor mission.

15 comments in this topic

Players
204 posts
6,159 battles

IMO the latest Indianapolis Marathon mission is not well thought out. Half the time I am getting Standard Battles in which the mission can't even be approached - but I still have to waste my time playing out the game if I don't want penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct. They shouldn't set missions where there's no guarantee you can even try to do it.

• Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,284 posts
13,012 battles

I'm not having much luck either with this. .....but it's not a difficult mission. No one is forcing anyone to do the mission. Indy is in the shop if one wants it. Eh :Smile_sceptic:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,489 posts
5,863 battles

Actually it can be approached in a standard battle. Considering "defended" ribbons also count and can be acquired in greater quantity it is still possible to get this mission done in a standard battle. But domination is the prefered mode, yes.

Players
204 posts
6,159 battles

I know it can technically be done but the odds are very strongly against it. Generally speaking, if the enemy is in your base, you're probably A) not there to exploit it and B) not going to win the battle.

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
9 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Actually it can be approached in a standard battle. Considering "defended" ribbons also count and can be acquired in greater quantity it is still possible to get this mission done in a standard battle. But domination is the prefered mode, yes.

It is possible in standard with gun dd.Normally team split and at least one enemy dd try to cap from center...stay near cap and let him start capping...attack and kill him and hope your team win

Players
204 posts
6,159 battles

Like I said, odds are against it. I've had it happen once in the last 40 battles that I was there to do anything about it (and we won the battle). Enemy Bismarck was the only ship in our cap, and I smoked up in my DD and hit it about 30 times - but it didn't have enough 'capture points' so I got zero defend ribbons.

Players
2,169 posts

I completed it after playing a few DD games, think I got it in Epicentre in fact.

Slightly fiddly, but it wasn't terribly hard.

Players
204 posts
6,159 battles

I finally did it. I was getting almost no epicentre games - mainly standard games. Got it in a rare T5 T6 domination game in Farragut. That took a very long time.

[UNICS]
Players
3,284 posts
13,012 battles

yea this is taking longer than expected. Next up: Atlanta - wait for enemy dd to cap half before moving out with radar. Should work if team wins..

edit: ...and it's a standard game ofc :fish_boom:

[CRU_]
Players
171 posts
6,437 battles
31 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

yea this is taking longer than expected. Next up: Atlanta - wait for enemy dd to cap half before moving out with radar. Should work if team wins..

edit: ...and it's a standard game ofc :fish_boom:

It can be done with tier 6 and up, so i pulled out my anshan, held off the cap until it started ticking then pushed and deleted the capper. Job done. I would say the win condition on missions can be frustrating, as a lot of the time that really isn't down to you.

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
16 minutes ago, zengaze said:

It can be done with tier 6 and up, so i pulled out my anshan, held off the cap until it started ticking then pushed and deleted the capper. Job done. I would say the win condition on missions can be frustrating, as a lot of the time that really isn't down to you.

You could say that a win condition  should be tied to every mission - might get people to play more for the objectives... It is about winning after all, is it not...

Weekend Tester
807 posts
5,421 battles

Me either. I also wroted in another thread that this mission can wipe on my ****. Even I can get win or get those caps, assist or def ..... not gonna happen with these horrible teams.

[UNICS]
Players
3,284 posts
13,012 battles
16 minutes ago, zengaze said:

Just had an Atlanta game - everyone tier 9 except me and and the cv. Got the flags but we lost the game - me around 1950 base XP. Came down to 2 ships at the end, we lost. Good game though.

[CRU_]
Players
171 posts
6,437 battles
6 minutes ago, Wildf1re said:

You could say that a win condition  should be tied to every mission - might get people to play more for the objectives... It is about winning after all, is it not...

i agree about objective play, but marathon missions are usually time limited, and quite often players find themselves able to complete the requirements except for having one of those nights where they can only play a handful of games, and their teams get rofl stomped, that's where the frustration can come in, and it's understandable.

Editing to add: it's obvious that the purpose of marathons isn't as a skill wall, it's a grind wall, WG want you to play more, so they give you a freebie for doing that, That's why i think win condition may defeat the purpose

Players
4,085 posts
6,673 battles
3 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I completed it after playing a few DD games, think I got it in Epicentre in fact.

I got it in Epicenter also - with Missouri XD just went in the middle, bullied everything out and capped all circles. Hilarious.

But yea in general (counts for other occasions also), its uncool that its almost impossible or atleast a lot harder to achieve certain mission in certain gamemodes. Then u get unlucky and have standard 3 or 4 times in a row... But much truth lies here:

1 hour ago, zengaze said:

it's obvious that the purpose of marathons isn't as a skill wall, it's a grind wall, WG want you to play more, so they give you a freebie for doing that

Sign in to follow this