Sign in to follow this  
andysauruss

Seatle downgrade...

29 comments in this topic

[EHVA]
Players
6 posts
1,249 battles

Soo what in the F is up with the seatle.... it seems like in every way this ship is worse than Cleveland. Now first I need to say that I love the Cleveland. Did not feel a grind at all.

So to sum it up: Turret traverse, dispersion and firing range for the guns. No improvement there!

Maneuverability is worse ruddershift and turningradius in exchange for a WHOPPING 0,5K speed

Concealment is worse

Armor on paper is better but in actuality you get one giant citadel in return

Only thing better is its AA and thats a good thing because of CV swarming the game of course and that dual porpouse guns with those assome traverse speed for keeping up with those           fast moving planes is epic!!

Wargaming WTF??? this ship absolutely is the worse and is no improvement what so ever... this is going to be the worst grind.

What are your thoughts gamers?

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
713 posts

Just grinded the B hull. So I haven't tried it With that. 

I feel the Cleveland is better, and I feel the Shells hangtime in the air is longer on the Seattle.

I won't keep her. 

[EHVA]
Players
6 posts
1,249 battles

I spend my free xp on the B hull. So I already got it. Gues what. Your firing range drops 0.9KM if you equip the B-hull. That's the most terrible thing about the ship. It only get's worse and worse the longer you play it.

I'm even thinking to drop my rate of fire a bit in exchange of turret traverse. DD's will eat you up for breakfast at close range if your turrets can't keep up.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
391 posts
5,521 battles

My best guess is that it`s an Izumo you have to endure on the way to the Yamato. Or  ̶W̶h̶o̶r̶e̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶r̶ Worcester

• Funny 1

[EHVA]
Players
6 posts
1,249 battles
1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

My best guess is that it`s an Izumo you have to endure on the way to the Yamato. Or  ̶W̶h̶o̶r̶e̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶r̶ Worcester

Good lord!!! WHYYYY?? I was so looking forward to this split....

[UNICS]
Players
391 posts
5,521 battles
Przed chwilą, andysauruss napisał:

Good lord!!! WHYYYY?? I was so looking forward to this split....

Well then...

Just like in real life you have to suffer to get to the goodies.

• Cool 1

[EHVA]
Players
6 posts
1,249 battles
4 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

Well then...

Just like in real life you have to suffer to get to the goodies.

Jep!! just wake up and grind then....

[EHVA]
Players
6 posts
1,249 battles
1 hour ago, Oderisson said:

Guys it already was confirmed as a bug to be fixed in 7.7. Read the forums.

What is? The decrease in firing range with the B hull?

[HEROZ]
Players
752 posts
6,511 battles
1 hour ago, andysauruss said:

What is? The decrease in firing range with the B hull?

Duh... Kinda obvious...

Edit: Since I am in good mood

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,300 battles

To be honest, even with the range bug fixed the guns look on paper like a downgrade from Cleveland. Same reload and worse turret traverse. Sure you have access to the T9 upgrade but it feels like the guns are pre-nerfed to counteract it. Does WG think this upgrade is OP or something? I've noticed a few T9 cruisers are really more of a sidegrade (at best) than an upgrade from T8.

• Cool 1

[TAW]
Players
126 posts
4,635 battles

Have the feeling that Seattle doesn't fire shells, she just fires parachute flares of different colours :)

• Funny 1

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Seattle is the first cruiser where I traded the concealment module for rudder shift... My clamates pointed out the concealment is only about 100 m-ish worse.....

[SWTP]
Players
655 posts
7,679 battles

I've just researched it. Opinions about her are not enthusiastic. No way I am going to suffer through worse Clevland in another hundred of  T10 battles. I will free xp it to get Worcester plus anniversary SC.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,204 posts
14,969 battles

Christ this thing.

This thing is horrible.

I'd much rather take a Cleve out into T9 MM rather than playing Seattle ever again. I made it all the way up to 160k exp until I could stand it no longer and free exp'd the rest. I will recommend anyone else to do the same. Seattle is nothing but a shafted Cleve in almost all aspects.

Worchester on the other hand is the most fun I've had in a while.

Players
1,877 posts
10,556 battles

Got the Seattle on Sunday and had a couple of games in her (fully upgraded and equipped (concealment mod)). My initial impression of her is kinda meh. Base on feelings alone without looking at its numbers: 

i) reload seems slower than the Cleveland for some reason;

ii) ship feels sluggish and kinda long after the Cleveland's stocking build;

iii) turret feels sluggish;

Players
385 posts
8,685 battles

Seattle is great. Faster reload, heal, more HP, better AA, better radar...

It's not an upgrade as other lines get from T8 to 9 but Cleveland is already too strong for it's tier. 

IMO if you perform well with Cleve you do better with Seattle. If you don't perform with Seattle you will most probably suffer Wooster.

OFC there might be exceptions:

13 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Worchester on the other hand is the most fun I've had in a while.

[WTFNO]
Players
87 posts
2 hours ago, xenopathia said:

Seattle is great. Faster reload, heal, more HP, better AA, better radar...

It's not an upgrade as other lines get from T8 to 9 but Cleveland is already too strong for it's tier. 

IMO if you perform well with Cleve you do better with Seattle. If you don't perform with Seattle you will most probably suffer Wooster.

OFC there might be exceptions:

I have to disagree. Despite my better judgment, I tried to make it work. Firing angles are crap, reload is slow, the ship is huge.. After a decent game where I supported the team a lot, some rank 1 guy asked in chat why I was wasting time with the Seattle and that I should just upgrade and stop suffering. So I did. The Rooster is a monster, so much more comfortable to use, Seattle feels like someone tied your hands behind your back in comparison. It was the same for me with the Neptune: I know some people can play it very well but for me it had very little in common with playing the Minotaur.

[TAW]
Players
126 posts
4,635 battles

I'm really struggling with this ship, shooting at anything other than BB's seems so awkward mainly because of that parachute flare effect. Cleveland I loved, but this, everything about it is... well, so slow and unresponsive by comparison, it's a real downgrade, maybe they should switch Cleveland for Seattle?

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles

I dislike the ship almost as much as I disliked the Dallas, and I hate that box of turds with a passion.

[TAW]
Players
126 posts
4,635 battles

It might be "balanced" but it's very, very badly balanced, just imagine if free XP didn't exist, it'd be enough to put you off WoWs, maybe they'll take note and do something about the ship. Anyway free XP permitting, as soon as I can :)

[GWDYS]
Players
168 posts
12,426 battles

What the pain is this ship?  Straight downgrade from Cleveland,  who has the same guns (range, speed,  dmg,  ROF, accuracy) - but much faster turrets +  incomparable firing arcs!!!  When you equip  tier9 module for ROF  handling your turrets is even worse.   Ship is bigger, clumsy,  with worse turning circle,  acceleration is horrific,  citadel area is MUCH MUCH bigger,  worse concealment.   Cleveland was love - excellent ship, many times I've ended up 1st in tierX games.  This is just a pure pain designed to be freeXPed.  Money bag for WG.

[POP]
Players
373 posts
8,336 battles

I've grinded the ship in the arms race mode. Some of the shortcomings are migitated by the buffs your team collects. By far the best buff to accumulate in the Seattle is the concealment buff.

The games are generally much shorter in the arms race so there's that aswell. You don't have to suffer the ships as much as you'd otherwise would have to endure in random battles.

Sign in to follow this