Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Armorin

Clan Battles - Alpha/Bravo Mission Bugs?

13 comments in this topic

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
702 posts
10,845 battles

tl;dr something seems to be not working correcting with clan battle mission rewards, and the alpha/bravo team setup might not work as you think it should!

So how is this alpha/bravo team supposed to work, and are there some bugs associated with it?

Over the weekend we played quite a lot as bravo team. WC Football is on, we were missing quite a few experienced regulars, we had some new members to get settled in, and quite a few new ships to test out playing in. There seems to be something odd about this new feature though.

First thing is, I've completed 9 wins in squall league. Completed the first stage for 7 wins which should net 500 steel apparently. No steel displayed in Arsenal.

I'm sure I had more than 3 wins for oil mission, yet it was only displaying 2/3 completed. Is it only counting alpha team wins?

The clan battle summary (by the player list) on the main clan battle page only shows alpha team battle count (or is that the highest ranked team count?), even though the members list seems to display all battles played. It makes us look like we are not very active in clan battles! What if some clans decide the bravo team is their main team, and alpha is there second string team.After all, bravo two zero is more famous than alpha two zero, but I'll try not to write a book in this post!

I understand the highest team determines the clans rating. But how independent are the two team ratings? After getting battered down to near the bottom of squall league 3, I was still surprised about the quality of opposition we where coming up against and the lack of rental ships in those teams. It made me feel like issuing a diktat that the entire clan should be restricted to co-op mode against bots! Okay, I know it takes a few sessions for the leagues to start to form, despite the new small head start given to clans previous ranking, but being that low I expected to come across some potato teams less half-baked than us.

So, do the A and B team have independent match making rating? I'm beginning to think it doesn't, since A and B teams are not listed in the clan rating tables. This kind of makes things pointless having a strong A team running fighting for progression, whilst the inexperienced or less skilled B team are just going to get battered if matched with A team level skill opponents. If so, the B team can't be used to help the weaker members get better by fighting opposition near their level. It would make the only use of the B team as a get out of jail card to protect the clan rating when missing a few key players.

@MrConway any known issues here? Is this feature working as intended?

EDIT 2: Was hovering mouse over wrong stage for steel mission reward issue. That point has been addressed. User error!

EDIT 3: Two wins are now needed to get 30 oil. This point has been addressed. User error!

EDIT: Post some screenshots:

20180703085829_1.jpg

20180703085804_1.jpg

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,983 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, Armorin sagte:

First thing is, I've completed 9 wins in squall league. Completed the first stage for 7 wins which should net 500 steel apparently.

not according to the announcement. For the first stage (7 wins) of the Squall league mission you get " 25 of each Sierra Mike, India Delta, India Yankee, November Foxtrot, Victor Lima, Juliet Whiskey Unaone. " Afterwards you get 500 steel for the second stage (8 wins) and another 500 for the completion of the chain

(and btw your screenshot shows the reward for the second stage)

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
702 posts
10,845 battles
Just now, Bismark_ohne_Zeh said:

not according to the announcement. For the first stage (7 wins) of the Squall league mission you get " 25 of each Sierra Mike, India Delta, India Yankee, November Foxtrot, Victor Lima, Juliet Whiskey Unaone. " Afterwards you get 500 steel for the second stage (8 wins) and another 500 for the completion of the chain

Maybe that is it. As per posted screenshots, in game it shows 500 steel reward for the stage.

[DAVY]
Players
1,623 posts
9,645 battles

your screen shot clearly says stage 2/2 which is for the steel, not 1/2...

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
702 posts
10,845 battles

Sorry, @Bismark_ohne_Zeh, @Salentine you are correct on that one, I wasn't hovering the mouse over the correct stage. Can't post a screenshot about the oil mission issue atm though. Could just be a display error.

Just checked that I definitely got more than 3 wins on both days in a combination of alpha/bravo team wins, but the oil wins mission was displaying 2/3 at the end of the session. (both days I think).

[PUPSI]
Players
6,983 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, Armorin sagte:

Just checked that I definitely got more than 3 wins on both days in a combination of alpha/bravo team wins, but the oil wins mission was displaying 2/3 at the end of the session. (both days I think).

you are aware that you need 2 wins for 30 oil? so with 4 or 5 wins on a match day, 2/3 is fine, only with 6 wins on a match day you will get all 90 oil barrels.

with 9 wins overall you might have 4 wins the one day and 5 wins the other day, both resulting in 2/3 on the display

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
702 posts
10,845 battles
1 minute ago, Bismark_ohne_Zeh said:

you are aware that you need 2 wins for 30 oil? so with 4 or 5 wins on a match day, 2/3 is fine, only with 6 wins on a match day you will get all 90 oil barrels.

ith 9 wins overall you might have 4 wins the one day and 5 wins the other day, both resulting in 2/3 on the display

Thanks, I think that answers that one. I think it used to be 1 win for 30 oil in the last two seasons.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
702 posts
10,845 battles

So this just leaves the battle count issue on the clan summary page, and the question of how independent the alpha/bravo teams match making is.

[TIPC]
Players
408 posts
17,818 battles

here is another sugestion about a or b squadroms..They should put an option from before so the commander could chose in which squadrom an officer can open a division.for example (the X deputy commander can open only A squadrum/orB/or both).to avoid any mistakes.i think it would be very helpfull

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
702 posts
10,845 battles

Thanks for replying @Crysantos

I suppose two outstanding questions.

The battle count issue on the clan main page, when selecting clan battles on the members list, the battle count / win rate in the summary seems to be based of the alpha team, whilst the members list is comprised of both. Is this working as intended or an oversight?

I suppose my concern here is that it makes us moment look a lot less active in clan battles at the moment which doesn't help with recruitment.

Do the alpha and bravo teams have independent match making ratings, or are they matched on the highest team rating?

I suppose my concern here is that if playing a weaker team as bravo team, getting battered by a superior team does not help our weaker or less experienced members to improve and certainly would not do anything for their morale.

Sign in to follow this