You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AngreyNoob

World of "Every island has an HE spammer behind it."

50 comments in this topic

[NORKS]
Players
34 posts
3,186 battles

Boring. 

The game is currently boring as hell. 

Too much HE and Every one has a Radar. 

Sorry but you are losing peoples interest fast. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,339 posts
9,637 battles

Just wait for the next battleship line release. :cap_look:

• Funny 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

IE: what happens when you have more and more brainless BB branches, and cruisers just stay back or risk exploding instantly.

It's nothing more than natural selection.
The ones alive are the ones doing the most to stay alive, because all the others are dead within the first 5 minutes.

• Cool 8

Players
187 posts
2,673 battles

Sheltering a thin-skinned cruiser behind islands is one of the recommended tactics, isn't it ?  That's the whole idea of tactics - you have to find a way of countering them.

Or have I got this all wrong ? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RTRUK]
Players
31 posts
5,287 battles

Ultimately the game designers are battling reality.  A cruiser is not really a match for a battleship. A battleship is not really a match for a aircraft carrier.  A destroyer is not really a match for much more than an enemy destroyer or submarine.  Hence Cruisers etc need to be provided with a way to be competitive that is objectively nonsense.  When players identify the tactic they employ it because it would be daft not to.  Hence HE spammers behind every island....

• Cool 4

Players
1,777 posts
11,724 battles
9 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

Ultimately the game designers are battling reality.  A cruiser is not really a match for a battleship. A battleship is not really a match for a aircraft carrier.  A destroyer is not really a match for much more than an enemy destroyer or submarine.  Hence Cruisers etc need to be provided with a way to be competitive that is objectively nonsense.  When players identify the tactic they employ it because it would be daft not to.  Hence HE spammers behind every island....

Tell that to the DDs of task force Taffy 3.

Ultimately, the OP has a point. I will get into CW this year for trying it, but players are getting stupider and stupider in randoms and the meta gets more and more boring and stale.

At least the smoke meta before RPF allowed flanking...nowadays, how do you counter entrenched positions that cannot be destroyed by artillery or overrun...if they cant be flanked?

• Cool 3

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,215 posts
14,969 battles
27 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

Ultimately the game designers are battling reality.

This made me laugh, because the history of this game already proves you wrong.

Cruisers at one point were so powerful that you could take on several braindead BBabies out in the open and have a very good chance of winning, something that's unthinkable nowadays.

Then WG complied with the whining of said braindead BBabies and pretty much nerfed everything that could hurt them.

• Cool 2

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
23 posts
6,109 battles
1 hour ago, Pametrada said:

Sheltering a thin-skinned cruiser behind islands is one of the recommended tactics, isn't it ?  That's the whole idea of tactics - you have to find a way of countering them.

No you do have two other choices. Go into open water, get into shooting range, fire, get targeted by 5-7 ships because all the BBs are sitting at the back of the map, die. Alternately you can go sit with the BBs, which is going to mean you are also camping the back of the map and are out of range to shoot for large parts of the battle as the BBs try to land hits from 20km plus.

if they would even just shorten the time it takes for the spotting range to revert to normal after firing a salvo it would help, being locked up for 20 seconds is far too long.

• Cool 4

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
14,094 battles
5 hours ago, Pametrada said:

You are mistaken my friend. You are supposed to sail out in open water and make it easy for Battlesheep. OP's name fits him well.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,653 posts
14,653 battles
5 hours ago, AngreyNoob said:

World of "Every island has an HE spammer behind it."

Boring. 

This is a game balancing issue; and it seems that it is the game play WG wants.  I am not sure they are wrong going this direction, because it seems this type of game play fits well with the majority of the player population.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
12,879 battles
9 hours ago, Pametrada said:

It is an easy and effective tactic indeed. My only complaint is that counterplay options are somewhat limited if you combine high arcs, isles and radar. You can either stay away because usually high arc means less range and longer flight times or you can kill all of his friends first (already winning the game in most cases) before you can flank and push the enemy out of position.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,810 battles
10 hours ago, aboomination said:

Username checks out :Smile_trollface:

Hide contents

BBBRBRBBBrbrbBBRBRBRbBRbBRBRBRBBRRR

8cb25aa7f55dd2d4adc1a2135f5ef306.jpg

was busy "working" , but had to go see for myself

Players
453 posts
9,935 battles
12 hours ago, AngreyNoob said:

Boring. 

BBiatches you mean?

• Funny 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,423 posts
6,923 battles

Shhh...

Do you hear it ?

The sound of GIT GUD.

PS : happily farming BBabies with Worcester from behind my islands.

• Bad 1

Players
112 posts
3 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

It is an easy and effective tactic indeed. My only complaint is that counterplay options are somewhat limited if you combine high arcs, isles and radar. You can either stay away because usually high arc means less range and longer flight times or you can kill all of his friends first (already winning the game in most cases) before you can flank and push the enemy out of position.

Or you can pull a spotting plane and put your cursor between where the shells are originatig, and doubleclick?

Edit: As a BB of course, and you'll need some range.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,998 posts
10,396 battles

Funnily enough, the most convenient way of countering this is be in a battleship with a spotter plane at sufficiently great range to be able to arc the shells over the island yourself and blap the cruiser who thought himself save.

Coincidence? I think not ...

• Funny 1

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
249 posts
3,103 battles

Effective as this playstyle can be I detest it. Ships creeping in and out from behind islands. Gimme a break!

Unrealistic and boring. Analogous of "strong bush kemping" in WOT; except in WOT it's somewhat historical.

• Cool 1

Players
1,929 posts
7,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Zimbit said:

Or you can pull a spotting plane and put your cursor between where the shells are originatig, and doubleclick?

Edit: As a BB of course, and you'll need some range.

1) If that said BB HAS a spotting plane

2) That the spotting planes doesn't get shot down by 8.4 km AA

3) Hasn't got flat arcs

4) Is so far back in able to do this.  Further adding to the high tier camping meta.

5) First sniff of detection, he pops his head back into the island nice and snug.

just saying :cap_tea:

It's a counter tactics for sure, but you gotta admit that the stars need to be aligned abit.  Normally you have to kill everything round it then flank around within something that isn't a poor DD. Heavy cruisers and BB are perfect for this but in this high tier meta, no one pushes unless their are 3-4 ships left.  People don't like to be HE spammed and kited to death when they try to push.  

Rightly or wrongly, It basically creates static game play...Which i think many of us find boring.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,303 battles
4 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

But anyone doing this needs a) someone else to spot for them so they have a target to lob shells at and b) someone else with line of fire on anything they radar. In other words it's a largely helpless and team reliant position. You just said it yourself, you don't need to directly beat the island hugger to win. The counterplay is indirect.

[SHAD]
Players
23 posts
8,886 battles

Soviet BBs incoming???? OMG the WG bias gave the moskba 50mm armor in the bow, so i assume soviet BB will have at least 999mm armor.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,998 posts
10,396 battles
3 minutes ago, Ostria74 said:

Soviet BBs incoming???? OMG the WG bias gave the moskba 50mm armor in the bow, so i assume soviet BB will have at least 999mm armor.

K-1000 for tier IX, with WG designing a more powerful version to take the tier X slot.