7.6 Ingame FPS drop and stutter

3 comments in this topic

Question

[U-W]
Players
1 post
1,704 battles

Hello,

I have been playing WOWS for a long time now, and i am used to the usual issues, like slow UI in port that consumes 99% of my GPU cycles. However i have never had any issues with FPS or performance in-game until the recent patch 7.6.

The issue seems to be random, but can make the game unplayable, Every few seconds while zoomed in, the game will stutter, if i zoom out the  game will stutter, if i rotate the camera, the game will stutter. if i use gin cam (z) the game will not stutter, if my ship is destroyed, the game will not stutter, it seems to be really bad when there are smoke or torpedoes in the field. but i cant confirm this as it can happen when these arnt in play.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 pro

Xeon x5675 6 core 12 thread @ 4 Ghz

24GB DDR3 Ram (Tripple Channel).

GTX 770  Factory O/C.

I have tried  resetting the GFX to High from custom and it made no difference. 

Any help would be appreciated, or if you have heard of anyone with a similar issue. 

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Players
1 post
421 battles
2 hours ago, BriggsyUK said:

Hello,

I have been playing WOWS for a long time now, and i am used to the usual issues, like slow UI in port that consumes 99% of my GPU cycles. However i have never had any issues with FPS or performance in-game until the recent patch 7.6.

The issue seems to be random, but can make the game unplayable, Every few seconds while zoomed in, the game will stutter, if i zoom out the  game will stutter, if i rotate the camera, the game will stutter. if i use gin cam (z) the game will not stutter, if my ship is destroyed, the game will not stutter, it seems to be really bad when there are smoke or torpedoes in the field. but i cant confirm this as it can happen when these arnt in play.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 pro

Xeon x5675 6 core 12 thread @ 4 Ghz

24GB DDR3 Ram (Tripple Channel).

GTX 770  Factory O/C.

I have tried  resetting the GFX to High from custom and it made no difference. 

Any help would be appreciated, or if you have heard of anyone with a similar issue. 

Thanks!

Hi there fellow captains & BriggsyUK ,

same here after the 7.6.

Have tried eveyting I know from trying different drivers to fresh install of Win 10 with the same result.

Specs:

Windows 10

i7 8700k OC @ 4.9ghz

16GB DDR4 3600 Ram

Asus Stix OC 1080ti (factory oc)

Some matches the FPS is fine and then it drops without reason. Temps are fine i.e. 39c on the CPU and 59c on the GFX.

As my fellow captain BriggsyUK said, any help/pointers etc would be great.

Thanks

Players
1 post
5,004 battles

Hi,

same here. Never had issues like that before 7.6- frame drops and stuttering sometimes in harbour and mostly at start of match for some seconds but recovering back to normal and most of the time stays OK.

Let`s see if update to 7.7 fixes that issue again- behavior looks like some memory leak and interrupt blocking compute time cause by something.

Lets hope for 7.7