You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

HARDEST mission - INDI.maraton

36 comments in this topic

[O-S-W]
Players
443 posts
12,625 battles

which mission you cannt finish? or was extrem hard? write TIER, or your ship also

for me until now... 150 hits (nurnberg VI) and problably 1750XP lexington, akatsuki.. 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,125 posts

The hardest mission is today: 3 defence/cap/partial cap ribbons in a victorious battle. The prevalence of standard battle (and epicentre to a minor degree) is just too high for that. 

Did all the other missions without too much hassle. Wasn't expecting to finish the 150 hits one, but then an Atlanta fell out of an American-container for the mission before that one, so that made it very easy.

• Cool 4

[O-S-W]
Players
443 posts
12,625 battles

with premium actualy its all kids thing, 

i forgott to write, ... only hard guys without it :))

On 7/2/2018 at 8:36 AM, MrFingers said:

The hardest mission is today: 3 defence/cap/partial cap ribbons in a victorious battle. The prevalence of standard battle (and epicentre to a minor degree) is just too high for that. 

reaaly..i thought.. now alll mission there will be really easy, that this 1750XP last hardest

[SCRUB]
Players
5,453 posts
9,485 battles
30 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The hardest mission is today: 3 defence/cap/partial cap ribbons in a victorious battle

Just play a gun DD and bait the enemy DD into partial capping...three defense ribbons can be achieved with one salvo :P

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,983 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, aboomination sagte:

three defense ribbons can be achieved with one salvo :P

if you are lucky enought and get domination battles...but if you are put into standard mode all the time, those ribbons are hard to get, as MrFingers has already pointed out...

[SCRUB]
Players
5,453 posts
9,485 battles
5 minutes ago, Bismark_ohne_Zeh said:

if you are lucky enought and get domination battles...but if you are put into standard mode all the time, those ribbons are hard to get, as MrFingers has already pointed out...

As if domination games were rare ^^

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,634 posts
8,541 battles

So far: Win, survive and place top 3.

I can reliably place top 3 and survive if I don't need to win.

I can reliably win and survive if I don't have to score high.

I can reliably place top 3 and win if I don't need to survive.

Doing all three is basically just a coin flip.

[QUAK]
[QUAK]
Beta Tester
622 posts
9,149 battles
26 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

So far: Win, survive and place top 3.

I can reliably place top 3 and survive if I don't need to win.

I can reliably win and survive if I don't have to score high.

I can reliably place top 3 and win if I don't need to survive.

Doing all three is basically just a coin flip.

It was the same for me...

Beta Tester
221 posts
6,263 battles

Shoot down 30 aircraft took me the longest. Eventually got it by playing the Kidd a lot and not being to proud too burn the def AA on random passing fighter squadrons.

I agree missions with multiple conditions are often the most frustrating. Each individual condition can be quite easy but the more you chain together the more chance you'll miss out on one. It usually seems like I get all the conditions but lose and then the games I win are such a walkover I don't get the damage/kills needed.

• Funny 1

[O-S-W]
Players
443 posts
12,625 battles
Před 1 minutou Unknown_Lifeform řekl/a:

Shoot down 30 aircraft took me the longest.

that was ok for me..with indepedence was done in 2 battles:))

Beta Tester
221 posts
6,263 battles
1 minute ago, Milan_G_ said:

that was ok for me..with indepedence was done in 2 battles:))

True, the easiest way to get plane kill missions is to just play a carrier, but I didn't want to inflict my carrier play on an undeserving team. :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,191 posts
7,843 battles

The mission with 150 hits was surprisingly hard. Failed 3 times with Atlanta ... did not expect that ... but made it with Makarov in a T8 battle.

The 1750xp-mission took me some time too. Finished it with Z-39 in a battle where i could get multible caps. In XP missions a DD and capping is always a safe way to do it, imo.

All in all the missions are ok. Not too hard and not too easy.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,125 posts
51 minutes ago, aboomination said:

As if domination games were rare ^^

Ever since a few patches ago, I get waaaay more Standard battles than before. I've kept track of it since 0.7.6 was churned out, and right now it's 62% Standard Battle, 31% Domination and 7% Epicenter for me (T6-8 ships).

• Cool 1

Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles

for me it was 

five fires, 15k fire damage and win and survive the battle.

I either lost the battle, got blown up or rng said: "no fire for you!"

[RL7S]
Players
154 posts
2,356 battles

30 planes was hard, all the carriers went into hiding, was getting frustrating playing just to complete that mission and getting game after game with no carriers.

Was stuck on 24 kills, clawed out 3 floatplane kills in 9 battles seeing only one carrier who of course ignored me. Almost given up but decided to try one more game just before the reset, got double carriers and 9 kills.

Really hate missions like that which are so dependent on getting a particular set of MM to make any progress.

Players
112 posts

None hard, if you have the right ships.

150 hits? Belfast, Mino or neptune etc. even 600 hits a battle can be obtained with Mino.

Kill 30 planes? Any CV, in 1-2 battles

Fires: Conq, Belfast, Hipper, roon etc (Flags ease it up).

1750 XP etc: Tier 9-10 can easily do it

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
371 posts
8,330 battles
25 minutes ago, Zimbit said:

None hard, if you have the right ships.

This.

If you don't have the right ships or classes the indy missions become a chore. A sign of a bad mission design.

Players
1,063 posts
8,050 battles

None of them felt really difficult, but I think it helps immensely if you have a wide selection of ships to draw from.

150 main gun hits -- this is just a rate of fire thing, lots of ships make this easy.

Destroy enemy ship, win, and survive -- this is actually super easy in a CV, because you virtually always survive winning battles.

I haven't done today's thing (3 x Capture/Assist/Defend in a winning battle) but this seems like something you'd do in a DD. Cap/assist once and throw a few shells at capping enemy ships.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
185 posts
1 hour ago, Alex_Connor said:

30 planes was hard, all the carriers went into hiding, was getting frustrating playing just to complete that mission and getting game after game with no carriers. [...]

Not really hard. Boring, though. I don't play any carriers and kept struggling in high tiers until I had the splendid idea to dust off that Duke of York, assign my AA Minotaur's captain, equip fitting signals and upgrades and the ugly snowwhite camo perfectly roleplaying a noob. Ended up in a match with two enemy carriers of tier 6 and am still laughing when thinking back to it ... ^^

Players
1,063 posts
8,050 battles

30 planes -- if you want to guarantee enemy planes, it's easiest to bring a CV yourself. :Smile_Default:

I don't play CV's much, but for missions like this it's super helpful to keep one mid-tier CV in port.

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
18 minutes ago, jss78 said:

None of them felt really difficult, but I think it helps immensely if you have a wide selection of ships to draw from.

150 main gun hits -- this is just a rate of fire thing, lots of ships make this easy.

Destroy enemy ship, win, and survive -- this is actually super easy in a CV, because you virtually always survive winning battles.

I haven't done today's thing (3 x Capture/Assist/Defend in a winning battle) but this seems like something you'd do in a DD. Cap/assist once and throw a few shells at capping enemy ships.

Surprasingly hard...finally I made it with 2 caps and 1 assist with Akizuki.I tried it also with gaede but t6 was full of dds :-)

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,431 posts
9,444 battles

150 hits was easy, just took uzikazi (wtf is its name) IJN dd gunboat, parked in smoke, first game over 250 hits and job done. Even fired my torps for gits and shiggles.

Players
4,906 posts
6,049 battles
7 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Likely just going to play some Harekaze for that, if it doesn't get done with Fiji or Leander. Just something that can play around caps and even with epicenter, just reset the enemy capping progress once or twice and cap a circle or two and it is done.

I found getting 1.75k base exp the hardest so far, as it was on the weekend and I was busy with work. Got it done eventually, but was prepared to skip that mission. Got all the others done so far, so would be no big deal, but well, at that point I go full completionist.

Looking at upcoming missions, Set two fires and get two citadels might need a bit, given how I'd likely have to either play a HE spamming cruiser in close range brawls to get cits or try set fires with a BB. And if rng does not favour me those days... Overall, should be an easy marathon though.