You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
piritskenyer

What is the stupidest thing you did today?

302 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,253 posts
3,482 battles

So we have a "Who have you met" , a "What have you done" and even a "Just how much carrying does it take?" thread, but we don't have one where we describe our own mistakes and stupid "things" relating to the game.

I'm going to start: 

I've been playing WG titles since '12, and in all that time, I've been using premium vehicles to grind credits and crew xp. Only I didn't realise until yesterday that when you retrain a commander for a new ship and put him in a premium ship, his skills won't be restricted in the premium ship like they woud be in the shi he is being retrained for. I counted a little and I conservatively estimated that my error cost me around 8k gold.

So yeah, that's the stupidest "thing" today.

How about you guys?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,434 battles

Thought it was a good idea to mow my lawn, which took about an hour and a half while the temperature was over 30 (and no it isn't a ride-on, wished it bloody was though!).

• Funny 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

"Oh a Neptune 6km away full broadside ! I'm sure I can dev strike him with a few well placed Lolanta AP salvoes !"

20 shatters later, angry Neptune 6km away looking my way.
Whoops.

• Funny 10

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,984 posts

I bet 300€ on Spain and 300€ on Croatia, as i was sure they will win in regular time... they didn’t.

• Funny 8

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,636 posts
8,549 battles

I charged a low health Bayern and a low health Queen Elisabeth in my Kamikaze, which I deemed pretty safe since I had a lot of health left. All went well and they both sunk.

Emboldened by my triumph and the fact that we were winning, I decided to also charge a Lyon to maybe also get the last cap. What I had failed to noticed though was that while we had a good point advantage, it was just me and a Belfast left on our team.

When I realized, already inside the Lyon's detection range, I turned out broadside to him as he was already sailing away from me so that I wouldn't let him get any full penetration on me. What he did mange though was hitting 7 out of 8 shells for 7 overpenetration.

Left on a sliver of health I went dark inside my smoke as the enemy CV hovered his planes on top of me. I waited for as long as I could while moving back and forward in the smoke.

Despite my blunder it worked out in the end as the CV only had fighters and TBs close by when I dashed from my hiding spot with speed boost and the Lyon didn't take any shots either as I met up with the Belfast for AA cover to wait out the battle timer.

True overconfidence.

• Funny 1

Players
1,879 posts
10,556 battles
1 hour ago, The_Baptist said:

I visited this topic.

^^^^ Reading this post.

On topic, recently I was trying to do some missions. Picked my Inde and decided to do the mission in co-op. Clicked battle, alt-tab while waiting for the match to start, alt tap back in wondering a) why are there so many ships per side in a c-op battle and b) why does the other side not have bot names before realizing I forget to click co-op and ended up in a tier 8 random match instead :cap_book:

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

Thought the CA in my team would support my DD at cap!

[NED]
Players
1,700 posts
6,405 battles

Pushing in a BB expecting cruisers and other BBs to support me while i was in cap.

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,595 battles
20 minutes ago, Rookie2380 said:

Tried to play a DD in current radar meta

Thats nothing...I tried to cap with DD in quite early game (T10).

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles

I bought the Monaghan admirals bundle despite the fact that I got her from a mission. 

Reason was, I didn’t get the mission for the commemorative flag when I played her yesterday. 

After the purchase, someone told me, I have to play her in randoms not coop to get tha mission. 

Is this true @MrConway, @Crysantos

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,381 posts
11,992 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I bought the Monaghan admirals bundle despite the fact that I got her from a mission. 

Reason was, I didn’t get the mission for the commemorative flag when I played her yesterday. 

After the purchase, someone told me, I have to play her in randoms not coop to get tha mission. 

Is this true @MrConway, @Crysantos

Hey Jethro,

Let me check when I'm in the office in a bit. But usually commemorative flags are only included in the Admiral's packages.

Greetings, Crysantos

[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles

Weeel, was in a battle on "Warrior's Path" map going to support our DD at B cap in a Mogami. So far- so good, right? Distinctly remember thinking "i should pass BEHIND the island just next to the cap, because if I get spotted in front of it, I will get killed." (because I am highly intelligent, tactically brilliant and of course NEVER wrong, as you can see for yourself) - Oh weeelll, for some unknown reason I then went on ahead right to the front of that blasted island anyway and sure enough, immediately ate 2 citadels and spent the rest of my 15 seconds of life in a "Hail of Glory" being shot to ribbons by all the 153 Gazillion ships which apparently constituted the enemy team near B cap at the time - Brilliant!:cap_like:

It was awesome while it lasted, but in hindsight I probably should have listened to myself in the first place...:fish_boom:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

1,548 posts
10,140 battles

I did put faith in my teammates, and thats why I am going to give seal to myself.

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

• Funny 4

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i woke up early today after spending 2 days drinking at bachelor party...

• Funny 3

Players
446 posts
897 battles

Very early on in the game, tried to put real life tactics in here, one of which is to show as much side as possible to bring all guns to bear. Got oblirated. :cap_book:

• Funny 1

Players
1,378 posts
5,380 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

After the purchase, someone told me, I have to play her in randoms not coop to get the mission. 

Got my mission in Co-Op after I won the Monaghan in the Crates.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

@ topic: Getting out of bed.

34 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I have my final Msc exam in 2 days and I'm still not studying...

Finished my M.Sc last week. Still waiting for the final mark, though, because the 2nd reviewer didn't manage to read my thesis before my defence presentation. He only had one and a half week. :Smile_hiding:

Good luck. :Smile_honoring:

1,548 posts
10,140 battles
55 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

@ topic: Getting out of bed.

Finished my M.Sc last week. Still waiting for the final mark, though, because the 2nd reviewer didn't manage to read my thesis before my defence presentation. He only had one and a half week. :Smile_hiding:

Good luck. :Smile_honoring:

I finished 4 of 5 my exams, and one is in 2 months... You lazy potatoes, less WOWS more book.  :Smile_trollface:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
713 posts

Spotting for the team while playing DDs.

First match I spotted halv the enemy team nonstop for 7 min. That got me 1650 spotting damage.

Our BBs retreated back into the corner. They called me a noob for having to pull back while the enemy DM radared himself forward with each smoke he could sit in.

Next game I had 7 ship support. Contest cap and spot enemy YueYang. His team radared and deleted me.

My team completely ignored enemy DD. 7 ships ignored the only spotted ship atm.

• Angry 1