You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grimwill

Collections - 2nd anniversary, help me finish it!

30 comments in this topic

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

Hello Wargaming,

A random post with so much other exciting stuff going on at the moment but......

I stupidly didn’t finish the second anniversary collection and the completionist part of me is annoyed.

Any chance you could either pop some containers in the shop (like Bismarck) or allow me to use the duplicates from other campaigns to finish this one?

Cheers,

Grim

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Erm, you mean, last years event?

How about no?

Try and not be a slacker this year?

• Funny 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

Everyone makes mistakes, give a captain a break.... :cap_hmm:.

It’s sad to see the icon languishing unfinished.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Grimwill said:

Everyone makes mistakes, give a captain a break.... :cap_hmm:.

A break for what? 2nd anniversary event, during the 2nd anniversary month. Why are you trying to equate an anniversary event with a permanent campaign?

Ah, it serves your narrative, nevermind.

2 minutes ago, Grimwill said:

It’s sad to see the icon languishing unfinished.

No its not...

• Cool 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

Good to see the crowd hasn’t changed much in here :Smile_sad:, I’m sure WG don’t mind the extra cash if they did it.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
Just now, Grimwill said:

Good to see the crowd hasn’t changed much in here :Smile_sad:

Ow, are we not accomodating enough for your snowflakyness?

2nd anniversary event was last year...

Can I have some of the CBT goodies? I mean, its not like WG has to build the beta ships now have they?

• Cool 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

Hey chap, just a suggestion, if it offends you and you’ve got all this time to comment on it that’s fine.

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
417 posts
5,938 battles

Only collection I'm missing too. So... yeah, sure, sell me some crates WG :cap_cool:never mind the gatekeepers of something as holy and skill-based as (checks notes) anniversary collections. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles

Can't have plebes like you sporting those sweet celebratory camos, right? :Smile_facepalm:

I don't understand people who are against giving others a chance at finishing the collection. It's not like the camos and the flag are out of this world. They are nice, even though they are limited to 1x T7 cruiser, 2x T8 DDs, 1x T8 cruiser, 1x T8 BB. The only ones that are worth it are the New Orleans camo, since T7 is still better than T8, and the Charles Martell camo, as the ship is really powerful. WG could make some cash granting paid access to the collection.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

Haha, we’ll said.  It kinda makes sense to both us and WG I’d have thought.

I’d forgotten there are camo’s attached to it. Thanks for reminding me.

Which ships did the camps attach to?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Can't have plebes like you sporting those sweet celebratory camos, right? :Smile_facepalm:

I don't understand people who are against giving others a chance at finishing the collection. It's not like the camos and the flag are out of this world. They are nice, even though they are limited to 1x T7 cruiser, 2x T8 DDs, 1x T8 cruiser, 1x T8 BB. The only ones that are worth it are the New Orleans camo, since T7 is still better than T8, and the Charles Martell camo, as the ship is really powerful. WG could make some cash granting paid access to the collection.

The thing is, even you call it only collection, its directly bound to the anniversary, so its not like the bismarck campaign, that you two do not like it means nothing.

It has nothing to do with "plebs sporting camos", which are nice to have, I dont need to pay for perma camos, and all to do with not being there, or not doing enough.

Again, where is my shot at the beta ships, or all the previous event ones? Why are you not outraged that we can not get those?

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
13 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Again, where is my shot at the beta ships, or all the previous event ones? Why are you not outraged that we can not get those?

Because it's only a question of time before WG decides to monetize them? If enough people say they want to buy them, they will do it.

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

Juanx - I don’t want anything I’m not entitled to.  I didn’t play closed Alpha and won’t every get the Iwiki, nor expect it.

But I have been a regular player and contributor to Wargaming and this game.  I’ve worked through all the other collections and picked up all of the premiums ships available.

I’d just like to complete this campaign I missed for “reasons” at the time and if you don’t at least ask nicely, you don’t get.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
230 posts
9,829 battles

There'll be a new collection for the third year, probably. Collect it! :)

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
23 minutes ago, Grimwill said:

Juanx - I don’t want anything I’m not entitled to.  I didn’t play closed Alpha and won’t every get the Iwiki, nor expect it.

But I have been a regular player and contributor to Wargaming and this game.  I’ve worked through all the other collections and picked up all of the premiums ships available.

I’d just like to complete this campaign I missed for “reasons” at the time and if you don’t at least ask nicely, you don’t get.

Certainly not enough to get the camos, or you would not be posting here...

And then it goes back to "entitlement", you are not entitled to even ask, or to get a response. You seem to imply since you have spent money on the game, you are entitled to some sort of special treatment: "oh look the poor fella, was not able to fulfill easy as pie missions in game because reasons, and now wants a redo".

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,654 battles

You seem quite intractable lol.

Kysmet - I hope so, I thought perhaps when the third anniversary comes out they could do a wrap up for the second.  That would be awesome.  Given the chap above I best not miss it or god help me asking for two!!!

[NWP]
Players
1,987 posts
12,916 battles

Juanx, give OP a break will you. He asked a question that is not unreasonable nor gamebreaking. 

And yes, there are precedents with other campaigns. So it doesn't hurt to ask

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
417 posts
5,938 battles

Christ the pettiness in display here. And it's not like Grimwill here wasn't playing at the time, he just didn't get enough containers in that narrow bit of time to complete a purely for-fun collection of virtual items which such amazing prizes as camos with perfectly meh stats. Who is afraid that their Kiev camo is gonna be devalued by having someone else who also played at the time be able to get it, 1 year later?

I'm all for drama when WG plays a short bait-and-switch with their stuff, like when they put the Free French Forces flag behind a 30.000 base exp in 3 days grind around Bastille Day, and then a few days later made it available again for a much easier mission, but we're talking about a guy who started the collection and about 1 year later.  sheesh.

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,586 posts
7,721 battles

I want the Birthday present for my Birthday 30 years back too ....

But to be more ontopic: I did not have the time to finish the event too, but that event will never come back and that is ok. Same for the not finished Collection, and that is really ok. As the name of the Collection says it was the second Birthday of the game, and that birthday is gone and will never come back. Same for the Collection.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

So its OK for him to ask, because snowflakes.

But its oh so very wrong of me to point out how little sense it makes, because mah feelz right?

Again, where are my CBT ships?

• Bad 1

[WCWVE]
Players
865 posts
13,050 battles

It is not the fact that you pointed it out but the negative way that you have of making your comments that get people annoyed with you 

I would support the idea for those who did not manage to finish a collection 

Try being reasonable and as for CBT you need to have a standard tier 8 ship and play a battle in it before you get your CBT ships if you are referring to clan battles otherwise please elaborate because I have no idea what you are referring to if not clan wars 

8 hours ago, Juanx said:

So its OK for him to ask, because snowflakes.

But its oh so very wrong of me to point out how little sense it makes, because mah feelz right?

Again, where are my CBT ships?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,995 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, pzkpfwv1d sagte:

Try being reasonable and as for CBT you need to have a standard tier 8 ship and play a battle in it before you get your CBT ships if you are referring to clan battles otherwise please elaborate because I have no idea what you are referring to if not clan wars 

I guess he means the ships from/for the Closed Beta Test