You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

Demolition expert questions

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
446 posts
897 battles

I was looking around to see how demolition expert(DE) works, and wheather it is worth it or not on the Russian cruisers. I have used the search function, and got nothing, while the word DE got unrelated stuff everywhere. So decided to ask here to find out how DE works, if it is added on or makes virtually no difference at all.

7 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, howardxu_23 sagte:

So if I’m correct, DE, flag stuff and IFHE skill add or subtract the fire chance per shell, then take the new value and multiply by 90% assuming if target has fire prevention, right?

Yes, but there are some more factors. The Wiki has them all.

Vor 13 Minuten, howardxu_23 sagte:

with that said, is IFHE nessary for all Russian cruisers correct? If so I think I can do without DE then, since my luck is not all that great, so rather have a more consistent source of damage.

Not for all, only those with 150 - 180mm guns, so Moskva for example not.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,479 battles

DE is useful on every russian cruiser, it can also help negate the -3% penalty to IFHE which is useful on all russian cruisers from tier V Kirov to tier IX Dimitri Donskoi.

It may not be a noticable increase in fire chance (still -1% with IFHE) but most soviet cruisers only have 12% or 13% fire chance so against a target with FP increases such as victor lima flag, india xray flag and DE can significantly improve chance of a fire.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,479 battles
6 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

So how it is calculated, added on or multiplied on?

It is additive, as are all other fire chance bonuses and penalties.

Chapa 12% + DE 2% - IFHE 3% + VL flag 0.5% + IX flag 0.5% = 12% chance of fire (2% against target with FP).

After you've added or removed any modifiers you can check the HE Shells fire chance stat in port to double check how it's been modified.

image.thumb.png.a22e4e183832c0f46100e8054c6818ca.png

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, Benser sagte:

Chapa 12% + DE 2% - IFHE 3% + VL flag 0.5% + IX flag 0.5% = 12% chance of fire (2% against target with FP).

Only the last part is wrong. FP is a 0,9 multiplier, which would result in 10.08% fire chance.

The complete formula is in the WIki: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

Players
446 posts
897 battles

So if I’m correct, DE, flag stuff and IFHE skill add or subtract the fire chance per shell, then take the new value and multiply by 90% assuming if target has fire prevention, right?

with that said, is IFHE nessary for all Russian cruisers correct? If so I think I can do without DE then, since my luck is not all that great, so rather have a more consistent source of damage.

Players
2,831 posts
3,151 battles
On 1-7-2018 at 1:41 PM, howardxu_23 said:

I think that is correct. Better use the flags if you want to.