You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TGD_2016

*edited* the warning system

20 comments in this topic

Players
14 posts
500 battles

When you started a mach and then a dude that have no sail license or just stupid, he sailed into me and i got a warning for thaT!

And it happen alot of time

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,169 posts

The only way you can get a warning for friendly team ramming is if you're already pink, since they've changed it in the last patch that you can NOT inflict fire or floods with friendly fire that means you have had to torp a team mate or repeatedly shell one.

If however you were pink and afk sitting it out rather than just playing a few COOP games then I'm not at all surprised someone rammed you.

If it happens a lot of the time then you really need to learn how to use torpedoes and guns better.

[KAKE]
Players
1,335 posts
3,588 battles

I actually think OP is talking about the warning messages that pop up in chat...

Which makes it even more daft, because they don't mean anything at all.

Players
2,169 posts
29 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I actually think OP is talking about the warning messages that pop up in chat...

Which makes it even more daft, because they don't mean anything at all.

If that's what he means then yes, they mean exactly nothing of any consequence, they're just a reminder to drive better or to tell the clown that was Mr Oblivious and sailed into you in a way that you couldn't avoid to wake up.

A "Warning" is given if you do a lot of real damage to an ally, the text from a bit of nudging isn't really a warning.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

A "Warning" is given if you do a lot of real damage to an ally, the text from a bit of nudging isn't really a warning.

It's as much of a warning as the claxon you hear when you're heading towards an island, but also in chat to announce how badly you sail to the rest of the team.

[KAKE]
Players
1,335 posts
3,588 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

It takes two to ram.

Two long, hard objects filled with seamen, smashing together....

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,589 posts
13,507 battles
11 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The only way you can get a warning for friendly team ramming is if you're already pink, since they've changed it in the last patch that you can NOT inflict fire or floods with friendly fire that means you have had to torp a team mate or repeatedly shell one.

Got pink from hitting a friendly with 3 shells yesterday. :Smile_smile:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,215 posts
14,969 battles
8 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Two long, hard objects filled with seamen, smashing together....

Kaf9ymm.gif

• Funny 3

Players
632 posts
7,668 battles
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Which was how many K damage? The nice thing is if you can avoid doing more than every few days it's only for 2 games. 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,589 posts
13,507 battles
41 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Which was how many K damage? The nice thing is if you can avoid doing more than every few days it's only for 2 games. 

2800 dmg. I only got 2 games aswell. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,357 posts
11,171 battles
On 1-7-2018 at 9:36 PM, MortenTardo said:

On 1-7-2018 at 10:49 PM, That_Other_Nid said:

On 1-7-2018 at 11:32 PM, MortenTardo said:

2800 dmg. I only got 2 games aswell. 

Yesterday a 6hp ship rammed into me (I was stationary) and I got a teamkill .. :cap_book:

[ONE2]
Players
2,685 posts
15,336 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

Yesterday a 6hp ship rammed into me (I was stationary) and I got a teamkill .. :cap_book:

Well yeah, there is that. :cap_wander_2:

BUT USUALLY when you ram into a friendly team member, both of you will automatically get the same warning (the one you can see in the team chat) and because the damage inflicted is usually negligible, it means nothing. Of course, if the other ship is in very bad health like in this case and dies of it, then it can't be helped and that's just crazy rotten bad luck and nothing more. :Smile_Default:

In any case, no need to sweat over it. Pink is a beautiful color, as long as you don't wear it too often or on purpose. :cap_like:

Players
7 posts
3,890 battles
Il y a 2 heures, RAHJAILARI a dit :

Well yeah, there is that. :cap_wander_2:

BUT USUALLY when you ram into a friendly team member, both of you will automatically get the same warning (as you can see from the team chat). because the damage inflicted is usually negligible, it means nothing. Of course, if the other ship is in very bad health like in this case and dies of it, then it just can't be helped and that's just crazy rotten bad luck and nothing more. :Smile_Default:

In any case, no need to sweat over it. Pink is a beautiful color, as long as you don't wear it too often or on purpose. :cap_like:

After ramming/gently touching an ally, you only see one warning in the chat, giving the false impression only one player is taken responsible. But both players get the warning, even if only one is displayed.

If you shoot or torp an ally, then there is only one warning for obvious reasons (even if the ally intently turned into torps).

• Cool 1

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

I had a similar scenario quite some time ago, smoke changes hadn't even been talked about then. A burning Kongõ tried to hide inside my smoke screen and just gently tapped my Nicholas in the side, the collision was so gentle my ship didn't even move and as he was on the opposite side of where the enemies were, I didn't even notice him before the game notified me of 2 game penalty. :cap_wander: I was only lightly salted by the automated stupidity and as the rest of our team managed to work together to claim a victory it became a lolz memory :cap_like:

[SNUBS]
Players
1,303 posts
6,908 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

mye and these days everyone wants to sit behind the same island :D good luck dodging lol 

[HOO]
Players
460 posts
6,665 battles

I had this battle today, for which I received a one game pink... no idea what I did to earn that.   As far as I can tell I did zero damage to anyone.   Although I do like turning pink.

image.thumb.png.dcb8f8f5fd6e1eca7bf9bb663883e7fc.png