You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

Commanders Gifts

27 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
213 posts

Would WG please allow Commanders and Deputy Commanders of a clan to distribute their personal credits to other up and coming members of their clan for free (no dubloons or free xp used to do this). Some players dont have the money to buy premium account status. Making lower tier players wait and grind to get credits has a negative effect on them and in some cases they lose their enthusiasm for the game. Please consider this for the future  Cheers

AAA Clan Image.png

[DAVY]
Players
1,623 posts
9,646 battles

been said before, and WG have said no, as it opens up all sorts of problems with underhand deals - for example commanders paying better player to join for a clan battle season etc...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,636 posts
8,549 battles

Introducing a whole bunch of problems to solve the small issue of player retention in clans. Not a fan.

If players leave because they can't deal with the grind, then WG needs to either improve the grind or we accept that some people aren't okay with the progression in games like these. It's definitely not for everyone.

To be honest WoWs is actually very gentle on the grind compared to many other games with similar progression structure.

I'm not opposed to the general idea of helping newbies with credits, but I would need the solution to be less prone to abuse before I'm fine with it.

Maybe clan members can tick a box that makes 5-10% of their credit income from battles end up in a clan vault to then be distributed by the commander/deputies. Something along those lines.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,453 posts
9,485 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

they lose their enthusiasm for the game

Then they weren't meant to play any WG title in the first place.

Players
2,169 posts

There are plenty of ways this could be exploited by the unscrupulous, the obvious one being making a new member pay a silver price to join by making them a deputy commander then demoting them.

While I'd love to be able to give some of the silver I have to some of my fellow clan members I can completely understand why they're not likely to ever make a way to do it.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Just a simple: NO.

Beta Tester
2,540 posts
9,867 battles
9 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

Would WG please allow Commanders and Deputy Commanders of a clan to distribute their personal credits to other up and coming members of their clan for free (no dubloons or free xp used to do this). Some players dont have the money to buy premium account status. 

Do you know that WG is actually a company trying to make money by selling premium time etc? 

Players
123 posts
6,582 battles

Nice idea but no.

Besides the obvious problems already mentioned (WG wants to make money, People will misbehave and underhanded stuff will happen), Low Teir grind is important. That's how you learn to play the game, how you get aiming, angling and map awareness into your muscle memory.

Also it takes what? A month or two of casual gaming to fail your way to T6 on any single line (or at least T5 on several). Once you're at least mediocre in terms of experience you can still make money on a battle T6 and lower. T7 can be difficult to make money on. I find T8 and above really hard to make a profit at without a premium account, but I still manage it every once in a while.

(Those games are really good games, ones where I don't potato and my team actually manages to play together with some kind of coordination and minimal screaming in chat. Making a profit at T8 is a good indicator that you're doing something right, the trick is doing more often.)

If what you're asking for is to let Low Tier Clan members to be able to join the clan in battle, maybe you'd be better off asking for some kind of T5 version of Clan Battles.

Personally, I'd love to see a T3 Clan Battle, just because the Vampire is so much fun to play.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

Something like this will invite hackers and aother scum, so NO!

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

Oooooor instead of the requested feature:
-Clan commanders or however they are called can donate 1 ship per 6 weeks to a player.
-Said player can receive nothing else from this clan or any other clan if he decides to leave and join somewhere else for these 6 weeks.
-It should also be capped to 2 to 4 ships donated per account.

This solves pretty much everything mentioned before regarding under the table deals etc.

But as many before me i disagree.

I believe that grinding low tiers is a vital part of the learning experience and if you also sealclub at low tiers to grind money because you play without premium account that will make you a better player.
Or a player in another game if you cant handle it :Smile-_tongue:

Better performance = more xp = more money.

Players
907 posts
11,126 battles

And besides, it is of course, still possible to gift premium ships to other players via the shop, or even premium account. You can gift, you "just" need money to do so.

Not that it ever going to happen in the [MPT], mind you. "No work, no bread." :Smile_trollface:

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,743 posts
7,759 battles

None of this would help WG who want players to struggle with the grind. Reason being the grind is a lot easier if you have premium time and ships.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,131 posts

Related to that, there should be a "credit-sink" in this game. I'm piling up such vast amounts of credits, and there is nothing to spend them on.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Players
213 posts
On 7/2/2018 at 10:54 PM, MrFingers said:

Related to that, there should be a "credit-sink" in this game. I'm piling up such vast amounts of credits, and there is nothing to spend them on.

Agree something has to be done with all these credits Ive got. If you could gift some to your clan members it would be good

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,058 posts
6,109 battles
On 02/07/2018 at 1:54 PM, MrFingers said:

They did ships that cost free xp. They could have the same with credits, like a tier 9 premium that costs e.g. 750 million credits

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,529 posts
4,556 battles
On 1. 7. 2018 at 8:43 AM, aboomination said:

Then they weren't meant to play any WG title in the first place.

Not that I agree with the OP's suggestion, but what kind of twisted philosophy is this?
Once WG, forever WG? :etc_swear:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

cant you already buy people stuff through premium shop? isnt it called gift or smth? :Smile_trollface: and it has list of all your clanmates there :Smile_facepalm:

[NED]
Players
1,700 posts
6,405 battles

What a missed opportinity for WG not to have a gift option in the store that would solve most of OP,s needs.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,491 posts
5,880 battles
3 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

What a missed opportinity for WG not to have a gift option in the store that would solve most of OP,s needs.

I suppose this is sarcasm, since there is a gift option.

Players
3,418 posts
7,954 battles
On 1-7-2018 at 5:47 AM, HMS_BlackPud said:

Would WG please allow Commanders and Deputy Commanders of a clan to distribute their personal credits to other up and coming members of their clan for free (no dubloons or free xp used to do this). Some players dont have the money to buy premium account status. Making lower tier players wait and grind to get credits has a negative effect on them and in some cases they lose their enthusiasm for the game. Please consider this for the future  Cheers

AAA Clan Image.png

One can help 'lesser' playing by divving up with them! :Smile_great:

The fact that you don't mind getting your stats a bit lowered in order to teach a newling shows that you really care. Credits can be bought with €, just give them € if you want them to have more credits. Or donate some other stuff, there's ample opportunities that way.

I do agree that it would be a nice feature as it can really help newer player boost (like it does in online RPGs), but in this particular game there's a wide consensus that it has negative side-effects which may be damaging to the game.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,071 posts
26,010 battles
6 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

They did ships that cost free xp. They could have the same with credits, like a tier 9 premium that costs e.g. 750 million credits

Tru they can have a few ships that are cheap XP wise in the Tech tree, oddities but very expensive creditwise. I like the idea. I have 300M + and I am poor compared to some players.