You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hedgehog1963

Coal is the New Commander Slots

17 comments in this topic

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,743 posts
7,759 battles

So I want flags because I'm always short of the flooding and fire flags for my DDs... Always infuriated to get unwanted commander slots and now I'm getting coal.

I'll never have enough coal to buy anything worth having so please allow us not to receive coal.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,937 posts
6,260 battles

Getting coal instead of commander slots is a godsend in my book, with coal you can at least get something usefull, where as with skipper slots.... yeah. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,412 battles
25 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

So I want flags because I'm always short of the flooding and fire flags for my DDs... Always infuriated to get unwanted commander slots and now I'm getting coal.

I'll never have enough coal to buy anything worth having so please allow us not to receive coal.

Hey, but you can exchange coal for signals! 640 coal is worth one ESCL signal (sold in packages of 20 only) :Smile_teethhappy:

Unlike with commander slots, you're getting more than half a signal flag worth every time! :Smile-_tongue:

its-something.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TIPC]
Players
408 posts
17,823 battles
37 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

with your coal n buy flags so simple

[HOO]
Players
1,244 posts
2,661 battles
8 hours ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

with your coal n buy flags so simple

Thing is, those flags seem to cost a lot of coal, relative to other ways of getting them

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

So you are not satisfied with that other gift you got?

Lets do this, send a request to WG, any of your crates that will not contain whatever you feel you deserve, let them send it to me, I dont look down on gifts.

14 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Thing is, those flags seem to cost a lot of coal, relative to other ways of getting them

Well they might not be that needed then right? The other ways of getting them are: playing, or, paying overblown prices for real money. Either way, they are over expensive.

But did you not notice, WG has put the game in milking mode.

Players
3,418 posts
7,954 battles

I'd prefer the commander slots though (or at least a choice of commander slots or coal). They are (or were) probably not in a container I selected as I hadn't gotten commander slots in months now.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,743 posts
7,759 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

So you are not satisfied with that other gift you got?

Lets do this, send a request to WG, any of your crates that will not contain whatever you feel you deserve, let them send it to me, I dont look down on gifts.

Well they might not be that needed then right? The other ways of getting them are: playing, or, paying overblown prices for real money. Either way, they are over expensive.

How about I get flags instead of coal?

[HOO]
Players
1,244 posts
2,661 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

The game has been in milking mode since containers were but in the premium shop, and with the flood of premium BB's introduced 'to make use of all the hulls removed, and models not yet introduced'.

I can understand it to a point, the CV and AA rework will take a lot of development resources and that needs paying for, but their also seems to be a large element of pay cash to get to high tier, and going in ranked and clan battles.

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

[...]But did you not notice, WG has put the game in milking mode.

Thing is, WG have a very successful and probably profitable business. The thing with profitable businesses is, that every year, the shareholders expect you to turn more and more profit, which is probably why we see the monetisation side getting ever more shameless. Unfortunately, they (and in turn us) are victims of their own success to an extent.

Are there other ways to increase profits? For sure, like finding ways to bring in more players and, more importantly, finding a way to keep the players engaged and invested for longer. But the way they're doing it, is probably easier and, in the short term, works just as fine.

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
11 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Im not sure about that. For now loot rate for Coal from daily containers is good enough.

I had so far in almost every container 300-400 Coal since patch release.

[HOO]
Players
1,244 posts
2,661 battles
6 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

Thing is, WG have a very successful and probably profitable business. The thing with profitable businesses is, that every year, the shareholders expect you to turn more and more profit, which is probably why we see the monetisation side getting ever more shameless. Unfortunately, they (and in turn us) are victims of their own success to an extent.

And nobody forces us to part with the cash, we choose to do it. So really who is the bigger fool, WG for putting up the offers or us for buying them.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,390 posts
12,879 battles
2 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

Unfortunately you can only give +1 once...

Players
2,169 posts
6 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'd prefer the commander slots though (or at least a choice of commander slots or coal). They are (or were) probably not in a container I selected as I hadn't gotten commander slots in months now.

Lucky, in the 2 weeks before the patch I had 12 (3x4) from Signals and Camo containers, giving me 104 free slots in the Reserve.