You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

Arsenal... What am I not seeing?

21 comments in this topic

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Sorry if this has been brought up. Didn't see anything with a shallow search. Please correct me here because surely I must be overlooking something. From my POV it almost seems like I'm able to buy Flint and Black with steel alone. Not that I'm anyway near the reqs but still. Again: I know I'm overlooking something. But how can it be that those ships are available for just grinding?! I thought they were meant for the Ace Stamina players who risked (and probably have received) forced administration to the psych ward for reaching R1 in Rank battles a few times?! It surely can't be the case those reward ships for such extraordinary gamers are now available to peasants like me?!

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Only steel needed. Good luck with getting it tho.

I just wonder if boats in the arsenal will get rotated just  like premiums in tech tree.

Players
950 posts
8,874 battles

You still have to do a lot of work for them but yes you can buy them without ever bothering with ranked. 

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

You still have to do a lot of work for them but yes you can buy them without ever bothering with ranked. 

IMO: that SUCKS. Really! I always respect the players playing those ships. Because they had the stamina to grind through the ranks. And I think this is a slap in their face. Again: I lack the stamina to even bother to grind to R1 ever. So I don't deserve those ships. And what's next? Getting ARP Nachi with 10 million steel? I did suffer through that mission, though I heavily complained about it on the forum. Still I made it. I'd be pi**ed off if WG would add this ship to the Arsenal as well. Really: is there any exclusivity in this game?! I think Flint and Black should be rewarded only to the Ranked veterans. And to nobody else.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Ferry_25 sagte:

I think Flint and Black should be rewarded only to the Ranked veterans. And to nobody else.

I think it's good that you can decide what ships you get with steel.

It doesn't really make a difference if it's through Ranked or clanwars, both are competitive and need a lot of work.

You won't get enough steel from other sources, so these ships are still exclusive enough.

• Cool 3

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
On 7/1/2018 at 2:23 AM, ColonelPete said:

Grinding 10 million steel would be much more suffering than 10 Nachi missions...

I'd take the 10 million steel anytime.... The Nachi mission was a complete disaster IMO. A tough mission? OK. But not destroying 20 Russian cruisers. Hardly anybody played said cruiser at that time. Granted: WG has improved their missions since then. But I feel so sorry for the true fans who didn't make that.

But the ARP Nachi mission is beside my point: I find it ridiculous to be able to grind Flint and Black without grinding to R1 several times.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:28 AM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It doesn't really make a difference if it's through Ranked or clanwars, both are competitive and need a lot of work.

You won't get enough steel from other sources, so these ships are still exclusive enough.

OK. Point taken. Still I think said ships should be exclusively to Ranked veterans.

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles

First:

47 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Sorry if this has been brought up. Didn't see anything with a shallow search. Please correct me here because surely I must be overlooking something. From my POV it almost seems like I'm able to buy Flint and Black with steel alone. Not that I'm anyway near the reqs but still. Again: I know I'm overlooking something. But how can it be that those ships are available for just grinding?! I thought they were meant for the Ace Stamina players who risked (and probably have received) forced administration to the psych ward for reaching R1 in Rank battles a few times?! It surely can't be the case those reward ships for such extraordinary gamers are now available to peasants like me?!

And then:

28 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

IMO: that SUCKS. Really! I always respect the players playing those ships. Because they had the stamina to grind through the ranks. And I think this is a slap in their face. Again: I lack the stamina to even bother to grind to R1 ever. So I don't deserve those ships. And what's next? Getting ARP Nachi with 10 million steel? I did suffer through that mission, though I heavily complained about it on the forum. Still I made it. I'd be pi**ed off if WG would add this ship to the Arsenal as well. Really: is there any exclusivity in this game?! I think Flint and Black should be rewarded only to the Ranked veterans. And to nobody else.

I don't understand where the problem is in your opinion...

• Cool 1

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
1 minute ago, mrk421 said:

First:

And then:

I don't understand where the problem is in your opinion...

My problem is being to be able to grind those ships, yes, with much effort but still, without meeting the formerly Ranked criteria.

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles

But just a couple of posts ago you said yourself that reaching R1 is a grind. So, to answer your question, "...What am I not seeing?" I think the thing you're missing is that grind = grind

Not trying to be snarky or anything... :Smile_Default:

Players
950 posts
8,874 battles

@mrk421 You know what @Ferry_25 means. Ranked grind is a different grind compared with randoms. You dont lose anything with it, you just gain slowly and steadily.

So for a "x amount" xp grind it is going to take a lot of time but no stress about losing any progress like you do with ranked.

[TTT]
Players
4,249 posts
7,934 battles
6 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

My problem is being to be able to grind those ships, yes, with much effort but still, without meeting the formerly Ranked criteria.

the only even vaguely realistic way of getting that amount of Steel is through either Ranked or Clanwars. I mean, sure, you can also get it from Supercontainers - but good luck getting the what? eight? random Steel drops from Supercontainers this side of 2030... imho that is so unrealistic that it's really not worth getting bothered about...

(nota bene: this is of course based on the current ways to get Steel - there's no telling whether WG might introduce other ways in the future...)

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
408 posts
17,822 battles
23 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

i think u havent get it yet about Steel...u can earn it by taking rank1 in ranks or by been i typhoon leage...as for SC even if u get one and if still is Steel container it will be 1500 only so u got to play years to get staligrand fro example if u count only in SC steel..SO the system is prety fair it just give u the option to choose the ship that u like most if u play competitive..

• Cool 1

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

OK, I didn't mean to mock anyone. My whole point is the exclusivity of earning those ships by rank battles. The last season I got to R10. And I was satisfied with it. Tried it in the T10 boats but I saw the mapborder huggers and I couldn't stand it after 1 or 2 battles anymore. I highly respect the players who did manage to get to Flint and Black in this insane noob centered chaos. So my point is: I think it's unfair to be able to earn those ships by normally grinding. Even if I'd win them in 2030. But IIRC I'm already over halfway to Flint and at 1/3 of Black already. With coupon and so called "earned" charcoal. Really?! Coal is the main armament on my beloved St Louis cruiser, protecting my citadel!

On 7/1/2018 at 3:16 AM, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

i think u havent get it yet about Steel...u can earn it by taking rank1 in ranks or by been i typhoon leage...as for SC even if u get one and if still is Steel container it will be 1500 only so u got to play years to get staligrand fro example if u count only in SC steel..SO the system is prety fair it just give u the option to choose the ship that u like most if u play competitive..

Again: like I said: what am I missing here? And explain, like I'm a 6 year old, why "deemed OP ships" like Impregnator, Kamikaze (clones), Granny etc aren't available to grind in 2030?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,405 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Again: I lack the stamina to even bother to grind to R1 ever.

But isn't this exactly why you're nowhere near getting them for steel?

1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

With coupon and so called "earned" charcoal.

No. You can't get these ships for coal. They are for steel and steel can be traded for coal but not the other way around. So...

1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

what am I missing here?

The answer seems to be: you're missing what the steel is. There are two ways to obtain steel:

1. Reach R1 in Ranked

2. Win 30 matches (was it 30? Not 100% sure right now) in Typhoon league in CWs

I think there's also supposed to be a chance of getting a small amount from a SC but that's about it as for the methods of gathering steel. What it means is that the only way to get yourself a Flint and/or a Black without reaching R1 over and over again is to reach Typhon League (and win a not-so-insignificant number of battles there) with your clan over and over again.

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
11 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

[...]So my point is: I think it's unfair to be able to earn those ships by normally grinding. Even if I'd win them in 2030. But IIRC I'm already over halfway to Flint and at 1/3 of Black already. With coupon and so called "earned" charcoal. Really?! Coal is the main armament on my beloved St Louis cruiser, protecting my citadel!

But!

9 hours ago, eliastion said:

No. You can't get these ships for coal. They are for steel and steel can be traded for coal but not the other way around. So...

And to reiterate: Steel - the currency you can currently use to purchase only the Flint, Black or Stalingrad - is earned through competitive play exclusively (i.e. ranked or CB), Coal you can earn through normal game play and containers (except SC, which can also drop steel).

Therefore, in order to collect the necessary amount of Steel you need for purchasing those ships after the introduction of the Arsenal, you'd still have to grind to R1 during multiple seasons, or reach certain milestones in CB.

The system for progression in Ranked battles is inherently flawed, i.e. poor players can reach R1 if they're just tenacious enough, while good players that get unlucky with their teams and are not able to put in enough battles to offset that bad luck, may be unable to reach that milestone. Of course, being a good player significantly increases ones chances, but it's not a requirement. I bet you there are plenty of players sailing the Flint (or even Black), who have ~50% win rate in ranked, but rolled the dice enough times to get that lucky streak which took them to R1 in enough seasons to get those ships. For that reason, myself and many others it seems, don't see a problem with those ships - which are supposed to be awarded for the top players for their achievements in competitive play - being available for purchase for awards that are exclusive to competitive game modes. In fact, I think it's a very welcome change, that top players - whom those ships are intended to reward - now have access to these ships through high level competitive play (CB are a much better test of ones skill than Ranked), without having to endure the misery of Ranked battles.

And make no mistake, the not-so-good players will retain the ability to get these ships - through ranked battles as before, because they're unlikely to earn much Steel through Clan Battles due to their lack of sufficient skill.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,483 posts
5,953 battles
On 01/07/2018 at 3:19 AM, Ferry_25 said:

OK, I didn't mean to mock anyone. My whole point is the exclusivity of earning those ships by rank battles. The last season I got to R10. And I was satisfied with it. Tried it in the T10 boats but I saw the mapborder huggers and I couldn't stand it after 1 or 2 battles anymore. I highly respect the players who did manage to get to Flint and Black in this insane noob centered chaos. So my point is: I think it's unfair to be able to earn those ships by normally grinding. Even if I'd win them in 2030. But IIRC I'm already over halfway to Flint and at 1/3 of Black already. With coupon and so called "earned" charcoal. Really?! Coal is the main armament on my beloved St Louis cruiser, protecting my citadel!

ok,
very basic.

• Those ships are only available for steel
  • You cannot grind steel through randoms or operations or co-op
  • Only steel resources are ranked battles and CWs,
    • Ranking out from ranked, multiple times,
    • Playing and winning 30 battles on the typhoon league.
  • The only other resource for steel is Super containers.. and that is not grinding... that is pure luck with RNG.. and all of know what that will be the result of that.

Basically, steel gives choice into the reward ships.

Right now, If you get enough steel, you can DECIDE with reward ship you can get.. thats it..

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
15 posts
8,392 battles

You can actually get steel from playing the lower leagues, right now I am sitting on 3K steel which I basically got by playing through storm league. If you look at the missions there will also be some steel for next league, so not only people from typhoon leagues get steel but quite a few more...

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
On 7/1/2018 at 1:28 AM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

in before pay for steel :Smile_trollface:

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles
Vor 40 Minuten, robihr sagte:

in before pay for steel :Smile_trollface:

It won't be so obvious of course.

But you could for example buy as much premium time as I did and receive a little something, completely random of course :Smile_hiding:

shot-18_06.29_17_51.52-0209.jpg.ccb87a3ba20aeae30d03c41dd536ea9a.jpg

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
On 7/1/2018 at 12:53 AM, Ferry_25 said:

It surely can't be the case those reward ships for such extraordinary gamers are now available to peasants like me?!

Rofl. I give you 10/10 for self-respect.

Since there are no players with big amount of Steel without Rank 1 from previous seasons, those ships are basically still ''Ranked rewards''.