Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MS_Surface

WG says Republique is accurate and consistent? Is this a wiki bad joke?

20 comments in this topic

Players
345 posts

"Good accuracy makes landing consistent salvos quite easy"

This is blatant misleading publicity

Accurate? This can only be a bad joke.

Consistent? This is true. You will consistently miss salvos.

Richelieu is more accurate and consistent.

Alsace is more accurate and consistent.

Republique is not accurate. It's not consistent. You cannot go bow on like in both previous tiers. You have to give broadside to fire more than 4 shells. flanking would work with this ship but since you can't hit anything with it, it's basically useless.

Correct Tiers:

Tier X Alsace

Tier IX Richelieu

Tier VIII Republique

By saying Republique is "accurate" and "consistent" you can only be making fun of us, right? From what i'm experiencing, with every type of tactic, it just feels MUCH inferior to Alsace and Richelieu. Am i missing something or this ship is a crap Tier X?

OK I've learned to play it by now but it's not better (or worst) than Alsace, just different.

Edited by MS_Surface
Changed mind after trying it out for a while.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
11,528 battles

ahahhahaha republique at tier8 seems legit bro .

i know i whine about ships like des moins or shimakaze but  i never  asked WG to put them as tier8s 

[TTT]
Players
4,253 posts
7,934 battles

Republique (2.0 Sigma) is straight up more accurate than Richelieu (1.8 Sigma), and Alsace doesnt count because it fires 50% more shells per salvo (although Alsace is even less accurate than Richelieu to compensate at 1.7 Sigma).

/thread.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,589 posts
13,507 battles
11 minutes ago, MS_Surface said:

Republique is not accurate. It's not consistent. You cannot go bow on like in both previous tiers. You have to give broadside to fire more than 4 shells. flanking would work with this ship but since you can't hit anything with it, it's basically useless.

Correct Tiers:

Tier X Alsace

Tier IX Richelieu

Tier VIII Republique

By saying Republique is "accurate" and "consistent" you can only be making fun of us, right? From what i'm experiencing, with every type of tactic, it just feels MUCH inferior to Alsace and Richelieu. Am i missing something or this ship is a crap Tier X?

Love the Republique. It really is consistent and accurate. Plus you have that amazing reload. You should not bow tank like many other BB's though. It's more like a flanking BB. Use the speed to get on flanks and get some nice broadsides. AP is great and the HE is great if you have a Yamato bow in and cant rush it. 

And do not go full secondary build. It sounds all fun and well, but what you really get from it is very meh compared to a tanky build

Beta Tester
2,540 posts
9,867 battles
10 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Republique (2.0 Sigma) is straight up more accurate than Richelieu (1.8 Sigma), and Alsace doesnt count because it fires 50% more shells per salvo (although Alsace is even less accurate than Richelieu to compensate at 1.7 Sigma).

/thread.

It is not even about the (better) sigma. 

The 431mm shells on the Republique have way better ballistics and are much more accurate in general. 

Alsace is so much less accurate in comparison, it is like day and night. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,228 posts
7,826 battles

The ship has both pretty good consistency and God-tier RoF for a BB. Sure, in some salvoes you will miss, but I guess... welcome to BB gameplay! :cap_like:

19 minutos antes, MortenTardo dijo:

And do not go full secondary build. It sounds all fun and well, but what you really get from it is very meh compared to a tanky build

Tank build is not that neccesary when almost all HE-related damage is from the direct pen (due to 32 mm everywhere) rather than fires. And yes, secondaries are fun :Smile_playing:

Players
345 posts

I believe you but i only have half a dozen battles with it. I was playing Alsace just before and as soon as i changed to Republique i found a huge difference, for the worst. Like firing at around 14km at a perfect broadside Russian CA and half shells fall short the others fall after the ship, just weird dispersion. I'll even check replays to show you some examples if you want. I never experienced this kind of "randomness" in Alsace, even on Richelieu. Sometimes i get those huge salvos and "erase" someone, that's true, but most salvos have awful dispersion.Sure i'll have to play more battles, maybe i was just unlucky but so far i'm kind of let down by this ship.

What's your config with upgrades, skills etc? I have JJ Honore with 18 points

Players
2,228 posts
7,826 battles

I'm a madman and I have Honoré like this for maximum dakka:image.png.5b275cc62c7c4482883e6b9913b800da.png

Also, because I run secondary range mod too, I don't run the dispersion module, but I'm still sitting well over 30% hit ratio with the main guns. There are more sensible captain builds outt here, but this is mine :cap_viking:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles
22 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

431mm shells on the Republique have way better ballistics and are much more accurate in general

That's actually 100% confirmation bias. 

Looking at the actual data, the French 380mm AP and 431mm AP have almost identical ballistics. 

Same time to target at all ranges (with a very slight edge to the 380s), and they land at angles with max 1 degree of difference compared to each other. 

It's so close that at all ranges below 26km, it can be considered identical. 

As far as mechanical accuracy, they're rather similar, but the Republique has better sigma so shells tend to be closer to the center. 

For all intents and purposes, the only massive difference between the 380mm and the 431mm guns is penetration and overmatch. 

Ballistics are identical and accuracy is not good enough to be significantly affected by some extra sigma. 

The only reason the Republique feels better is that you can more quickly fire a second time. 

• Cool 1

Players
345 posts
14 minutes ago, Comodoro_Allande said:

Also, because I run secondary range mod too, I don't run the dispersion module, but I'm still sitting well over 30% hit ratio with the main guns. There are more sensible captain builds outt here, but this is mine 

Do you also have Secondary Battery Mod 3?

Players
2,823 posts
16,535 battles
47 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It is not even about the (better) sigma. 

The 431mm shells on the Republique have way better ballistics and are much more accurate in general. 

Alsace is so much less accurate in comparison, it is like day and night. 

QFT

people dont get how much impact the angle at which shells enter the projection elypse has on the area of impact has...

its not only about the sigma but also about the area on which the sigma has effect.

the REP. is accurate and consitent!

Players
345 posts
21 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

That's actually 100% confirmation bias. 

Looking at the actual data, the French 380mm AP and 431mm AP have almost identical ballistics. 

Same time to target at all ranges (with a very slight edge to the 380s), and they land at angles with max 1 degree of difference compared to each other. 

It's so close that at all ranges below 26km, it can be considered identical. 

As far as mechanical accuracy, they're rather similar, but the Republique has better sigma so shells tend to be closer to the center. 

For all intents and purposes, the only massive difference between the 380mm and the 431mm guns is penetration and overmatch. 

Ballistics are identical and accuracy is not good enough to be significantly affected by some extra sigma. 

The only reason the Republique feels better is that you can more quickly fire a second time. 

I think that what i'm missing the most is the fact that i could go angled and always have 8 guns. The advantage is that i could go left or right or straight into a cap, using all those guns. Now i have to choose a direction and wasd while going as fast as possible. I do like the fact that I'm hitting citadels on angled Des Moines...

Beta Tester
2,540 posts
9,867 battles
50 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

@20km:

Alsace: 18,36 deg, 10,90 s

Republique: 19,45 deg, 11,12 s

Montana: 22,78 deg, 12,22 s

Scharnhorst: 22,39 deg, 11,53 s 

These are all pretty close, still the shells feel very different. 

Scharnhorst has 2.0 Sigma too, still it is nowhere near Montys accuracy. So these values cannot give away the whole picture. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,228 posts
7,826 battles
12 minutos antes, MS_Surface dijo:

Do you also have Secondary Battery Mod 3?

No, I run the reload mod for the main guns for almost 20 seconds reload

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
959 posts
12,390 battles
8 hours ago, MS_Surface said:

Correct Tiers:

Tier X Alsace

Tier IX Richelieu

Tier VIII Republique

Republique is quite possibly the best tier 10 BB right now. It IS accurate and consistent. Never have i dropped so many citadelles at targets as with the Republique.

• Cool 1

Players
2,169 posts

I don't consider myself much of a BB captain, but I make the Republique work pretty well, at least as well as the ships before it.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles
8 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

@20km:

Alsace: 18,36 deg, 10,90 s

Republique: 19,45 deg, 11,12 s

Montana: 22,78 deg, 12,22 s

Scharnhorst: 22,39 deg, 11,53 s 

These are all pretty close, still the shells feel very different. 

Scharnhorst has 2.0 Sigma too, still it is nowhere near Montys accuracy. So these values cannot give away the whole picture. 

They do feel different, I can confirm, but they're basically and surprisingly identical. 

Scharnhorst indeed has good sigma, but you saying that proves my point that sigma isn't the go to accuracy indicator. 

The Republique has very similar base accuracy as the T8 and T9 coupled with practically identical ballistics, so some extra sigma will only help so much. 

It feels better, but that's only because you fire faster and more often than not have a 2nd chance at firing, and erasing from your memory the embarrassingly bad rng that your previous salvo suffered from. 

It's also why I consider the Alsace to be more reliable in a per salvo comparison. They both have similar accuracy, but the Alsace has 4 more chances to hit the right spot. 

All in all, a very odd and polarizing ship that manages to feel different than it actually is. 

Very much worth those 20 million credits just for that. 

[CR33D]
Players
3,103 posts
15,897 battles
12 hours ago, MS_Surface said:

Correct Tiers:

Tier X Alsace

Tier IX Richelieu

Tier VIII Republique

Rep is amazing. and yes she is accurate. learn to aim maybe?

Players
345 posts

Now that I have a few battles with it I think that the weird dispersion is more of a visual "thing". Turrets are far from each other so once in a while you get these group of shells going one way and another going a different way. I'm still having some random horrible salvos but I'm hitting a lot more consistently. The firing angles are ridiculous so I'm not giving much broadside. The reload is awesome tho the legendary upgrade is completely useless. I didn't sold that crap (2.5M...) just in case WG decides to make it useful.

Having said that, I still don't think it's better than Alsace. I think it's different. I felt more confident "attacking" caps with Alsace. With Republique I support the cap by going around it then getting in and almost always end up using a lot of secondaries to "clean it up" from enemy.

At this point I confess I prefer Republique and got used to it but if anything, it's as good as Alsace, not better.

Players
345 posts
On 6/30/2018 at 11:37 PM, MortenTardo said:

Love the Republique. It really is consistent and accurate. Plus you have that amazing reload. You should not bow tank like many other BB's though. It's more like a flanking BB. Use the speed to get on flanks and get some nice broadsides. AP is great and the HE is great if you have a Yamato bow in and cant rush it. 

I went secondary but with main gun reload module. Secondaries are doing great at finishing ships, setting fires and dealing with DDs in the caps.

Sign in to follow this