Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

kamikaze no, but shinyo, sure.

57 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles

well, it's what feels like.

So far, 13.1kms range, WHAT?

then you get there and if you are hit there it goes the rudder and engine, no bail out torps, nothing.

I know, I know it's not a kiter it's a hugger.

How about 4.5 kms torps with no guns, that will be fun. (sarcasm)

14.3km  range with upgrade, what poor imagination wg. (Atlanta cloning)

Hey, at least I know now how it feels like being in an Atlanta.

AA? nothing especial, so far.

But I will put to the test in Aegis and... raptor... that will be fun.13.1 kms (sarcasm)

So far LaGal it's strait out better across the board.

hey, that's a ship that you could model Dallas of, other than Atlanta.

What about two versions, Like Mogami, (e.g.) two 152 mm guns sets, one with Omaha guns (e.g.) other with the current ones

A kiter (LaGal based) and an hugger (Atlanta based) and we could choose?

too late WG?

@MrConway

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles

What did you expect? A good and balanced ship? The strength of the ship lies in the amount of gimmicks you won't be able to use, because you get deleted by everyone looking at you.

PS: And you need a 14p captain to even function normally.

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
33 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What did you expect? A good and balanced ship? The strength of the ship lies in the amount of gimmicks you won't be able to use, because you get deleted by everyone looking at you.

PS: And you need a 14p captain to even function normally.

perhaps a decent Cleveland substitute. Not a poor man's Atlanta.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,635 posts
8,549 battles

Atlanta has 11.1km range fyi

I don't see what the issue is.

Aoba has 14.9km range as a CA.

HuangHe and Leander has 13.2km range.

Perth has 12.8km range.

• Cool 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

It's a light cruiser version of Pensacola and that's exactly what I expected when it was announced.

Cleveland did not fit at tier 6 and nothing can quite substitute her because of that.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,251 posts
3,482 battles

I'm really really confused.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[CRU_]
Players
171 posts
6,437 battles

I'm not sure what ship you're talking about, is it Dallas? because i have had a nightmare with it, doesn't mean it;s a bad ship it just disapears when hit, it is totally a find a rock and stick to it kind of ship, with no flexibility at all

• Cool 1

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Am I the only one not making anything about OP's post? If not: what's your point OP?

• Cool 5

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles
1 hour ago, piritskenyer said:

I'm really really confused.

I don't think you're the problem here :cap_book:

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
6 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Am I the only one not making anything about OP's post? If not: what's your point OP?

3 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

I don't think you're the problem here :cap_book:

I edited my post, there.

better now?

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

I edited my post, there.

better now?

I'm so sorry Butterdoll but I still don't have a clue what you're talking about. Not to mock you, please: don't get me wrong. I simply don't understand what's your point.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,251 posts
3,482 battles

I'm still really really confused

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
40 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm so sorry Butterdoll but I still don't have a clue what you're talking about. Not to mock you, please: don't get me wrong. I simply don't understand what's your point.

My point it's just suicidal having 13.1 km stock range.

Even with upgrade 14. something.

if you take a hit your rudder and engine are knocked out and that's it.

Apparently nobody remembered that Dallas could be more than a Atlanta clone, in fact all the others American light cruisers are, only bigger and bigger.

So I'm putting the possibility, or making a plea to make a small change to Dallas, like Mogami, and other ships have. Omaha e.g. have more range, not much and have American guns, so the final product will not be far from what Dallas it's supposed to be, only adding some flexibility without changing penetrations and all that jazz. 

So we can kite or hug.

that's it.

2 hours ago, Turnipsi said:

It's a light cruiser version of Pensacola and that's exactly what I expected when it was announced.

Cleveland did not fit at tier 6 and nothing can quite substitute her because of that.

You must be talking about the oldest Cleveland, because the old Cleveland was just fine where it was, T6. Not op but not too weak, just well balanced, as any other t6.

I always thought that Dallas was considered by WG the right successor of Omaha, not of Pensacola.

In fact where i'll miss the Cleve AA the most it's not in PVP, it's in PVE.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,635 posts
8,549 battles
14 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

My point it's just suicidal having 13.1 km stock range.

Even with upgrade 14. something.

if you take a hit your rudder and engine are knocked out and that's it.

Apparently nobody remembered that Dallas could be more than a Atlanta clone, in fact all the others American light cruisers are, only bigger and bigger.

So I'm putting the possibility, or making a plea to make a small change to Dallas, like Mogami, and other ships have. Omaha e.g. have more range, not much and have American guns, so the final product will not be far from what Dallas it's supposed to be, only adding some flexibility without changing penetrations and all that jazz. 

So we can kite or hug.

that's it.

It's not an Atlanta clone. Have you played the Atlanta?

Dallas is a super average middle of the pack CL with no frills and no special niche. The range isn't good but it isn't bad. The armor isn't good but it isn't bad.

Play it like a Cleveland. They play almost exactly the same way.

22 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

You must be talking about the oldest Cleveland, because the old Cleveland was just fine where it was, T6. Not op but not too weak, just well balanced, as any other t6.

I always thought that Dallas was considered by WG the right successor of Omaha, not Pensacola.

In fact where i'll miss the Cleve AA the most it's not in PVP, it's in PVE.

Really?

Because the tier 6 Cleveland had tier 8 armor, tier 7 DPM and tier 8 AA.

If you miss the Cleveland AA just play the Pensacola instead. It kept all its AA when moving down tiers and is an AA monster compared to everything else at that tier.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

It's not an Atlanta clone. Have you played the Atlanta?

Dallas is a super average middle of the pack CL with no frills and no special niche. The range isn't good but it isn't bad. The armor isn't good but it isn't bad.

Play it like a Cleveland. They play almost exactly the same way.

Really?

Because the tier 6 Cleveland had tier 8 armor, tier 7 DPM and tier 8 AA.

If you miss the Cleveland AA just play the Pensacola instead. It kept all its AA when moving down tiers and is an AA monster compared to everything else at that tier.

No? have you done anything else than take cover behind a island with it? And how did it went?

the range it's awful. there are t4s with more range than Dallas

I am, the t6 one. but that Dallas only want islands.

No, so far Dallas it's bottom t6 ship.

yesterday while I was grinding to get Dallas with my Omaha (fault line map) I found it very strange, there was two red Dallas near A, they never came out to stop us or shoot, we managed to flank them and went for the cap, more to the end, the surviving Dallas (in B) didn't even try to reset the cap (now I know why, he didn't have the range)  I had. And in the rest of the games those Dallas remain awfully quiet, low profile, unnoticed.

Now, what are we supposed to do against a t8, t7 , t6? Or even a t5 ship that can outrange the Dallas? Go behind a island? And if there isn't any islands? what then? Cross your arms and see the all thing.

At least with Omaha you can do something, as any other t6 ship. But not with Dallas. Very specific ship, very one trick pony. A little flexibility would be nice. 

.you are kidding, right?

Me in that turd, again? No way. Now that I have N.O. I can finally burn it down and the port slot will go to Charles Martel.

there's a lot of better ships to do that job, but I miss the cleve's AA (by the way it's not the same anymore).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,635 posts
8,549 battles
43 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

No? have you done anything else than take cover behind a island with it? And how did it went?

the range it's awful. there are t4s with more range than Dallas

I am, the t6 one. but that Dallas only want islands.

No, so far Dallas it's bottom t6 ship.

yesterday while I was grinding to get Dallas with my Omaha (fault line map) I found it very strange, there was two red Dallas near A, they never came out to stop us or shoot, we managed to flank them and went for the cap, more to the end, the surviving Dallas (in B) didn't even try to reset the cap (now I know why, he didn't have the range)  I had. And in the rest of the games those Dallas remain awfully quiet, low profile, unnoticed.

Now, what are we supposed to do against a t8, t7 , t6? Or even a t5 ship that can outrange the Dallas? Go behind a island? And if there isn't any islands? what then? Cross your arms and see the all thing.

At least with Omaha you can do something, as any other t6 ship. But not with Dallas. Very specific ship, very one trick pony. A little flexibility would be nice. 

.you are kidding, right?

Me in that turd, again? No way. Now that I have N.O. I can finally burn it down and the port slot will go to Charles Martel.

there's a lot of better ships to do that job, but I miss the cleve's AA (by the way it's not the same anymore).

So you think good ships are bad? Sorry, can't help you with that.

Dallas may not be the OP ship Cleveland was, but it's decidedly not bad. Pensacola though is a really good ship.

If a ship out ranges you, you do the same as with every ship that gets out ranged by something. Either you close the distance if it's safe to do so, or you take cover/stealth up.

This isn't some new weakness. We've had this for as long as the game has been out. IJN CA has decidedly meh range until tier 8-10 compared to USN CA, yet that seemed to work fine.

Players
2,169 posts
5 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I edited my post, there.

better now?

Nope, zero idea.

The title means nothing and like the others the body text is cryptic, like your old habit of referring to the "turd" and expecting people to know that's your private name for some ship which I still don't know.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,635 posts
8,549 battles
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Nope, zero idea.

The title means nothing and like the others the body text is cryptic, like your old habit of referring to the "turd" and expecting people to know that's your private name for some ship which I still don't know.

Me while trying figure out that he's complaining about the Dallas:

giphy.gif

• Cool 3

Players
2,169 posts
1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

giphy.gif

Ah, well he's so far past the point of "I don't care enough" that I didn't bother trying to work it out past reading it twice and it making no sense (still doesn't).

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,489 posts
5,863 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

.you are kidding, right?

Honestly, try it. The Pepsi works even better in tier 6 than at tier 7 (in some cases too well) and just requires some getting used too. The gun traverse is bad and the armor is still flimsy. But honestly that is pretty much it. It handles really well, the midrange AA is murderous (and with the AA range mod you get 4.2 km midrange AA, not bad since drops tend to be closer), the AP is super strong at tier 6 and with DE you still got 10 203 mm guns so the fire starting potential is also really good.

The Pepsi is in my oppinion more fun in operations than the old Cleveland since it is just a citadel farmer and has almost BB levels of firepower vs the thinner opponents in ops.

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
5 hours ago, Nechrom said:

giphy.gif

Cleveland if it was OP at t6. So are all the others t6 ships

You are tell me that Dallas it's not bad? No range+ no armour + very situational ship, that even Phoenix can sink it, if the chance is given.

Dallas need to be a open water cruiser, a multipurpose cruiser.

Not this

11 hours ago, zengaze said:

doesn't mean it;s a bad ship it just disapears when hit, it is totally a find a rock and stick to it kind of ship, with no flexibility at all

get it now?

Dallas need more range to be able to kite

5 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Nope, zero idea.

Don't worry, the turd soon will be gone. you'll never hear about him again.

turd = Pensacola

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

So, you inhability to play, and for that matter, to produce coherent forum posts, is somehow our fault?

Is this some sort of SJW *edited* gone awry today or what?

Try putting the name of the stuff you are referring to on the title, might make people care for what you type instead of dismissing your dribble right away.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

[CU]
Players
162 posts
13,999 battles

So just checkin - what about the kami, shinyo, kitters and hugers? Little confused.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
Just now, Muppeteer said:

So just checkin - what about the kami, shinyo, kitters and hugers? Little confused.

Something about the dallas as it turns out, not that the OP has anything that would point to that tho...

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this