You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Atorpad

how to assign a function to mouse wheel?

4 comments in this topic

Question

[ARYA]
Players
463 posts
9,907 battles

Hi

I want to assign cycle between guns and torps to mouse wheel but there is no such thing ! is mouse wheel defined at all?

3 answers to this question

Players
1,598 posts
11,625 battles

What you can do is assign keyboard keys to mouse buttons via the mouse driver / mouse setup software.

The game has no function that toggles between guns and torps (which btw would be a great suggestion for the suggestions thread.)

But many mouse drivers let you re-assign buttons, so you could assign the number 3 to the middle button (mouse wheel press), so each time you push the wheel, it switches to torps.

Or if you had a mouse with a 4-way wheel, you could assign, say,  the numeral 1 to the left push and the numeral 3 to the right push, and then you could switch between HE and torps at least. AP on the middle mouse button maybe. Or get a gaming mouse with more buttons, they are available with any number of buttons in any number of locations.

I have been trying to find a good mouse in vain for a few months now because I also have freakishly small hands, so often times, many buttons are in the wrong place and I'd have to shift my grip to rech them. This complicates things. I could write a little about this experience if anyone should be interested.  But in principle there is a lot of choice. You can even assign whole macros, Text messages for the chat etc. The best filters to search for a good mouse are found on https://skinflint.co.uk/ in my opinion (although I used the German version of course.)

• Cool 1

[ARYA]
Players
463 posts
9,907 battles
3 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

What you can do is assign keyboard keys to mouse buttons via the mouse driver / mouse setup software.

The game has no function that toggles between guns and torps (which btw would be a great suggestion for the suggestions thread.)

But many mouse drivers let you re-assign buttons, so you could assign the number 3 to the middle button (mouse wheel press), so each time you push the wheel, it switches to torps.

Or if you had a mouse with a 4-way wheel, you could assign, say,  the numeral 1 to the left push and the numeral 3 to the right push, and then you could switch between HE and torps at least. AP on the middle mouse button maybe. Or get a gaming mouse with more buttons, they are available with any number of buttons in any number of locations.

I have been trying to find a good mouse in vain for a few months now because I also have freakishly small hands, so often times, many buttons are in the wrong place and I'd have to shift my grip to rech them. This complicates things. I could write a little about this experience if anyone should be interested.  But in principle there is a lot of choice. You can even assign whole macros, Text messages for the chat etc. The best filters to search for a good mouse are found on https://skinflint.co.uk/ in my opinion (although I used the German version of course.)

Thank you for complete explanation. I did solve my problem with assigning RMB for ap and MMB for torps for now but i am looking for a gaming mouse too . first problem is i can not buy anything out of my country borders (because of the idiot barbarian gov) and the second one is that i want a bluetooth mouse