You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Is there something strange/wrong with "Arsenal" prices: "Musashi" = 176.000 coal = 275 "Equal Speed Charlie London" ?

24 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,284 posts
9,331 battles

Hi all,

Is there something strange/wrong with "Arsenal" prices: "Musashi" = 176.000 coal = 275 "Equal Speed Charlie London" ?

Arsenal:

"Musashi" = 176.000 coal

20x "Equal Speed Charlie London" = 12.800 coal

"Premium Shop"

100x "Equal Speed Charlie London" = 6 Euros

So... the "Musashi" is just equivalent of 16.5 Euros !?!?!?

IMHO the prices of signal flags in "Arsenal" are way way overpriced... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 10

Beta Tester
4,525 posts
9,851 battles

Well, it sorta depends what they might add later.

Prices doesn't have to be that close in value if they intend for us to just use signals as a coalsink after getting the ships we want.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,239 posts
7,567 battles
25 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Arsenal:

"Musashi" = 176.000 coal

20x "Equal Speed Charlie London" = 12.800 coal

"Premium Shop"

100x "Equal Speed Charlie London" = 6 Euros

One of the first things that I noticed looking at the arsenal. Comparing the amount of coal we have to some of the things you can buy (flags, camo) seems out of whack.

I even feel the containers are a bit steeply priced. Though I do like that they included them for those who couldn't finish those collections before.

[CATS]
Players
16,785 posts
11,552 battles

They take advantage of all the impatient players who want to buy something with coal. It is better to save coal for ships.

On the other hand, the TYL containers got less profitable as the chance for 4 flags was significantly reduced. You get 900 coal most of the time. Nice for buying ships, bad for your flag inventory.

That probably has something to with their realization that players got too many flags in storage. I admit, I am guilty of that too.

shot-18_06.30_14_28.12-0385.jpg.bb9b80e314b5bfc47ee2c719c8692fb0.jpg

• Funny 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Nothing is wrong with prices in the arsenal, everything is Working As IntendedTM

Everything depends on how much coal you can earn from missions. Month long marathon for 500 coal seems about right.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,284 posts
9,331 battles

Hi all,

4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The 5.000 coal took me 2 1/2 days...

What do you mean?

There was special 1-time-only mission for 5.000 coal and that's it...

Leo "Apollo11"

Weekend Tester
585 posts
5,450 battles
44 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They take advantage of all the impatient players who want to buy something with coal. It is better to save coal for ships.

On the other hand, the TYL containers got less profitable as the chance for 4 flags was significantly reduced. You get 900 coal most of the time. Nice for buying ships, bad for your flag inventory.

That probably has something to with their realization that players got too many flags in storage. I admit, I am guilty of that too.

Since signals were introduced I've used nearly a full set on most ships, and this expenditure was automatically replenished from containers and in-game rewards. I never even looked at the shop bundles for signals - until a couple of months ago, when suddenly I started running out of all types of signal. Clearly there has been a major change in the game economy.

It seems to me that the signal famine and the appearance of the Arsenal are yet another sign that WG intend to ramp up the monetisation of consumables and other aspects of the game.

The Arsenal prices for signals are so ridiculously high that at first i thought they were just placeholders.

[CATS]
Players
16,785 posts
11,552 battles
23 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

What do you mean?

There was special 1-time-only mission for 5.000 coal and that's it...

Leo "Apollo11"

That is was not a month long marathon for 500....

WG:

.... You all need Coal now, right? Well there's Coal aplenty and more in July's missions ...

See the details below. The entire July plan can be split into four parts:

• Daily welcome bonuses when logging in.
  • Challenge of the day ― three series of missions every day.
  • Monthly missions with bonus rewards for 3, 9 and 20 daily series completed.
  • Good old weekend- and event-specific missions, and series of missions.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/july-missions-2018/

wilkatis_LV2 hours ago
Just so you don't have to calculate it yourself -> do all 6 daily missions all 31 days and you get 22 950 coal

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Sitting whole month farming coal just so you can buy yourself maybe two sets of flags? Way too generous.

[GRON]
Players
14 posts
26,389 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

No, and I would not recommend that.

Free XP is too valuable.

Yes but i can take musashi right now if it is possible...

[GRON]
Players
14 posts
26,389 battles

i saw somewhere that i can excange 20000 free xp for 5000 coal...but it doesnt say how?

[CATS]
Players
16,785 posts
11,552 battles
1 minute ago, kokdim said:

Yes but i can take musashi right now if it is possible...

Everybody can buy Musashi right now....

I have no idea what you want to tell me.

Just now, kokdim said:

i saw somewhere that i can excange 20000 free xp for 5000 coal...but it doesnt say how?

That is a mission...

Look at your missions or the patch notes when you already finished it.

• Cool 1

Players
3,417 posts
7,877 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I noticed I got a lot more fxp (750) instead of signal flags when selecting TYL, though I also want to mention that (obviously) the sample group is really small.

I have waaaay less of those signal flags. I think the old way was good, I could play till I gotten the 3rd crate, but would need to either be conservative or my stocks would slowly dwindle (some of my signal flags I barely use because I have so few left now).

But anyway, having to pay for the signal flags is kinda like having to pay for premium ammo in WoT, you pay for to have an advantage in the game (little more fire chance, little better consumable reload, little bit faster ship speed, etc).

I'm perfectly ok with WG wanting to somewhat limit the amount of signal flags, partically so us players have to pick and choose which ones to use (I don't typically use 8/battle, more like 3 to 5 on higher tier BBs and fewer when playing my tier 8 cruisers, again to conserve signal flags).

I want to stress that I am also ok with prices for signal flags in the arsenal (for purchase with coal, gotten through daily crates) is higher then when getting signal flags from crates by chance (because with coal you can choose which ones you want! So I'm ok with such signal flags being more expensive). I do think prices for signal flags in the arsenal are on the high side. I also think it would be a bad idea to, in whatever way, promote the purchase of signal flags for real money (or doubloons) in order to have these slight advantages in the game.

Mind you, I'm mostly referring to the ones that (slightly) change battyle stats, not the economical ones.

It's a good thing that many of the signal flags can be gotten in the game by achievement (first blood, I always find that a fun one when it happens :Smile_teethhappy:) and I do believe this should remain. But making signal flags more rare will also have a couple more nasty side-effects:

1) People might be tempted to sealclub more, in order to get the signal flags they want

2) People might get tempted to play more selfishly (so they care less about the team and the battle) because they are on the hunt for achievements, and not the victory.

Both of these would be detrimental to the game I believe.

Now to reiterate what my point was, I think it's a good addition to the game for us to be able to choose between receiveing coal in order to convert to signal flags (more expensive, but you can pick the exact signal flags that you want) or doing the RNG roll, receiving more signal flags but including signal flags you might not want. You could still sell these for credits, but apparently some people here like to hoard and perhaps brag a little bit (no offense).

I kinda noticed the same thing with the one-time-use camos. People 'complaining' about the hundreds of single-use camos they gotten...but I presume most don't have such vast stocks.

I did a count recently and my total was around 250 or so? But this includes camos I intend to save up for either nasty grinds (think Izumo), specific purposes (missions where I need to grind silly amounts of xp/credits/whatevers) or because I think they look pretty. An important reason why I have so many (yes I consider this many though I know there's probably over 9000 players here with over 9000 of these :Smile-_tongue:) is largely because I bought lots of perma camos during the last sales for the ships I was grinding at the time. Also I make use of the free/reward ones and using those is always better then having to pay one for credits (I'm at 13m credits right now, so every time I save 22.5k credits I save a little again).

I'm sorry for the long read, I hope I haven't bored anyone to death :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,785 posts
11,552 battles
1 hour ago, kokdim said:

what patch notes?

i dont have any running missions also

Do not worry, there are no patchnotes. WG patches their game without patchnotes and the last patch was eons ago. Nothing changed, ...ever. Promise!

Players
978 posts
5,902 battles

So I got about 25k coal for the oil that took me the better part of a year to grind. Worth about 40 ESCL flags. Seems legit.

[CATS]
Players
16,785 posts
11,552 battles
6 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

So I got about 25k coal for the oil that took me the better part of a year to grind. Worth about 40 ESCL flags. Seems legit.

You have an unfair advantage to all the clanless players! Did you not get the memo?

Players
978 posts
5,902 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You have an unfair advantage to all the clanless players! Did you not get the memo?

Yeah, I don't know how WeeGee could ever come up with such incredible injustice.