Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Chernobill27

Repair Kit Bug-ish

8 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
525 battles

I was playing with the Wyoming and i had a fire on me...a cambeltown launched its torpedoes and they hit but i wasnt going to die immediately(flood was inevitable of course) so i immediately press my repair to survive the torpedoes even having left with couple thousands hp but the repair fixed the fire that was on me before and the flood continued going so i died.The repair kit fixed the fire itself and not all damage taken.I dont know if thats a bug or something but felt really annoyed at the time.

Players
279 posts
13,251 battles

I guess you mean heal (repair party) that restores your HP? Flooding will happen faster than you can repair. The damage control will stop both but I guess the fire just died out naturally and you flooded out.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,453 posts
11,405 battles
21 minutes ago, Chernobill27 said:

I was playing with the Wyoming and i had a fire on me...a cambeltown launched its torpedoes and they hit but i wasnt going to die immediately(flood was inevitable of course) so i immediately press my repair to survive the torpedoes even having left with couple thousands hp but the repair fixed the fire that was on me before and the flood continued going so i died.The repair kit fixed the fire itself and not all damage taken.I dont know if thats a bug or something but felt really annoyed at the time.

I'm not sure what exactly you describe because it sounds like you are mixing up two consumables. There are two consumables referred to in casual talk as "repair", depending on context.

The first one is

damage control party

Consumable_PCY001_CrashCrew.pngConsumable_PCY009_CrashCrewPremium.png

This consumable, available to every ship in the game, extinguishes fires and fixes floods but doesn't give you back any hp already lost. This is what people usually mean when they say things like "don't repair the first fire" and stuff like this.

The second consumable is

repair party

Consumable_PCY002_RegenCrew.pngConsumable_PCY010_RegenCrewPremium.png

Most commonly found on battleships (every BB has it), this consumable does NOT fix fires or floodings. What it does is recover - over time - some lost hp. It should be noted that not all damage can be repaired (for example: only tiny portion of damage to ship's citadel can be repaired while hp lost to burning fires is 100% recoverable as long as you have enough uses of repair party and enough time to go through them).

• Cool 2

Players
907 posts
11,126 battles

Yeah, I can't really follow either, to be honest.

There is the Damage Control Party [R], every ship has it, and it stops ongoing damage over time effects (fire and flooding), and repairs damaged module (main battery, engine, steering), but does not heal your ship's HP.

Repair Party (or simply, to be less confusing: "heal") [T] heals back some of your health points (let's not dwell deeper into that), but does nothing with failures or active damage components mentioned above.

• Cool 1

Players
3,417 posts
7,936 battles
11 hours ago, Chernobill27 said:

Do you perhaps mean that you were on fire and while on fire, you got hit by some torps which caused a flood. But when doing the repair, it fixed the fire and the flood continued?

Or that you hit the repair (which fixed the fire) and while repair party was active, some torps hit and you still received a flooding despite repair party still being active when you got hit by the torps?

Just to clarify, you meant repair party (which stops all continuous damage RIGHT NOW and fixes any broken modules like jammed rudder and broken turrets) and not the heal party (which basically repairs damage you already sustained, but in essense is a heal like in lots of MMORPGs)?

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
37 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Just to clarify, you meant repair party (which stops all continuous damage RIGHT NOW and fixes any broken modules like jammed rudder and broken turrets) and not the heal party (which basically repairs damage you already sustained, but in essense is a heal like in lots of MMORPGs)?

Repair party heals damage, damage control party stops fires, floods and returns modules to working order.

Players
3,417 posts
7,936 battles
3 minutes ago, Turnipsi said:

Repair party heals damage, damage control party stops fires, floods and returns modules to working order.

But it doesn't 'heal' any modules (like a rudder or broken turret), these will stay broken when using heal party.

Sign in to follow this