Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

Get FREE Stuff with Friends in "All Hands on Deck"

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles

That's a North American server event dude. We don't need no show of hands, we are the cash cow. Now say "moo!".

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

That's a North American server event dude. We don't need no show of hands, we are the cash cow. Now say "moo!".

 

Basically this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,623 posts
9,646 battles

good job all the servers missions are synchronized, can't wait for this on EU...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles
1 hour ago, Salentine said:

good job all the servers missions are synchronized, can't wait for this on EU...

Requirements for EU for every stage with rewards:

 

50.000 players - one economic flag each

75.000 players - 100.000 silver

100.000 players - 100 doubloons

 

 

  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Requirements for EU for every stage with rewards:

 

50.000 players - one economic flag each

75.000 players - 100.000 silver

100.000 players - 100 doubloons

 

 

OK, the player requirements seem a bit high, but the 100 doubloons at least is worth more than what you can typically expect from a SC... So the reward is actually not that much worse than the US one.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles
26 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

OK, the player requirements seem a bit high, but the 100 doubloons at least is worth more than what you can typically expect from a SC... So the reward is actually not that much worse than the US one.

 

[cries in last SC giving me 50 India x-ray flags] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles
1 hour ago, mrk421 said:

OK, the player requirements seem a bit high, but the 100 doubloons at least is worth more than what you can typically expect from a SC... So the reward is actually not that much worse than the US one.

Actually if these where the rewards for EU, it‘d be much much worse than what NA got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Requirements for EU for every stage with rewards:

 

50.000 players - one economic flag each

75.000 players - 100.000 silver

100.000 players - 100 doubloons

 

 

 

So not even one economic flag each?

Player count hovers around 20-30k players at any given time, even on weekends...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles

I don't know what's more worrying, the fact that some people didn't realize my second post was a joke, or the fact that they believe WG could be so niggardly with rewards. :Smile_amazed:

But speaking of the event, there was a post on reddit some time ago dealing with server player numbers for WG games. NA did really bad, for a region with around 360 million people. It would be logical for WG to see how many people are still following the news and may be enticed to log in. This would give them some numbers about the potential remaining player base.

 

I wish them well, but I personally believe that the problem with WG is their bad design choices, which put people off the game and make them leave.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,417 posts
7,936 battles
13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I wish them well, but I personally believe that the problem with WG is their bad design choices, which put people off the game and make them leave.

 

Would you be willing to clarify this? Do you mean how ships are implemented?

Personally I find it odd that so few players of a country with such a significant navy history during the WW1 and WW2 periods are finding their way into this game.

The players that remain there do seem to really like WoWS though and the few times I played there, it seemed a bit less toxic and a bit more tactical when the chat was used.

I found it a pleasant experience :Smile_great:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles
10 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Would you be willing to clarify this? Do you mean how ships are implemented?

Personally I find it odd that so few players of a country with such a significant navy history during the WW1 and WW2 periods are finding their way into this game.

The players that remain there do seem to really like WoWS though and the few times I played there, it seemed a bit less toxic and a bit more tactical when the chat was used.

I found it a pleasant experience :Smile_great:

Yes, I mean how the game functions and is balanced. Because a nation with most historic ships preserved in thew world, with a navy that prides itself beyond its traditions, and a population that includes a lot of ex-servicemen/women, they have very few WoWS players. The coin must drop and someone has to say that it's not the players, but the game.

A community that has people as gung ho* as NoZoupForYou should be thriving, right? But it isn't and WG must bring up the self reflection to ask hard questions.

 

9 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Please don't remind me of the "extra" treatment we got from WGEU. I'm trying to forget...

I see you joined a clan. They got you man, they got you in the end.:cap_tea:

 

PS: It's funny that the term for being overeager has been coined by Americans, while meaning something different in Chinese.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles

Bad bad bad bad bad. They are dividing even already tiny and not-growing player base, for pitiful short-term income. 

There is absolutely no reason to keep RU/EU/US servers separate, 100-150ms latency is not a problem for WoWs. Even AS could be joined by some players, and server choice should be an option for players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,417 posts
7,936 battles
20 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yes, I mean how the game functions and is balanced. Because a nation with most historic ships preserved in thew world, with a navy that prides itself beyond its traditions, and a population that includes a lot of ex-servicemen/women, they have very few WoWS players. The coin must drop and someone has to say that it's not the players, but the game.

A community that has people as gung ho* as NoZoupForYou should be thriving, right? But it isn't and WG must bring up the self reflection to ask hard questions.

 

 

So how does game balance make NA server people leave the game?

And weren't there fewer players on NA server to begin with?

 

Perhaps someone should just ask them, there ought to be NA players who had returned after a long hiatus and are active on the forums there.

 

Indeed WG could learn from them. Dunno what kind of things WG would have to self-reflect and which hard questions they should ask themselves?

 

When looking at their actions (so not to what they said but what they did) to me it seems they have imrpoved even during the relative short timescale I've been active here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I don't know what's more worrying, the fact that some people didn't realize my second post was a joke, or the fact that they believe WG could be so niggardly with rewards. :Smile_amazed:

 

So, the fact no one is even slightly surprised because that is what we have come to expect from WG is not an issue?:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
18 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

Get FREE Stuff with Friends in "All Hands on Deck"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/push-it-to-the-limit/?emst=2vWX5SxEQQ_121865_1198784_3

 

Here we go again. Does WG EU think their players are all nothing but weirdos who wouldn't have any friends anyway?

I''ll give you 10/10 for a nice click bait :Smile_medal:

 

13 hours ago, EdiJo said:

diablo_2_gif_hell_bovine_by_w6nd6r6r.gifdiablo_2_gif_hell_bovine_by_w6nd6r6r.gifdiablo_2_gif_hell_bovine_by_w6nd6r6r.gifdiablo_2_gif_hell_bovine_by_w6nd6r6r.gif

Diablo 2 was a legendary game. Still is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×