SkullPwnee

Loss of free XP on Zao when Elite staus was revoked

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
43 posts
2,879 battles

So just noticed an apparent side effect of Zao getting new torps. I had a bunch of XP stacked on her ready to change to free XP next time we get a special offer. With the addition on the new torps you have to research Zao lost her "elite" status and I lost the free XP back into Zao specific XP I have to now use to research the torps to get Zao back to Elite again.

Not the end of the world but if you're going to add new options maybe think about at least maintaining existing "Elite" status on a ship so people don't lose things, that XP would have been used elsewhere.

[CATS]
Players
16,905 posts
11,588 battles

These are not Free XP, but ship specific XP.

Your Free XP are in the upper right corner.

Players
138 posts
6,082 battles

Like said above it always was Ship XP, the difference is that elite ship XP can be converted into Free XP. Elite Status btw means a ship is fully researched, if u get new stuff its only natural that u loose Elite status until u have everything researched again.....

Alpha Tester
43 posts
2,879 battles

Yes, however it was Ship specific XP which was available to convert to FreeXP to be used on other ships. Once another item was added to the ship that XP was no longer available to converted and had to be used to research the new torps instead of being available to transfer to another ship.

It was a minor niggle for me but worth pointing out you in effect lose 35k of XP you might have had earmarked for transfer to another ship etc

[CATS]
Players
16,905 posts
11,588 battles

Which is completly normal and how it is supposed to be.

Most people have enough ship XP on all their ships to not care.

I have millions and will never spend money on conversion.

Take a look at your other ships. You probably have still enough.

Players
315 posts
12,626 battles

Nothing about it appears unintended. Elite ships have everything researched. If you haven't researched Zao's torps she shouldn't be elite.