You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Salentine

Legendary upgrade missions

119 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,542 posts
12,135 battles
14 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I actually never did that, so didnt know where those items go ''via doubloons'', always selling for credits.

Tnx on info.

No worries, always happy to help!

Enjoy your weekend :)

Beta Tester
2,628 posts
10,171 battles
9 hours ago, Salentine said:

any of you guys got a personal mission for a legendary upgrade yet? i just bought the Worcester and after i played a battle in it i got a personal mission "Pronounced Wooster" to get the 'enhanced countermeasures' upgrade...

Stage 1 - 100k xp

Stage 2 - 8mill credits

Stage 3 - 15k free xp

Stage 4 - win 15 battles

Stage 5 - 40k base xp

in all battle types in the Worcester

List of Unique upgrade personal missions

Worcester - "Pronounced Wooster"

Minotaur - "Into the Labyrinth"

Hindenburg - "Full of Fire"

Großer Kürfurst - "Don't come Close"

Midway - "Between a Rock and an Aircraft Carrier"

Grozovoi - "Universal Soldier"

Zao - "For Honor"

Conqueror - "Divide and Conquer"

Khabarovsk - "Fast and Loud"

Henri IV - "The Noble Leader"

Z52 - "German Precision"

Gearing - "Family Matters"

Yueyang - "The Sneak Attack"

Montana - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

Yamato - "Too Big to Fail"

Republique - "Liberty, Equality, Battleships"

Des Moines - "Home Sweet Des Moines"

Shimakaze - "Cuts Like A Katana"

Moskva - "Follow the Moskva"

Hakuryu - 

Grozovoi - "Universal Soldier"

takeflight.jpg

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,630 posts
9,749 battles
46 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Hey @Salentine what's with the double Grozovoi in the list? A name so nice you say it twice? :Smile_teethhappy:

did it on my phone, damn modern technology...

[UN]
Weekend Tester
926 posts
22,579 battles
9 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys,

Technically there is a timelimit set (for technical reasons, so treat is as a placeholder) but we don't plan to go for that but prolong it forever. So don't worry, you will have the chance to get these in the long-term future with these missions :Smile_honoring:

Why do I have a bad feeling that -when it comes to carrying over previous progress to the new missions next year- things will go very wrong ?...

[HEAT]
Players
1,110 posts
32,210 battles

These missions make me feel that I'm doing a real job to get these upgrades. I should be happy and having fun but instead I feel pain for getting these missions done! :Smile_facepalm:

Players
1,060 posts
9,059 battles
16 hours ago, Mrmr123 said:

Why couldn't we just buy them from arsenal... i dont have time for these long grinds :(, also why it couldn't be just doing these missions once and u unlock all these upgrades, why u need to do these mission for each ship :(

But you do have time for almost 20.000 battles? lol

[W_I_G]
[W_I_G]
Players
167 posts
21,795 battles
2 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

But you do have time for almost 20.000 battles? lol

Yeah life changes...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,707 battles

.....:Smile_amazed: errm.... with these missions and a whole lotta t10's :Smile_unsure:... <off to t10 only for rest of year, cya :Smile_smile::Smile_sceptic:

(hates being forced playing cv... a lot of cv :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic:)

[UNICS]
Players
3,324 posts
13,338 battles
5 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

.....:Smile_amazed: errm.... with these missions and a whole lotta t10's :Smile_unsure:... <off to t10 only for rest of year, cya :Smile_smile::Smile_sceptic:

(hates being forced playing cv... a lot of cv :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic:)

Yet, you're here posting when you should be toiling in the tier 10 mines. Those legendary modules aren't grinding themselves. Back to work :fish_viking:

• Funny 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

With my average number of games in Tier 10s (I have 3 of them, most probably won't get any other) I could get the first legendary upgrade by 2050 approximately.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,459 posts
9,615 battles

"crap"

G7A8.gif

I bet there will be some shop option at some point.

But until we know...

fuck-real-life_o_1086959.jpg

Actually...regarding those missions and maybe the game in general (depending on if those modules will be sidegrades or must haves)

vdLE8dJ.gif

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,490 posts
11,458 battles
8 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

These missions make me feel that I'm doing a real job to get these upgrades. I should be happy and having fun but instead I feel pain for getting these missions done! :Smile_facepalm:

Well, this is what happens when you feel the need to have these upgrades ASAP. It's like when WG release a new ship line and you decide that you need to grind to t10 in a week (grind, not buy the t10 with free/converted XP) - of course it's going to hurt.

However, if you just keep on playing normally, at some point you'll going to find yourself in possession of the legendary modules for each tX ship you actually play on regular basis, with literally no extra effort. Unlike with new line of ships, you don't even have to outfit the new ships once in a while and/or play ships you don't like (after all if you don't like a tX, there's little reason to want a legendary upgrade for her).

• Cool 6

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
2,552 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Well, this is what happens when you feel the need to have these upgrades ASAP. It's like when WG release a new ship line and you decide that you need to grind to t10 in a week (grind, not buy the t10 with free/converted XP) - of course it's going to hurt.

However, if you just keep on playing normally, at some point you'll going to find yourself in possession of the legendary modules for each tX ship you actually play on regular basis, with literally no extra effort. Unlike with new line of ships, you don't even have to outfit the new ships once in a while and/or play ships you don't like (after all if you don't like a tX, there's little reason to want a legendary upgrade for her).

This.

These missions are supposed to be a long term goal that you can reach by just playing your favourite tier 10 ships - you don't need to speed-grind to them, we've given you plenty of time!

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
5 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This.

These missions are supposed to be a long term goal that you can reach by just playing your favourite tier 10 ships - you don't need to speed-grind to them, we've given you plenty of time!

mostly true - except for top level competitive players, where some of these modules are a straight upgrade and thus simply mandatory. But then again, those players will a) be a lot more dedicated to playing those ships than most, and b) they'll get the modules quicker than most because they're much better.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,707 battles
18 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This.

let's be honest, that's how it goes for the casual player?

11 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

mostly true - except for top level competitive players, where some of these modules are a straight upgrade and thus simply mandatory. But then again, those players will a) be a lot more dedicated to playing those ships than most, and b) they'll get the modules quicker than most because they're much better.

^...this!

i hold like all t10's and i'm really (like in REALLY!!! :)) looking forward to cb's again this eve. but on that sheet i think as well it's totally clear, that these modules in some cases give an straight up advantage. i like to have options, i like to spread my play amongst all the t10's, which boils down 4 me to: before i earn legendary upgrades most probably my ships already been scuttled and replaced by hover-submarines :Smile_trollface:, while i have to face em in competetive play:Smile_sad:. (-> i know not from today on, but at the latest next season impacts will be recognizable i guess)

i more would like a solution like "play x battles on ship to unlock option to buy in arsenal for all-in coal (rather x coal lol)"!

2 cts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,338 posts
9,762 battles

Hi all,

I unlocked my "Personal Missions" for all of my "Tier X" ships... it will be long grind...

Leo "Apollo11"

[UNICS]
Players
3,324 posts
13,338 battles

Lots of talk about maybe upgrades/sidegrades. They were all over the place initially and I have to say I doubt these early speculations. Do we know the final specs for the upgrades - where are they?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,490 posts
11,458 battles
6 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Lots of talk about maybe upgrades/sidegrades. They were all over the place initially and I have to say I doubt these early speculations. Do we know the final specs for the upgrades - where are they?

11 days ago WG posted this news article

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/modernizations-x/

Seems pretty final despite "WiP" in screenshots.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,338 posts
9,762 battles

Hi all,

On 6/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, Aotearas said:

I hope the expire time (31.12) for the missions are just placeholders and the missions themselves last indefinately.

The missions are quite grindy (though thst was to be expected) and with a whole bunch of tier X ships it would take a great deal of time to get them all done. I'm not sure 5 months is enough for the number of tier X ships I have (and that number will increase by a couple in the near future) ... at least as long as I don't specifically just grind tier X ships all the time, which is quite frankly something I'm not terribly motivated to do.

Maybe @MrConway could give an answer to that.

From Reddit by @Sub_Octavian :

Leo "Apollo11"

[UNICS]
Players
3,324 posts
13,338 battles

I doubt I'll get there anytime soon, but the DM one seems like a good piece for me. Hindenburg too. Thing is, I'm not utilising either ship very well as it is.

I doubt Gearing and YY will be worth switching to for me. Concealment in Gearing is tempting, but 15% less gunpower when you need it seems like a tough trade-off. Losing that concealment in YY for 10% extra gunpower is probably not worth it for me either. I'd probably try the GK one.

I don't see many must haves. Mostly side-grades. Some good additions. The Grozo one should be good.

[_I_]
Players
22 posts
13,441 battles

Most of these tradeoffs initally appears quite poor to me. Especially since you have to grind quite a bit to get something that in most of the cases appear "meh". Having Montana as my favorite ship, I can't really imagine changing the concealment for something  that effectively gives 15% fire reduction. Most of the others give me the same feeling really (with a few exceptions)

I really would've preferred that they added an extra slot and given 2+ unique modules to fit into for tier X- each giving some kinda marginal bonus of different kind.

Players
2,188 posts
3,836 battles
14 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

Why dont you just play as you normaly play?

These upgrades are (IMO) not worth to spilling the sweat.

• Cool 1